Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

1 hour ago, TRO said:

When you have conceded as many goals as we have recently, is it any wonder fans say, "Lump it Forward"...they just want to clear the lines, and avoid gifts.

We are in transition, and when the confidence returns to playing out from the back, backed up by wins......you will notice the calls to Lump it, subside.

To be fair, some of the goals conceded have been a bit amateurish, so the fans can be forgiven, for me.....its a learning process, but there are no "L" plates on the goal posts.

@TRO @nick76 honestly lads I thought the inclusion of "bring back Pongo Waring" would make it obvious I was making a joke. Atmosphere really isn't as bad as some people love to make it out to be, thought the upper Holte was pretty lively last weekend personally

Edited by icouldtelltheworld
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, TRO said:

I know......lets score 4 at home in the next game and measure the noise......then let in 4 the game after, and see the difference in noise level.

I'll get mt coat.....🙄

The point is we need to encourage the team through thick and thin.  

We are winning its easy when the going gets tough it's harder but instead of moaning we try and create an atmosphere for the players to get back into the game.

It's a daft idea I know but anything is better than booing the team and leaving as you can't be arsed 😉 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

@TRO @nick76 honestly lads I thought the inclusion of "bring back Pongo Waring" would make it obvious I was making a joke. Atmosphere really isn't as bad as some people love to make it out to be, thought the upper Holte was pretty lively last weekend personally

sorry, if I answered seriously, but I think the crowd get too much stick, for what they get back in return.

I don't count player abuse, because I don't witness that, and I abhor it anyway.

There is no accounting for individuals, they are just a mirror of society, but the crowd generally are good as far as I can see.

• Like 1

Afternoon all, quick question on the Upper Holte. My season ticket is on row 4 in K7, for tomorrows game I managed to buy tickets for a friend and her son, but all that was available was row 30 in K2 and I worried that the guys/girls at the very top never seem to sit down and the young lad might not see anything. 

Just wondering if any of you folks sit/stand at the very top and could advise if it’s suitable for a young kid? 

Im happy to let them sit in my seats and me and my son can use the seats at the top if it’s going to give him a better experience. 

Edited by av1

3 hours ago, av1 said:

Afternoon all, quick question on the Upper Holte. My season ticket is on row 4 in K7, for tomorrows game I managed to buy tickets for a friend and her son, but all that was available was row 30 in K2 and I worried that the guys/girls at the very top never seem to sit down and the young lad might not see anything. 

Just wondering if any of you folks sit/stand at the very top and could advise if it’s suitable for a young kid? 

Im happy to let them sit in my seats and me and my son can use the seats at the top if it’s going to give him a better experience. 

I was at the back of The Holte with my 7 year old for the Stevenage game.  He stood on his seat no issues.

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

I was at the back of The Holte with my 7 year old for the Stevenage game.  He stood on his seat no issues.

Thanks mate. Though her son has been to VP a couple of times before, he’s never been in the Holte and he’s really excited bless him. So I think I might just get there a bit earlier than usual, let him see both options and let him choose whatever he prefers. 

57 minutes ago, sne said:

Watching on the telly it sounded like Villa Park was quite lively today. Sounded great.

It was actually quite subdued today aside from the last 10 mins after we got the second. At the end of the day though we are an 11th place team playing a bottom four side so I wouldn't expect it to be rocking.

The real positive from today in terms of us the fans was that I felt we are now getting used to the slow build up and passing it around from the back and there was way less impatience and panic in terms of wanting us to hoof it forwards.

I've said previously Emery is not going to change from the way he wants to play it is on us as fans to get used to it. In fairness why wouldn't we buy into it as he is a proven winner and even at this early stage with us showing huge progress in how we play. Exciting times for us ahead. 

Edited by markavfc40

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

It was actually quite subdued today aside from the last 10 mins after we got the second. At the end of the day though we are an 11th place team playing a bottom four side so I wouldn't expect it to be rocking.

The real positive from today in terms of us the fans was that I felt we are now getting used to the slow build up and passing it around from the back and there was way less impatience and panic in terms of wanting us to hoof it forwards.

I've said previously Emery is not going to change from the way he wants to play it is on us as fans to get used to it. In fairness why wouldn't we buy into it as he is a proven winner and even at this early stage with us showing huge progress in how we play. Exciting times for us ahead. 

Guess it was down to the placement of the mics then.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Watching on the telly it sounded like Villa Park was quite lively today. Sounded great.

Yes I agree, sounded great on TV today.  Mics must have been closer to the Holte end or something 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

The fans seem to be coming around with playing around at the back and even didn’t give Bailey much stick. Saying that there was a lot of empty seats today because of the strikes.

• Like 2

Listening to some of the blokes behind us in the Upper Holte today, you have to wonder why some people bother.

Constant swearing at our players, not giving any credit for good things and constantly criticising and moaning throughout. 

Aside from that, there were a few pockets of noise at times but wasn't particularly lively. Probably didn't help that we got absolutely soaked at half time though!

4 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I noticed this too. Was quite refreshing.

I tried bringing up the idea of a drum in the Holte on twitter. The replies were, ehm, less than constructive. New ideas and innovation isn’t welcome because «it’s not how we do it, so it’s automatically shit» (I’ve paraphrased, but only slightly.) 

On the plus side, someone told me to have a day off, so I’m currently lounging around doing f*** all. That was kind of them. 

• Haha 1

On 17/03/2023 at 20:07, av1 said:

Thanks mate. Though her son has been to VP a couple of times before, he’s never been in the Holte and he’s really excited bless him. So I think I might just get there a bit earlier than usual, let him see both options and let him choose whatever he prefers. 

How did the lad find Saturday mate? Hopefully that's him hooked for life 😜 

2 hours ago, S-Platt said:

How did the lad find Saturday mate? Hopefully that's him hooked for life 😜 

He loved it mate. I took him to my seats first, then took him up to the top and told him that they are a bit noisier higher up and he said he ‘wanted to stay with the loud people’

He also mentioned that some YouTube guy called villa on tour sits high up and he watches all his videos. And like it was meant to be, he bumped into the bloke when we went back down to get a drink. He went running over to the guy, and fair to to the bloke, he put him in his YouTube video predicting the score. 

Honestly mate, i really couldn’t have dreamed anything more perfect. He was absolutely buzzing. Apparently he’s sent this YouTube video to everyone he knows 🤣

Was sat in the Trinity Road on Saturday and didn't hear a single negative word that I can remember.. Had to go home and get a hearing test.

Was nice to hear the crowd completely with the team, long may it continue.

• Like 2

Great reception from our fans for David Brooks, when he came on at the weekend. He has voiced his appreciation “I’d like to say thank you to all the Villa fans that did that (applauded). They were doing it near enough as soon as I went to warm up in the first bit, so to do that, I’m pretty sure that my family in the crowd and everyone involved with me, it was a nice moment for them as well." 

Link (warning Birmingham Live): https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-david-brooks-bournemouth-26509179

• Like 1

Â