Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Him and Traore are basically the same.

Freestyle footballers who have no place in a professional game. They should be outside the stadium showing off their silky skills to impressionable young kids who will clap and cheer and keep away from the pitch where some amount of end product is expected.

Edited by jackbauer24
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, jackbauer24 said:

Freestyle footballers who have no place in a professional game. They should be outside the stadium showing off their silky skills to impressionable young kids who will clap and cheer and keep away from the pitch where some amount of end product is expected.

That is so not right.

Bailey doesn't have skills.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Bit harsh that.... I just don't think they are suited to the pace of our league 

2 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

I could see Traore make a living juggling the ball in the street, but Bailey may have to rely on his clothing line.

• Like 1

Lightweight......I feel he might not be suited to the Premier League.

This arduous league might not suit, his twinkle toes game....another Pepe, i fear.

but I guess, he will be given more time.

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Ings has scored five goals all season, how is that "fine" for 30m striker?!

Ollie's been poor aswell but he should make double figures which is o.k in scoring charts at least.

Ings has played about 2/3 as many minutes as Watkins and has roughly 2/3 as many goals, there's not much between them.

He's still only played 604 minutes for us according to transfermarkt, that's less than seven games worth, and he's only had a few starts. Way too early to be writing him off, needs a run in the team.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I think he will be loaned out next year and we'll be taking a 10m hit on him at least tbh. He's looks a million miles off. I know he has great reputation good stats but this one, like Sanson, just does not seem right or a fit.

We've seen it for many times over the year and this one just doesn't seem a good marriage.

And he will score 20 goals elsewhere 

You don't score 28 goals and get 21 assists in 119 appearance in the Bundesliga, and 10 goals and 5 assists in 27 appearances in Europa League, if you're a nothing player. One goal and two assists in less than seven games worth of football in the premier league isn't bad either, especially as he hasn't been fully fit for most of that time.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, useless said:

and 10 goals and 5 assists in 27 appearances in Europa League

Libor Kozak was top scorer in the Europa League the season before we signed him. Ross McCormack was the Championship top scorer. I couldnt give less of a shit what players did elsewhere. All that matters is what they do for us.

8 minutes ago, useless said:

You don't score 28 goals and get 21 assists in 119 appearance in the Bundesliga, and 10 goals and 5 assists in 27 appearances in Europa League, if you're a nothing player. One goal and two assists in less than seven games worth of football in the premier league isn't bad either, especially as he hasn't been fully fit for most of that time.

I’m not convinced the German league is anywhere near as good as people assume beyond Bayern. Sancho and Werner have hardly set the world alight in the prem despite ripping up the bundesliga. I think Bailey is in a similar mould. El Ghazi would probably do a more than decent job in that league 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Ings has played about 2/3 as many minutes as Watkins and has roughly 2/3 as many goals, there's not much between them.

Ings must've started 20 + games this season. Trying to shoehorn him into the team basically got Dean the sack and dosen't look to me like Gerrard is going to have much more success either.

Considering he was always a solid double figures scorer for Burnley and Southampton in this league I think he's been a big failure.

He's scored three league goals since August.

What we needed last summer was a CF who could play across forward line so we could continue playing 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 but seems that plan was ditched for whatever reason once Grealish went.

12 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

I’m not convinced the German league is anywhere near as good as people assume beyond Bayern. Sancho and Werner have hardly set the world alight in the prem despite ripping up the bundesliga. I think Bailey is in a similar mould. El Ghazi would probably do a more than decent job in that league 

That's fair. I watched plenty of it a few years back and it's a different rhythm to premier league, even the bottom end teams park their defences near halfway line so there's always space for wide attackers to run into if teams switch play quickly.

That said ultimately we demand club starts signing proven players from other top leagues and Bailey fitted that criteria at a good age.

Mind you Young started 20 + games for Italian league winners which probably shows Serie A is even weaker nowadays.

Have to play him in behind or at least create overloads regularly enough to get him 1v1 opportunities. Playing in front of banks of defenders will never see the best of him, he'll just try to do too much and lose it.

• Like 1

Â