Tim Iroegbunam

useless

The big difference between Carney and Tim is that you could say Carney is a luxury type player while Tim is not. Carney is probably more talented but Tim is that type of player you can trust more. He is far quicker than Carney. He is a far better tackler . And better in the air than Carney.  And a really good passer. And for at least the next few years or probably 10 Tim is the type of player we need more than Carney. 

I think that we might well lose Carney and it will be a damn shame as he has been with us since 11 years old.  But the Baggies lost Tim last year and he had been with them since 8 years old.  When we look back in 5 years time i think that we will not be that unhappy about how it all turned out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Carney Chukwuemeka is a great player, he is special, we have lots of competition for places. Our current young players are probably the best group I’ve seen but at the same time, I don’t want to put too much pressure on them

Fair enough, I do need to see more of him.

5 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

I liked the cameo. Do you think he will get a start in the coming games?

For sure. I wpuld be tempted to start him against Norwicb. 

It is next season where we are going to see more and more of our kids. The 5 subs rule is going to be to our advantage in giving them  first team experience . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

For sure. I wpuld be tempted to start him against Norwicb. 

It is next season where we are going to see more and more of our kids. The 5 subs rule is going to be to our advantage in giving them  first team experience . 

Agreed. I think Tim gave us better balance in the midfield when he came on, he had a presence and covered space really well (albeit it was only for a few minutes). I do not think he will start against Norwich though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

The big difference between Carney and Tim is that you could say Carney is a luxury type player while Tim is not. Carney is probably more talented but Tim is that type of player you can trust more. He is far quicker than Carney. He is a far better tackler . And better in the air than Carney.  And a really good passer. And for at least the next few years or probably 10 Tim is the type of player we need more than Carney. 

I think that we might well lose Carney and it will be a damn shame as he has been with us since 11 years old.  But the Baggies lost Tim last year and he had been with them since 8 years old.  When we look back in 5 years time i think that we will not be that unhappy about how it all turned out. 

I thought we signed Carney a couple of seasons ago.

Agree on Tim but he is going to need a lot of minutes before judgement on where he is in senior football.

Edited by paul514

5 hours ago, paul514 said:

I thought we signed Carney a couple of seasons ago.

Agree on Tim but he is going to need a lot of minutes before judgement on where he is in senior football.

You made me think then . Just checked and we got him from Northampton in the summer of 2016.. i think with Tim you can just see he is going to be good. Barely injured, extremely quick over short bursts and he glides across the grass over longer distances. And really good technical ability . You just know sometimes  don't you. . 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

He's 18. He didn't look out of his depth against Leicester. He was composed and gave us better shape.

Fecking start him and push Luiz up the field with Ramsay

I agree, Norwich is a great game to give him some minutes and play Luiz in his natural position. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Deserves a loan to Championship next season. 

Nah he'll be around the first team. If he wasn't ready for the Prem he'd have been on loan in January once the coaches had had chance to have a look at him following his move.

He also could've just stayed with Baggies and been playing all this season in the Championship.

He's our one to show Chuk what happens when you commit (and to the others) if you then send him out on loan it just proves everything Carney believes about the club and why it's better to move on. More would follow (Bidace for a start).

He's ready for the Prem and it's right for the club that he does

• Like 2

He's the same age as Barry, if he was to go on loan to the championship next season I doubt Chukwuemeka or any of our other youngsters would read anything negative into it, probably the opposite in fact, because if you're nineteen as Iroegbunam will be next season and already good enough to be wanted on loan by championship clubs, then you're doing very well and the club you are at has also done well with your development and to get you a loan to a level as high as the championship, if Chukwuemeka was to sign a contract, I'm sure he himself would be more than happy to go on loan to a championship team next season.

No shame in going to the champioship as a teenager, or even in early twenties, Mount, Abraham, Gallagher, Guehi, Skipp, Garner and others all done it, Archer doing it at the moment.

• Like 1

Norwich would be a good game to give him a start in. ‘Rest’ (drop) McGinn and let’s see

——————Emi——————

Cash Konsa Mings Young

——————Tim——————

———Ramsey Luiz———

——Coutinho Buendia——

—————Watkins—————

Although I think he’s more likely to leave out Luiz.

• Like 3

th

3 hours ago, chappy said:

Norwich would be a good game to give him a start in. ‘Rest’ (drop) McGinn and let’s see

——————Emi——————

Cash Konsa Mings Young

——————Tim——————

———Ramsey Luiz———

——Coutinho Buendia——

—————Watkins—————

Although I think he’s more likely to leave out Luiz.

thats a very young midfield!

• Like 1

Â