Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

Just give him a few games ffs, that's all I want. If he's fully shit then great we are buggered but there's no way he should be on the bench instead of Watkins currently. It's becoming a joke. 

There's a reason you have a £30m backup striker, use him when the other has been shit for months. 

• Like 3

Watkins is a better fit for the team, imo. He isn't performing which is frustrating but I can see why Gerrard is persisting.

Ings will be in soon enough though if Watkisn doesn't significantly improve

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Watkins is a better fit for the team, imo. He isn't performing which is frustrating but I can see why Gerrard is persisting.

I get all these posts but 3 goals scored by half time. Watkins not crux of problem vs Leeds 

so....im 100% in the Ings should be playing over Watkins camp.

However, trying to understand the why and play devils advocate might be interesting, so....why isnt Ings starting over Watkins??

• Do the coaches see something in training?
  • Are they playing him in the hope that he will regain his form with games?
  • Do the coaches think Watkins fits the system better?, even if to us he looks like he is playing rubbish?
  • Is Ings not "all in"...as Gerrard likes to say a lot?
  • Is Ings not looking as good as Watkins in training?
  • Does Gerrard want to offload Ings' wages in the summer?, so this is a way of saying "you are a good striker, but you will be gone in the summer"?
  • Are they trying to play him in to form, as Gerrard wants to offload him for a big chunk in the summer? (and playing him is the nest way to do that?)
  • Something else??
Edited by MaVilla

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I get all these posts but 3 goals scored by half time. Watkins not crux of problem vs Leeds 

No I agree, and I actually think Watkins was ok yesterday. The role has become far more skewed towards bringing Coutinho and Buendia into the game rather than being an out and out striker. Which is why I think Watkins is more sited to our style than Ings.

But it doesn't take away from the fact that he isn't performing well overall at the moment.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so....im 100% in the Ings should be playing over Watkins camp.

However, trying to understand the why and play devils advocate might be interesting, so....why isnt Ings starting over Watkins??

• Do the coaches see something in training?
  • Are they playing him in the hope that he will regain his form with games?
  • Do the coaches think Watkins fits the system better?, even if to us he looks like he is playing rubbish?
  • Is Ings not "all in"...as Gerrard likes to say a lot?
  • Is Ings not looking as good as Watkins in training?
  • Does Gerrard want to offload Ings' wages in the summer?, so this is a way of saying "you are a good striker, but you will be gone in the summer"?
  • Are they trying to play him in to form, as Gerrard wants to offload him for a big chunk in the summer? (and playing him is the nest way to do that?)
  • Something else??

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Our third goal happened because Watkins made an intelligent run which took away two defenders leaving Ramsey free with a gaping hole to ease himself into.

Yes fair dues he did.  

21 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Our third goal happened because Watkins made an intelligent run which took away two defenders leaving Ramsey free with a gaping hole to ease himself into.

And you don't think Ings is capable of that? 

Ings is alot more proactive on wanting a through ball

Edited by Lord Willard

21 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

was about to type this exact thing but you beat me to it. cheers.

• Like 1

Â