Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

What a brilliant shot! 😮 Absolutely smashd it, from outside the box and towards the top corner. Hope he does the same again in his next match and that it goes in, fingers crossed. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Is there a possibility that Leon himself said he wanted to continue after the challenge? That he’s mindful of losing his place in the side due to yet another injury?

Your vendetta against Steven Gerrard is clutching on this one! 😂

He was struggling to walk for about 20 minutes on the pitch. It was very obvious to see and the commentary team also noticed it

Edited by Zatman

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Cant believe how much he is getting crucified.  If that goes in no one on here is criticiseing him like this

Sure but it didn’t. And that was really his only positive moment of the day. Still think he deserves another year. There’s an exciting player in there, just need to be a little more patient with him before throwing him overboard.

• Like 1

I don't think I've seen him attempt to beat a single player. His contribution against Leicester was woeful and wasn't any better yesterday. Buendia is a much, much better player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Sure but it didn’t. And that was really his only positive moment of the day. Still think he deserves another year. There’s an exciting player in there, just need to be a little more patient with him before throwing him overboard.

Yeah but watkins had more attempts and was pretty shite yesterday in my opinion. But as he scored and bailey didnt he getting the criticism. Only scored because of a slip and a deflection. Baileys chance was just sheer brilliance. That was a real moment if quality 

• Like 1

Bailey has been poor overall but there are mitigating circumstances.

Let's hope he has a good pre-season, comes back stronger and fitter and let's see what he can do next season.

Given the investment we have made financially in the player we should persist with him IMO.

If he's still not performing after a decent run in the team next season then get rid.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

But he was already injured at that point. Fact is he was our most dangerous player when injured

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah but watkins had more attempts and was pretty shite yesterday in my opinion. But as he scored and bailey didnt he getting the criticism. Only scored because of a slip and a deflection. Baileys chance was just sheer brilliance. That was a real moment if quality 

Watkins has more attempts because he works constantly to get them. For all his faults he’s still very much a self-made man when it comes to opportunities: he steals those loose balls, runs and makes himself available and so on. I wish he’d have a higher hitrate too but it’s no coincidence he usually has quite a few attempts.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Watkins has more attempts because he works constantly to get them. For all his faults he’s still very much a self-made man when it comes to opportunities: he steals those loose balls, runs and makes himself available and so on. I wish he’d have a higher hitrate too but it’s no coincidence he usually has quite a few attempts.

I'm not having a go at Watkins but he's self made as he doesn't have the intelligence to make the runs that the likes of Ings does.

• Like 2

Only image I could find but this was a scissor tackle that took him out. disgraceful refereeing and also us allowing Bailey stay on the pitch when badly injured as he couldnt move after this

Brandon Williams of Norwich City tackles Leon Bailey of Aston Villa... News  Photo - Getty Images

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Only image I could find but this was a scissor tackle that took him out. disgraceful refereeing and also us allowing Bailey stay on the pitch when badly injured as he couldnt move after this

Brandon Williams of Norwich City tackles Leon Bailey of Aston Villa... News  Photo - Getty Images

Yep and some think he "wasnt up for it" it was a horrendous challenge 

On 01/05/2022 at 03:02, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That's what you get when you sign players from the gutter of a Kingston shack 👀

Leverkusen? I know it's stuck in the middle of that vast industrial area of German cities which all blend into one but gutter is a bit strong.

Â