Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

Might be being a bit over-critical because atmosphere was quite good (though a bit weird we barely sung when they came out?) but people need to stop panicking and creating negativity when things get a tiny bit uncomfortable.

People around me getting really aggy at 3-1, just relax. Same happened v Burnley at 1-2. It's the Prem, teams will have a spell, but we're winning. If we'd just gone 3-1 or 1-2 up then people would be singing and smiling. It's still the same score!

We've thrown away leads before so I get it, but it's only gonna increase the chance of it happening again and no doubt that negative energy has contributed to those times too!

• Like 4

Decent noise throughout the game but flat as a pancake during second half injury time (apart from the goal).

Usually with a big convincing win the ground would be bouncing as the last couple of minutes play out and then a big roar at the full time whistle.  Strange.

On 01/10/2023 at 13:50, gilbertoAVFC said:

Might be being a bit over-critical because atmosphere was quite good (though a bit weird we barely sung when they came out?)

Klopp might be on to something re the 12.30 too early start (mainly due to Europe I know) but I didn’t start chanting until the game started, just didn’t which is unusual as I normally start before they are out, just felt too early.  I rarely drink so not because I didn’t have enough booze and I’m regularly up at 5am so not too early for me but getting to the ground just felt too early.  I can’t explain it and by what you’ve said it may have been more common than just me.

Holte and rest of the ground was poor tonight but it is hard to rouse ourselves against bosnian minnows most of us had never heard of until a few weeks ago. TV probably dosent help though. I noticed TV and LG dosent really get booed at HT now, its becoming accepted it seems

2 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Do you think it's the fans that are crap?

Wouldn’t say crap because people pay their money and turn up, but we just aren’t very vocal most of the time. Personally I’d hate it to be how it is abroad constant singing. I prefer a  reactionary atmosphere where things can just turn for whatever reason .

Yeah I was in my usual seat in the upper holte last night and can confirm TV and LG  adverts were resoundly booed and jeered.

Mental in the Holte when SJM scored. Night match at VP and a last minute winner - one of lifes truely wonderful unforgettable moments !

Made the 2 hr journey home to Newmarket much easier than it would have been if it had been 0 - 0, or 0 - 1.........

Credit to the opposition and their fans.

Did someone post something before the game that their keeper was their weak link? thought he played well to be honest.

8 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Holte and rest of the ground was poor tonight but it is hard to rouse ourselves against bosnian minnows most of us had never heard of until a few weeks ago. TV probably dosent help though. I noticed TV and LG dosent really get booed at HT now, its becoming accepted it seems

Are you on about terrace view? The advert for the holte suite got boo’d on Saturday, funny as one off. But why should we boo it? That hardly helps the atmosphere, they are still Villa fans.

Hard to get up for games against very unknown teams tbf

European teams will seem to have a better atmosphere against us because we're a household name and it's their cup final.

People bring up Newcastle. Yeah, duh. Imagine if PSG came to Villa Park under the lights.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1

Â