Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Did he though? He touched the ball, the definition of playing the ball seems to change to suit what the ref gives, I take it as a shit back pass, if it wasn't a defender on the line that it hit it was the keeper that made a save would you say no offside because the keeper played the ball? Of course not 

I personally don't like either of those rules and how PGMOL use them

When the original header went in he was offside, if we score he's not interfering from there so no problem but when it lands at his feet he is - that's it, there's your rule

Ollie here saying that they admitted that it should have stood. 

10 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Annoyingly, most of the time, he was 1 on 1, he then slows down to the point another player is then able to double up on him.

That's when he loses the ball the most.

Just take the player on instead of trying to cut it back to try and shoot all the time.

This is my problem with Bailey for a winger he seems reluctant to take on his marker on far too many occasions.

I accept I am in a dwindling minority but this is one of the reasons I prefer Bertie.

Bailey is performing much better at the moment, but I do believe if he took the bull by the horns so to speak, he would be even better. Imo 

• Like 1

Got the second most goal contributions in the team in all comps.

Doing alright Bailey and looks closer to that rapid pace that was supposed to be advertised.

Been watching a lot of his off ball movement and it's very engaged too. Must really respect Unai's direction as he's constantly moving as a winger. Coming back at pace to show for the ball and then faking in behind, coming short, and threatening again.

Used to always annoy me a lot of Villa teams would have the winger pretty static and easy to mark but Bailey makes it tough work for the fullback.

7 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Other than the fact he got an assist again yesterday?

See for me, anyone who has  about a dozen poor attempts to put the ball in the box will inevitably have one which sets something up purely as a result of the law of averages. Personally I thought his final ball last night was absolutely woeful, even to the point of making him a bit of a liability as he kept giving posession away which very nearly cost us.

The ratio has to be far higher before I start to think the guy has turned a corner. If he can sort that out he'll be a top player. He's trying though i'll give him that.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

See for me, anyone who has  about a dozen poor attempts to put the ball in the box will inevitably have one which sets something up purely as a result of the law of averages. Personally I thought his final ball last night was absolutely woeful, even to the point of making him a bit of a liability as he kept giving posession away which very nearly cost us.

The ratio has to be far higher before I start to think the guy has turned a corner. If he can sort that out he'll be a top player. He's trying though i'll give him that.

Totally agree. He has definitely shown glimpses this season and shown some quality. I thought he was a real liability on Thursday though. He never seems to look like he has the ball under control and his passing was poor. 

Edited by Villa87

3 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Absolutely this - I agree with everything you say. 

Â