Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

2 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

It’s slowly getting to the point where you would be shocked if he went past a defender and had a good shot on goal.

In fairness he did that at West Ham and also won a free kick on edge of the box. Today he hit a cross that Leno was flapping at but can't remember much more.

I'd start him at Wolves tbh.

He has not shown to be better than digger Barnes or even Cliff yet. We need to see an extended run in the side to make any assumptions

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

He has not shown to be better than digger Barnes or even Cliff yet. We need to see an extended run in the side to make any assumptions

Some people watched him in Germany and already know.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, messi11 said:

Needs to start next game
Bring some excitement to villa 

He needs to be given a place beside Watkins in 4 4 2 diamond formation we played in the 4 games before Arsenal.

• Like 1

I get that we've had to manage his return from injury...and I have previously made a comment about him just trying too hard because he only gets 15 mins on the pitch to show what he's worth.

This is something to start questioning Gerrard about at this point. Bailey needs game time to try and spread his effort over 90 mins instead of trying to cram a 'wow' moment into 15....it has to come through rotation. He's a £35m asset and we need to start giving him chances to show that...even if there becomes more of a make or break element to it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

How Bailey has played in the premier league Haaland hasnt. 

Leon Bailey has played in 3 games where he has played more than 45 minutes...... I'd bet Haaland has played more than that against English teams.

His minutes totalled up doesn't even equate to 6 full games which BTW he has 3 goal contributions in....

Edited by paul514

On 20/03/2022 at 10:17, paul514 said:

Some people watched him in Germany and already know.

I'd rather base any comparison with Harvey Barnes on his performances in England which, so far, have been lacklustre.

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

One was on the bench in League 1

1 was a standout star in the Bundesliga, by both profile and numbers.

Don't get me wrong, I like both.

Saying it's not working out for him here, or hasn't, and might not at all, is one thing.

But all of a sudden pretending as if he is some tin pot player is another ( Not necessarily just aimed at you )

Prior to Bailey coming here, myself, and a few others never thought there was a chance in hell we could get him. ( When we just scraped safety )

When he scored the goal against Everton he was the next coming of...

Truth probably somewhere in between the extremes, as always.

Fair enough but I think something just feels wrong about this whole arrangement and has done since day one. I just don’t get the feeling this is where he wants to be and it seems like the move was done for the wrong reasons (building his English profile? His family pushing him this way for one reason or another? It never felt like he was in control of this move). Pure speculation but I just don’t feel like it’s ever going to click. Kind of get a similar feeling with Ings that the fit just somehow isn’t right. 

• Like 1

Â