Tammy Abraham

nick76

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

281 mins including Wesley 15 mins and the rest Davis which 90 mins was Watkins suspended. Yeah that's a fair bit

You know right if Smith had another quality CF he would use that CF more than what he would Wesley and Davis. It's been well obvious for along time that he doesn't have confidence in Wesley or Davis and Smith certainly doesn't trust them to do a Job or he'd used them at a decent rate during games. Now I understand Wesley couldn't be used last season as he were out but I'm ready to put a bet that if we go with what we have in Watkins, Wesley and Davis that we see Watkins be played all season long till something happens to the lad and he's put out. It's not healthy playing a player all season long even if there genetics or fitness is top notch, Fatigue, Injurys and immune systems still take a beating you know.  Rotation needs to happen and that is where we went wrong abit last season and why we looked so fatigued and other teams didn't as they were using there rotations while we were not. Smith can't keep not using subs or using them that late because he knows some players just can't do shit if brought on. We all got so used to the fact we'd lost a game the moment Smith used Davis, so it makes absolute sense to sort the mess out of our backups. It's that bad i feel that I would rather Brad Young and Barry be brought in over Davis and Wesley, I feel they have a real chance of making an impact if we start giving them minutes instead of Wesley and Davis.

We should have a second quality back up to reason in case Watkins is put out but also for reasons that are tactical and to add randomness to our game. It's far to easy for team to plan for one striker than there is for two.

I can't help think that people who are saying no to another striker joining Villa are saying no without even thinking about everything that could or will happen.

I also do not get those and may I ask you a question kiwi please, were you one of those shouting for another creative player to be brought in so that we were not a one man creative player. It was obvious we needed more creativity running through us. This Watkins situation is a danger waiting to happen, so much a danger that if we can't score and Watkins may go through dry spells at least Tammy or another striker could be bought on. We will notgwt anywhere with Davis or Wesley and we do need better than them without a doubt.

Tammy if possible on a loan to buy makes so much sense that you'd have to have your head stuck in the sand to not see it'd be worth us pulling that move.

In my eyes there are a few options we could take:

1 we could loan to buy Tammy

2 we could chase down someone like Alvarez

3 we could use You and Barry

But by God we have to do something because relying on Wesley or Davis is so risky it's bound to mess our season up.

3 hours ago, Harry said:

I'd pony up the money for Tammy. He's a good lad with a great attitude.

Can anyone see Wesley scoring 15 goals this season?

£40m is however a tad optimistic as a price. I suspect Chelsea are keen to sell him to finance more marque signings so there may be a middle ground.

Not a chance in hell, it makes sense to bring in better options than the two backups that so far have failed to impress in friendly or remotely show anything of note.

There were players like our youth that showed more balls than those two, that were less expected to make there mark than Wesley and Davis but they did a job and made things happen.

Wesley and Davis on a notebook for the Chiefs is a blank page, but everyone else actually did something, even hourihane made a showing of himself.

12 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

You know right if Smith had another quality CF he would use that CF more than what he would Wesley and Davis. It's been well obvious for along time that he doesn't have confidence in Wesley or Davis and Smith certainly doesn't trust them to do a Job or he'd used them at a decent rate during games. Now I understand Wesley couldn't be used last season as he were out but I'm ready to put a bet that if we go with what we have in Watkins, Wesley and Davis that we see Watkins be played all season long till something happens to the lad and he's put out. It's not healthy playing a player all season long even if there genetics or fitness is top notch, Fatigue, Injurys and immune systems still take a beating you know.  Rotation needs to happen and that is where we went wrong abit last season and why we looked so fatigued and other teams didn't as they were using there rotations while we were not. Smith can't keep not using subs or using them that late because he knows some players just can't do shit if brought on. We all got so used to the fact we'd lost a game the moment Smith used Davis, so it makes absolute sense to sort the mess out of our backups. It's that bad i feel that I would rather Brad Young and Barry be brought in over Davis and Wesley, I feel they have a real chance of making an impact if we start giving them minutes instead of Wesley and Davis.

We should have a second quality back up to reason in case Watkins is put out but also for reasons that are tactical and to add randomness to our game. It's far to easy for team to plan for one striker than there is for two.

I can't help think that people who are saying no to another striker joining Villa are saying no without even thinking about everything that could or will happen.

I also do not get those and may I ask you a question kiwi please, were you one of those shouting for another creative player to be brought in so that we were not a one man creative player. It was obvious we needed more creativity running through us. This Watkins situation is a danger waiting to happen, so much a danger that if we can't score and Watkins may go through dry spells at least Tammy or another striker could be bought on. We will notgwt anywhere with Davis or Wesley and we do need better than them without a doubt.

Tammy if possible on a loan to buy makes so much sense that you'd have to have your head stuck in the sand to not see it'd be worth us pulling that move.

In my eyes there are a few options we could take:

1 we could loan to buy Tammy

2 we could chase down someone like Alvarez

3 we could use You and Barry

But by God we have to do something because relying on Wesley or Davis is so risky it's bound to mess our season up.

Would love to get Tammy on a year loan deal 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Could’ve done with a break at times, looked tired occasionally and had two long goal droughts though plus we couldn’t nick those goals against some of the poorer teams in the second half of the season.  Looking at the bench and seeing Davis there was a bit depressing when we needed some more quality upfront, no wonder Smith didn’t bother most of the time.

He could of done with a massive break, like you said Nick he looked burnt out and were to easy at times shut out of game because his battery's needed recharging.

You have two CFs close to eachother lime Tammy and Watkins then you end up with this competition between the two that keeps Smith thinking "damn they both have to play but only one can" so then he says something like " I have to quality strikers, Watkins can play against this selection of opponents and Abraham can play this lot of opponents". Smith may also see that it's worth looking at each other strengths and say " well Ollie can hold up the play better against Leicester because it's going to be a back and forth game" while "Abraham can play again Arsenal because there will be more play from the left of the wing where Tammy likes to run I out of the box and attack from". It really is down to choice and strengths when you have two quality choice CFs.

I just don't see the blindness from a couple of people round here, they don't listen, don't take anything in regarding this situation and don't look at what good it may do the squad if we had such a tactical advantage over opposition by having two CFs who can both vang goals in. 

I really dont get it one bit when they shout for quality extra players in every other position but it's like we can't get one extra quality striker, madness.

I mean it doesn't even have to be Tammy really does it Nick, but we need an upgrade over Wesley and Davis or we may as well bring in Young and Barry. Wesley and Davis will be ineffective next season and soon as they are people who said no to a Loan to buy deal on Tammy or Alvarez deal or Barry and Young jumping in and being given the chance will soon be complaining the moment something goes wrong in that department.

It's all a disaster waiting to happen and if we don't qualify or Villa ends up dropping tons of places because Wesley and Davis can't bloody score, then watch the uproar around here.

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Would love to get Tammy on a year loan deal 

See at least that is something and it's a much better option to Wesley and Davis.

We can't afford not do anything about it in case we go through a Grealish type situation and it will be just our luck that it will happen because we chose not to do anything about it when we had the chance to prepare during this window.

It's not even just about Watkins and if he gets put out for any reason it's a Logical move to make if there are enough reasons that make it worth having a quality second striker and there is.

16 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

They play in different positions, so it is hard to compare the two of them in my opinion. I feel that wherever Abraham ends up, he will score goals and that includes if he stays at Chelsea but it seems that Tuchel doesn’t fancy him for whatever reason

No they dont, its not Emi

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

If you had to put a sub on when a games at stale mate or you are chasing a game, would you rather

A. Put tammy on

B. Put wes on

C. Put Davis on

I'm pretty sure 75% would choose option A.

He won’t come here as a sub, he can stay at Chelsea and sit on the bench. I think he’s good enough to start for us 

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

If you had to put a sub on when a games at stale mate or you are chasing a game, would you rather

A. Put tammy on

B. Put wes on

C. Put Davis on

I'm pretty sure 75% would choose option A.

For the love of God mods, give us our GIFs back so I give this man one worthy of his post.

Thanks brummybloke it's good to see more with common sense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Surely it would also give us the option of playing 2 up top? I think i am correct in saying we only came from behind to win ONCE last season? So effectively if we go a goal down normally that's it? So maybe having the option of actually putting 2 top strikers on the pitch would help with this? Especially with Beundia's ability to play them in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

He won’t come here as a sub, he can stay at Chelsea and sit on the bench. I think he’s good enough to start for us 

I used that example to show the difference in quality of what we have to what we should have.

I cant see why tammy can't be the top of the line with ollie sat in the number 10 type position on occasions or starting tammy rather than ollie for some games. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What do you mean by this?

They were conparing Tammy with Martinez, you said played different positions. Both are strikers, though Lautaro much superior

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They were conparing Tammy with Martinez, you said played different positions. Both are strikers, though Lautaro much superior

I see now, I thought they meant Emiliano Martinez, my mistake. I haven’t seen Lautaro Martinez I don’t think, so I can’t assess him, why do you think that Lautaro Martinez is much better than Tammy Abraham?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he's good enough to start for us as well that is why there'd be nothing wrong in offering both Watkins and Tammy equall starts, equal subs and if they are both happy with that then it's fine. Like I said above doing just that give Smith options to change a game before it begins or during a game. We don't look like a one dimensional CF game having two capable CFs. It all just increases our tactical ability.

I also believe that both Watkins and Tammy despite similar they do have different approaches, different pros and cons to there game but would provide suitable competition to one and other. It makes sense to have that in house if they keep making Smith think that he can have the confidence and trust in two quality strikers that they will keep outing one and other, it would fill Smith with joy to have that kind of headache.

I just believe the way we use strikers we would use a second striker more if we had a quality second one. I think Smith will just struggle to have any confidence or trust in Wesley and Davis. Davis can't score and Davis maybe best being sold or at most seeing how he goes in a midfield type game before he's sold but Wesley must have smashed Smith confidence boat against rocks the other day doing what he did.

Before window shut I would like to see something happen, anything other than have Davis and Wesley behind Watkins. I would be down for a Loan to buy move for Tammy to test the waters and see if it turns out good for us and we will never know unless we try it. If we don't get Tammy there are other options such as Alvarez or another CF that's miles better than our current Backups Wesley and Davis but again something must happen. If we don't go with bringing anyone in then I'd like Young and Barry to be brought in for minutes mate, I do think soon as Wesley and Davis get there chance and can't score or put in a performance the fans will soon start shouting for Young and Barry.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I see now, I thought they meant Emiliano Martinez, my mistake. I haven’t seen Lautaro Martinez I don’t think, so I can’t assess him, why do you think that Lautaro Martinez is much better than Tammy Abraham?

Its not even a competition, he is the same age and superior in every level of the game. 

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Surely it would also give us the option of playing 2 up top? I think i am correct in saying we only came from behind to win ONCE last season? So effectively if we go a goal down normally that's it? So maybe having the option of actually putting 2 top strikers on the pitch would help with this? Especially with Beundia's ability to play them in.

Yes that game where we came from behind to win was when we actually changed it up right to accommodate a second striker if I'm not mistaken??

What you say is truth it gives us so much strategy having a second quality striker at the club. I am not sure the couple of people who don't want to make such a move are thinking, how they can't see what you or others see.

I just think Smith will have so much confidence to play someone like Tammy and make the sub sooner than so late in the game, that's what it's like when you have quality at your disposal. Where as if he had Wesley or Davis he'd just kill Watkins into the ground because it's better to have a burnt out Watkins on the pitch than it is a full fit Wesley or Davis. However you have Tammy at your disposal you are filled with delight because you know what he can do if Watkins is brought of or Vica Versa.

Part of Smith's reluctance to use subs has been because of the quality of players. Now that is getting much better each season but we still have weak links in the squad and unfortunately we have two CFs who are showing that they can't hang with Watkins. Best thing is do something about this as it's a disaster waiting to happen next season. As much as I hate to say it, Davis should of been sold a while ago and Wesley is a question mark I feel is not going to make it unless he goes out on loan and proves himself in the championship first.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Yeah someone got confused between our Martinez and Laurtaro Martinez, there are alot popping up lately lol.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its not even a competition, he is the same age and superior in every level of the game. 

He maybe but there is a big difference in price also.

28 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

I used that example to show the difference in quality of what we have to what we should have.

I cant see why tammy can't be the top of the line with ollie sat in the number 10 type position on occasions or starting tammy rather than ollie for some games. 

Clapping gif.

Clapping gif

Clapping gif

Â