Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

Takes too long to get shots away. So many times he received ball on edge of the box and he was taking 2-3 touches to even line up a shot and he just got crowded out.

Simply not as good a CF as I thought he was tbh. Also think he should've done better when we chipped that free kick first half and he barely made any contact.

3 league goals since August.

• Like 1

Seems to be snatching at efforts at the moment, like the two efforts described by Chris above.  Should have buried both of those.  Just not quite working for him.  He is a quality player though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STO said:

Seems to be snatching at efforts at the moment, like the two efforts described by Chris above.  Should have buried both of those.  Just not quite working for him.  He is a quality player though. 

That’s what happens when you don’t play as often he needs to be playing week in week out , and is always undeservedly subbed off rather than Ollie,  probably just trying to hard and out of rhythm.

• Like 3

He had a nightmare today. His finishing has been off for a while.

That said, he still has more goal contributions than anyone else in the team, and that's despite playing less time than Watkins. Despite Watkins' celebrated pressing, Ings has more tackles and interceptions than Watkins, too.

Would I love to get a world class striker in? Yes. Do I expect better finishing from Ings? Yes. But don't overlook his other contributions, and he's the best we have right now.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, TomC said:

He had a nightmare today. His finishing has been off for a while.

That said, he still has more goal contributions than anyone else in the team, and that's despite playing less time than Watkins. Despite Watkins' celebrated pressing, Ings has more tackles and interceptions than Watkins, too.

Would I love to get a world class striker in? Yes. Do I expect better finishing from Ings? Yes. But don't overlook his other contributions, and he's the best we have right now.

Eh, his expected assist numbers are more than double his actual assist numbers suggesting that he's assist tally is more good luck than anything. Instead of just goal contributions, I prefer to look at non-penalty goals+expected assists per 90. In which case, its

Danny Ings- 0.33

Ollie Watkins-0.36

So practically the same.

• Like 1

Ings is quality - more natural finisher and reads the game superbly. There’s a reason why he’s had 5 assists already. With a pre-season under his belt he should be leading the line with Archer being a good understudy. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Ings is quality - more natural finisher and reads the game superbly. There’s a reason why he’s had 5 assists already. With a pre-season under his belt he should be leading the line with Archer being a good understudy. 

I think he might well end up being part of any offer to Brighton for bissouma. They need a forward who can score, we need a central midfielder

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, og1874 said:

I think he might well end up being part of any offer to Brighton for bissouma. They need a forward who can score, we need a central midfielder

Hmm. That would be an interesting offer - though I’d prefer Ollie is sold as a makeweight though. 

54 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Hmm. That would be an interesting offer - though I’d prefer Ollie is sold as a makeweight though. 

Even if we managed to do some kind of swap for Ings re Bissouma, I'd also look to get Ollie sold, too tbh

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Ings for Bissouma would be an exceptional deal for us… how realistic it is… I have no clue 😆

Its what i've seen the media talking about.  It would be great for us imho.  Ings hasn't looked at the level I'd hoped he would, he is over 30 and he injury prone.  Cash in, move on and go and buy Darwin Nunez ??

Edited by barry'sboots

1 minute ago, barry'sboots said:

Its what i've seen the media talking about.  It would be great for us imho.  Ings hasn't looked at the level I'd hoped he would, he is over 30 and he injury prone.  Cash in, move on and go and buy Darwin Nunez ??

Can’t see why Nunez or any sought after or highly rated/recognised player would be eager to join us with the way we have been going. So many more attractive propositions for those kinds of players…

I don’t have much positivity, enthusiasm or excitement about us atm. 

Anyway, Ings would be a useful signing for Brighton who struggle to score or finish chances and Bissouma would strength our midfield. Ings hasn’t worked out or fit here imo and has no longevity so I’d be happy to move him on.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Eh, his expected assist numbers are more than double his actual assist numbers suggesting that he's assist tally is more good luck than anything. Instead of just goal contributions, I prefer to look at non-penalty goals+expected assists per 90. In which case, its

Danny Ings- 0.33

Ollie Watkins-0.36

So practically the same.

Oh you don’t want to look at reality just look at non-reality.  Based on this non-reality we won the game yesterday based on xG, which we were better than Spurs, so you should speak to the PL to make sure they give us the 3 points because the actual loss of 4-0 doesn’t count 😂

46 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Btw, Ings is 29.

Â