Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

8 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Not 100% sure what's included but might be a few tickets and a kit for the kid. Don't think it's full hospitality or anything like that.

Either way it's a rip off. £500 is season ticket money, not day out money

9 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Gate receipts don't represent a large revenue percentage for big clubs. Even less reason for them to be fleecing loyal fans who then up every week. 

So how do they increase matchday income then?

22 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

By winning the game that gives us more points each place in the table is worth about 1.2 million.  We come top 6 we get loads more income than finishing 17th.

They have now got the manager for this but milking the fans 2 seasons running and justifying it with bullshit reasons is way off the mark by the club.

Those home fans that go to odd games too are being fleeced when it's only £30 for away fans.

Fans across the country should unite and make a stand as prices will keep going up.

5 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

A sad reality that despite the owners generosity and wealth, we are fundamentally a business still.

Its been like this for years not just now. your paying for a service we enjoy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

What I'm saying is that, as matchday income isn't the main source of revenue, increasing it isn't going to make much difference to our overall aim of becoming one of the big European teams. The priority is international commercial activity, which forms a large percentage of big club revenue. How we increase this is the question you need to ask. But before you do... I don't know the answer! 

42 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

What I'm saying is that, as matchday income isn't the main source of revenue, increasing it isn't going to make much difference to our overall aim of becoming one of the big European teams. The priority is international commercial activity, which forms a large percentage of big club revenue. How we increase this is the question you need to ask. But before you do... I don't know the answer! 

Yes and no. Every little bit counts towards FFP calculations. 

Villa’s total annual revenue roughly is £180m. Matchday income is £16m. That’s 9% of their total revenue which is a large slice for revenue for a business.  

However Spurs matchday revenue is £100m. That would be over 50% of our total annual revenue!

But yes, from a fan viewpoint, it’s too expensive and will mean I go to less matches next season. The price increases this season already meant I dropped a couple of matches compared to usual. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ender4 said:

Yes and no. Every little bit counts towards FFP calculations. 

Villa’s total annual revenue roughly is £180m. Matchday income is £16m. That’s 9% of their total revenue which is a large slice for revenue for a business.  

However Spurs matchday revenue is £100m. That would be over 50% of our total annual revenue!

But yes, from a fan viewpoint, it’s too expensive and will mean I go to less matches next season. The price increases this season already meant I dropped a couple of matches compared to usual. 

Genuine question how the F do spurs make that much a game? Or is that the annual figure?

Edited by Sulberto21

7 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Genuine question how the F do spurs make that much a game? Or is that the annual figure?

Definitely annual. But even so. If you dug deep there would be some financial rule bending there would have to me

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

6 million per home game.

London, executive boxes, foreign travellers watching games buying merchandise and big crowds

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ender4 said:

Yep, £16m annual for Villa and £100m annual for Spurs. 

Our annual income cannot possibly be £16m.  That would equate to £20 per punter walking through door so cheaper than the cheapest entrance ticket alone. 

Similarly Spurs can't be £100m per match, that would be £1,600 per punter walking through the door. 

Both figures are bollox basically. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

Our annual income cannot possibly be £16m.  That would equate to £20 per punter walking through door so cheaper than the cheapest entrance ticket alone. 

Similarly Spurs can't be £100m per match, that would be £1,600 per punter walking through the door. 

Both figures are bollox basically. 

So is your reading 😛. He said annual, not per match

Yep, £16m annual for Villa and £100m annual for Spurs.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, blandy said:

So is your reading 😛. He said annual, not per match

Well that's also got to be wrong as well.  That would be about £83 per punter.  That's not going to cover much more than your ticket, sushi and a couple of bottom up pints.   They must have thousands of corporate seats. I know premier packages are £500 or so and christ only knows how much a box costs per head.

That's excluding cup and European games too.  They've been in Europe each of the last few seasons and I would assume must have had at least a couple of home cup games. 

£100m is at least more reasonable but it's surely higher. 

41 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Well that's also got to be wrong as well.  That would be about £83 per punter.  That's not going to cover much more than your ticket, sushi and a couple of bottom up pints.   They must have thousands of corporate seats. I know premier packages are £500 or so and christ only knows how much a box costs per head.

That's excluding cup and European games too.  They've been in Europe each of the last few seasons and I would assume must have had at least a couple of home cup games. 

It depends.

You are forgetting season tickets take up a large amount of the seats.

If they are NOT including prepurchased seating ( season tickets) and only including what money is taken on the day, it would be more in line.

Edited by brummybloke

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You’ve lost me, again. But it’s Spurs, not Villa, so off topic anyway.

Our whole turnover was less than double that figure last accounts, so to get towards it would be amazing and incredibly difficult. Clubs don’t all account for things under the same headings, though, so it’s hard to compare the figures like for like anyway.

Consistent higher league placing, European football, being on the telly more, having a bigger ground with better catering and better corporate facilities, better and more sponsorship, naming rights, non-football events at the ground and so on…these are all things that we are aiming towards and which the likes of totteringham hipsters mostly have already done.

• Like 1

I've not been to villa Park since I moved out of the midlands 15 years ago so I don't know what our food/ beverage situation is like now.

Spurs generate just under 1 million per game in food and drink.

They keep the main bars and food open and clubs shop open AFTER the match which keeps people at the stadium for an extra hour or so, spending more money instead of just heading for the exit to beat the queues, they also have decent public transport.

Sorting out decent public transport with wm travel and the trains to get people to the stadium and away from the stadium without the need for cars, or even purchasing a large plot of land within a mile of the club for park and ride ( for a charge) would help people stay at the ground longer.

Celebrate a win (us not spurs obvs) and people using public transport would be more likely to have another drink or 2 then some food before heading off. Once you've left the grounds the place is a shit hole so you are not going to hang around so getting any kind of extra money has to happen before people leave.

Match day income for clubs generates around 12% of their total income so its not to be sniffed at by generating more on matchdays.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, blandy said:

You’ve lost me, again. But it’s Spurs, not Villa, so off topic anyway.

Our whole turnover was less than double that figure last accounts, so to get towards it would be amazing and incredibly difficult. Clubs don’t all account for things under the same headings, though, so it’s hard to compare the figures like for like anyway.

Consistent higher league placing, European football, being on the telly more, having a bigger ground with better catering and better corporate facilities, better and more sponsorship, naming rights, non-football events at the ground and so on…these are all things that we are aiming towards and which the likes of totteringham hipsters mostly have already done.

The discussion was about matchday income wasn't it? Spurs annual match day income must me more than £100m (just as ours is surely much more than £16m)

23 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

I've not been to villa Park since I moved out of the midlands 15 years ago so I don't know what our food/ beverage situation is like now.

Spurs generate just under 1 million per game in food and drink.

They keep the main bars and food open and clubs shop open AFTER the match which keeps people at the stadium for an extra hour or so, spending more money instead of just heading for the exit to beat the queues, they also have decent public transport.

Sorting out decent public transport with wm travel and the trains to get people to the stadium and away from the stadium without the need for cars, or even purchasing a large plot of land within a mile of the club for park and ride ( for a charge) would help people stay at the ground longer.

Celebrate a win (us not spurs obvs) and people using public transport would be more likely to have another drink or 2 then some food before heading off. Once you've left the grounds the place is a shit hole so you are not going to hang around so getting any kind of extra money has to happen before people leave.

Match day income for clubs generates around 12% of their total income so its not to be sniffed at by generating more on matchdays.

Yeah people go to their ground early and stay after games as the 5:30 kick off game is on the TVs there. Obviously London prices help Spurs a lot in terms of profit margins on food and drink. 

We can surely focus ways to improve the match day revenue and fan experience. More games at VP will help with funds too if we can get Europe or a run of games

• Like 1

had a quick look on spurs partners to see if they had a beer partner because i thought spurs also had a micro brewery in the stadium to make more profit on the booze, they have heineken so maybe not

more depressing they have 17 in total - the 3 from the shirt + 1 from the training kit which we must surely be doing soon, i think even wolves do it now, they have 2 betting partners 1 for asia and one for north america, they have coca cola as a soft drinks partner, they have a 4x4 vehicle partner...a banking partner, cadburys as a snack partner (so do we) a tyre partner, EA as a video game partner

its **** depressing that the answer is you sell your soul to this bullshit or you sell your soul to a middle eastern state

edit - yes they do, beavertown have a brewery built in the stadium

Edited by villa4europe

Â