Midweek Football 23/25 August

andykeenan

Just now, Xela said:

They haven't bought anyone have they, West Ham? 

Made dawsons loan permanent and changed the back up keeper to him that was at Fulham last year 

Think they need another striker personally, not sure what youth they have coming through for a bit of cup depth 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I agree, I think what @villa89 was saying was intended as a compliment.

Moyes has done a good job, but will ultimately probably hit the ceiling just outside the big European spots.

I think you're probably right, though "but limited" didn't sound like much of a compliment :D

Settling around 8th every season  will probably see him out of a job within 2-3 years as we football fans demand constant progress, but would be a great achievement by the historical standards of West Ham, even before taking into account they're run by the dildo brothers who aren't well known for supporting their managers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think you're probably right, though "but limited" didn't sound like much of a compliment :D

Settling around 8th every season  will probably see him out of a job within 2-3 years as we football fans demand constant progress, but would be a great achievement by the historical standards of West Ham, even before taking into account they're run by the dildo brothers who aren't well known for supporting their managers.

To put it into perspective, I might be wrong on this, but they've only bettered their 6th place finish last season twice in their entire history as a football club.

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

To put it into perspective, I might be wrong on this, but they've only bettered their 6th place finish last season twice in their entire history as a football club.

World Cup winners, though ;) 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

3rd in '86, was their best ever I think. Days of Cottee and McAvennie smashing the goals in

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, WHY said:

Antonio is quality, why are our fans acting like he isn’t. Done the hard work to get where he is. He is a handful and leads the line brilliantly. Would have been great to have a player like him in the England squad at the Euros imo.

declared for Jamaica

1 minute ago, Xela said:

3rd in '86, was their best ever I think. Days of Cottee and McAvennie smashing the goals in

Yup, 3rd in 86 and 5th in 99. 2 or 3 more 6th place finishes in 125 odd years. Absolute myth of a club.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He's alright. Most goals he's ever scored in a PL season is 10. Yet he's now their top PL scorer of all time. :crylaugh:

Gabby Agbonlahor says hi

Edited by gwi1890

Â