Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

He's abysmal. Does absolutely no work off the ball, and set the tone this afternoon by letting Claire Balding waltz past him time and time again. All of which would be OK if he was a mesmerising presence up front, but he's no pace, can't beat a man, rarely scores and his passing is pathetic. A Championship quality player at the very highest, we should have flogged him in the summer and bought Harvey Barnes.

It was not a performance to be proud of.

He looks unfit, lightweight, slow and lacking basic skills for a winger.

He's a luxury player, if we are 2 or 3 up then he gets some minutes but is just so so terribly bad at most things.

It's on emery today, he should never have started and mcginn should have not been moved to accommodate him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

He need to get fully fit and we'll finally start seeing some proper pace!

People have been saying that since he first signed. It's a myth, he's just shit.

• Like 1

No way back for Bailey after that. Weakest link going forward, Weakest link in the press. Weakest mentality. Just the weakest link full stop. 

Hopefully we can sell him to Saudi and get the wide forward upgrade we desperately need to give Ramsey and Diaby some real competition. 

Really really not getting the hate. 

He was an outlet today and we looked much worse when he went off. 

3 or 4 players were worse than Bailey today. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Taxahunter said:

Did it get so much better after he was substituted? 

the whole team has been awful 

No, it was considerably worse. We lost the wide option and Tielemans was terrible today. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Really really not getting the hate. 

We was an outlet today and we looked much worse when he went off. 

3 or 4 players were worse than Bailey today. 

Please do elucidate as to his positive contribution. All I saw was his poor control and getting knocked over.

1 hour ago, pete101 said:

Hopefully it's last time we see him in a Villa shirt, anyone who defends him , you are not a villa fan

I just did. I've barely missed a Villa game since 1984. How about you? 

4 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Please do elucidate as to his positive contribution. All I saw was his poor control and getting knocked over.

Opened up the space when diaby hit the side netting. Created a hige amount of space in the middle for Luiz, Kamara and Diaby, Won a corner we had a free header from. And did well defensively despite a lapse leading to the goal. But it's like he wasn't the only one who made a mistake for the first. Kamara did too and he's a CDM. Wingers make mistakes when defending. 

Edited by MotoMkali

Â