Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Hilarious how many on here actually believed he has no pace.

He's got 93 pace
Source: Fifa

Edited by messi11

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

It was more to do with the fact that when he came back from injury he seemed to lack the blistering pace when he first signed. With some time and a good pre season behind him, it will be good to see him back at that pace. 

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Yeh. Hilarious. 

Or. The many on here, myself included, haven’t seen this ‘pace’ you and other people claim he has. 

I don’t care if he was quick at Leverkusen. I care about whether or not he can run fast at Villa and for the most part, he’s looked slow. Maybe it’s injuries, maybe it isn’t, who cares, I just know he isn’t quick. 

Happy to be proven wrong this season. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

The only time I saw anything resembling pace was in the exact moment when he injured himself. The worry is that, like Owen, he might not actually be able to run to his max without causing himself problems. Every other time he played he looked pretty slow/averagely paced and did not stand out as quick at all. I was really surprised myself.

• Like 2

I worry the Premier League is too big a step for him, I don’t think he has the mentality or physicality for it (yet!)

I hope he adapts, but apart from the finish, didn’t really do much at all yesterday.  

Jury definitely still out and doesn’t help having a nut box old man in your ear all the time putting pressure on you for his own self-gratification and purpose (or so it seems)

7 minutes ago, macandally said:

I worry the Premier League is too big a step for him, I don’t think he has the mentality or physicality for it (yet!)

I hope he adapts, but apart from the finish, didn’t really do much at all yesterday.  

Jury definitely still out and doesn’t help having a nut box old man in your ear all the time putting pressure on you for his own self-gratification and purpose (or so it seems)

His dad is a weirdo. It can’t help having that nut job in your ear all the time. 

Looks as though he’s living his dream through Leon. Won’t end well.

41 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh. Hilarious. 

Or. The many on here, myself included, haven’t seen this ‘pace’ you and other people claim he has. 

I don’t care if he was quick at Leverkusen. I care about whether or not he can run fast at Villa and for the most part, he’s looked slow. Maybe it’s injuries, maybe it isn’t, who cares, I just know he isn’t quick. 

Looked quick when he literally out paced everyone for his goal against Everton. He’s probably scared of re injuring him self by sprinting at 100% .

47 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh. Hilarious. 

Its almost like that Everton goal didnt happen when he used pace

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Looked quick when he literally out paced everyone for his goal against Everton. He’s probably scared of re injuring him self by sprinting at 100% .

I mean, that just demonstrably isn’t true. He was put through on goal in acres of space. He didn’t really outpace anyone.

But, maybe you’re right, maybe he doesn’t want to injure himself again but unfortunately, if you want to be a PL footballer, you can’t not use your biggest attribute through fear of getting injured. 

I really want him to succeed here but he’s got a mountain to climb to do so and a lot of that isn’t his fault. We simply do not play a system that suits the way he plays. He needs to be playing on the right of a front 3 or on the right wing in a 4-2-3-1. Like the way Smith played. I don’t think you could pick a system that suits him less than the one we play. That’s not on him and it’s unfortunate.

41 minutes ago, Zatman said:

absolutely, its almost like he never ran before 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o03NGowe3x0

rewatching this, Digne had an absolute nightmare this game, I remember the own goal but shocking for the Cash goal

For his goal he didn't have to outpace anyone. As Delphinho said, he was put through in loads of space. The closest player was Godfrey who reacts really slowly.

Having said that, it's true that he doesn't look slow in that moment, but for me that was about the last time I saw him run quickly. In every other game, he looked actually slow—that's a worry at least. Hopefully he's over the injuries and you're proved right.

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Yeah I just watched 12 months of him getting out paced and not beating anyone in a foot race. Silly me!

I forgot all those times he absolute ripped past people.

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yeah I just watched 12 months of him getting out paced and not beating anyone in a foot race. Silly me!

I forgot all those times he absolute ripped past people.

Just because he's not ripping past people, doesn't mean he's lost his pace. You actually need space to run/dribble into.

Â