Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

Just now, Keyblade said:

We have to turn VP into a cauldron. Next 2 games we need to get the team over the line. Brighton on the final day could shape up to be a classic too 

Absolutely this!! We have such a big role to play - we should be loud as **** the way Emery has got us playing. Clear the players are responding. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

gotta be a party atmosphere on saturday

Or after 15 minutes of patient play trying to draw them out and not 7 shots screams of "get it forward" and groans at a sideways pass.

Not to be a Debbie downer but that's honestly generally what happens on a good run. We expect to win 3-0 and when we don't blitz the first 20 the crowd wets their pants.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I do think that as a match day fanbase we need to adjust to the new methods and style, it will be a lot of slow build up from the back, we will piss about with the ball in our own area, we will occasionally make mistakes. We, as a fanbase need to acclimatise to this, I think at the moment there’s still a lot of trepidation when we’re doing some of this, based off past experiences of course.

9 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I do think that as a match day fanbase we need to adjust to the new methods and style, it will be a lot of slow build up from the back, we will piss about with the ball in our own area, we will occasionally make mistakes. We, as a fanbase need to acclimatise to this, I think at the moment there’s still a lot of trepidation when we’re doing some of this, based off past experiences of course.

bournemouth was fine. much more of an acceptance of the style. but unfortunately meant for a bit of a flat atmosphere

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

bournemouth was fine. much more of an acceptance of the style. but unfortunately meant for a bit of a flat atmosphere

I think it'll be the opposite v Forest. I was a bit flat watching the Bournemouth game, no idea why, might have just been who it was. I don't think I will be the same v Forest

21 hours ago, tomav84 said:

gotta be a party atmosphere on saturday

For all those who have said 'the players need to give the fans something to sing and shout about' etc and have indicated a home fanbase should only vocally back the team when things are going well...surely then there's no excuse for Saturday for VP not being electric?

Edited by wedge
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, wedge said:

For all those who have said 'the players need to give the fans something to sing and shout about' etc and have indicated a home fanbase should only vocally back the team when things are going well...surely then there's no excuse for Saturday for VP not being electric?

It's never going to be electric. The only time it ever is , is when there's a sense of injustice.

Bring back Jon Moss I say.

1 minute ago, Villa87 said:

Not jumping on the players backs if they are slowly keeping possession will help!

I actually think/hope that Villa fans have learned to live with keeping the ball and being patient now that the benefits are so clear and the players have become more confident at it.

Next step will be to increase the ball tempo and become even more difficult to play against. No doubt we will always have those in favor of just punting it towards the general area where the lone attacker is up against 4-5 opponents and with no one to head it too should he win the duel against all odds. :D 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

I actually think/hope that Villa fans have learned to live with keeping the ball and being patient now that the benefits are so clear and the players have become more confident at it.

Next step will be to increase the ball tempo and become even more difficult to play against. No doubt we will always have those in favor of just punting it towards the general area where the lone attacker is up against 4-5 opponents and with no one to head it too should he win the duel against all odds. :D 

I agree that the fans are becoming more patient with the slow build up play. The challenge is turning that patience into positive energy and atmosphere  whilst the players are passing it around the back. We’ll get there, I think fans will be on good form tomorrow.

14 hours ago, sne said:

Patiently loud will be quite something. Not sure how that works but I'm all for it.

As opposed to the old gammon in P5 screamint after 10 minutes to "come on!!!" "Get it forward!!!".

Shouts of " Come on lads!! really appreciate the patient passing in our own third!!!! I see what we're trying to do!!! Draw them out and break the press and we're away!!! Come on lads!!! Continue with this and it will pay dividends!!!! Lads!!!"

• Haha 2

thought there were signs against bournemouth where the crowd started buying into the new style .There was a moment where there were maybe 30 passes that went all the way back and was loudly applauded , we really need to buy into this style of play.

11 minutes ago, wedge said:

How was it today?

Where I was in the Holte it wasn’t negative at all. Started really good, went a little quiet in the first half which reflected the nothingness of the game at that point.  No booing.  Acceptance of the play.  Better second half before the goal and then good and excellent for the final ten minutes and especially after the second goal.  Loads of Emery chants, along with a great McGinn rendition and obviously 1982 song is always popular.  So apart from a bit flat mid to late first half it was good imo.  Not bouncing until the end but very good second half.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

Â