Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

The problem with Bailey is he hasn't had any time to really settle. Brought in by one manager and a system reliant on width and now under a different manager who plays without wide players up top, and injured for a good portion of the season. It's okay blaming and slating players players when their shit, but when they've hardly played.... Some people need to stop talking shit. 

• Like 4

So if we are to sell Bailey, he cost us 25m + add ons. So no add ons have been hit you'd imagine and he is under contract to 2025. So if we sell him for 19m+ it'll be booked as a profit in accounts. A loan with a sizable fee might be an option too. 

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Have the mods suddenly imposed a restriction on entry to this thread requiring people to get tanked on quaaludes before posting?

Honestly, people have totally lost it in here, its a hilarious read. 

What’s so special about it? Looks like any other player thread to me, some saying he’s shit, some saying he’s not.

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

What’s so special about it? Looks like any other player thread to me, some saying he’s shit, some saying he’s not.

Err....

2 hours ago, R.Bear said:

In terms of the money spent, he's very quickly becoming one of our worst ever signings. I feel there is zero chance he will be a Villa player next season and thank god for that.

Amongst other world class overreactions. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Easy for me to see he's of no use to us. He'll do better in a slower softer league, but not here. He has some skills, but that's about it. 30 mill down the drain.

I watch the Bundesliga a fair bit, it is maybe the second fastest and physical league out there. I dont think that the issue for Bailey. Maybe just adjusting to the Premier league is the thing, which seems pretty common these days in players.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 2

On 10/04/2022 at 10:49, Zatman said:

Hd came on at 0-3 with a manager that doesn't trust him.

What were you expecting? Maradona

Leave your hatred of SG out of it.

Apart from the everton goal he's done nothing. He hasn't even beaten a man with pace or trickery.

I'm not expecting maradona. I'm expecting to see something that justifys his price tag. Something that shows a glimpse of what's to come.

He has showed nothing so far and it's pretty hard to argue otherwise.

• Like 1

I put this is the tactics and shape thread, but thought it was actually quite interesting, re: Leon.

Based on this, his weakest ratings have actually come from the position he's been played on most (Forward/Winger ) and his strongest ratings have come from playing in the positions of CAM, CAM Right sided , and bizarelly, one appearance as a DCM.

So, it actually seems, we could make better use of him, by starting him a little bit deeper in the forward line? I'm assuming this gives him more time and space to burst forward into pockets etc 

Screenshot_20220419-022200_Chrome-min.jpg

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

I think Gerrard has given up trying to give players a chance at this stage. He knows he needs results and so it'll be same front three for remainder of season Watkins Ings Coutinho. No place for Bailey other than the bench.

48 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think Gerrard has given up trying to give players a chance at this stage. He knows he needs results and so it'll be same front three for remainder of season Watkins Ings Coutinho. No place for Bailey other than the bench.

Given up on it? He hasn't given half our players a proper chance to begin with.

• Like 3

On 02/04/2022 at 22:48, R.Bear said:

I wrote him off 6 months ago and haven't seen a thing to change that opinion. Nothing player.

I haven't seen anything to write him on, never mind write him off.

I think its another case of iffy scouting.

Where is this notion, that he is quick?

I understand that some players take time to settle, but some of the claims about this lad from his previous club are just unfounded.

Edited by TRO

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

I understand that some players take time to settle, but some of the claims about this lad from his previous club are just unfounded.

He's quite obviously quick. He just hasn't had the space to show it lately, in this narrow formation.

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

What claims were unfounded? And you really don’t think he’s quick?

• Like 2

Â