Tammy Abraham

nick76

36 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

If you had to put a sub on when a games at stale mate or you are chasing a game, would you rather

A. Put tammy on

B. Put wes on

C. Put Davis on

I'm pretty sure 75% would choose option A.

of course id pick option A

but whether or not tammy is better than wes and davis isnt what 75% of people who dont see the need for this transfer to happen are saying...we have a limited budget, we need strengthening in a few positions, with FFP you can try and guess what is left, and then try and guess how much would be left if we signed tammy, and then guess what role tammy would have here should he sign (you said yourself putting a sub on...) and then deem the whole thing an unnecessary expense that would be better off going elsewhere

if we took the tammy money and spent it in central midfield then we would be a better team than we would be if we bought tammy

if we took the tammy money and spent it on leon bailey then we would be a better team than we would be if we bought tammy

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

if we took the tammy money and spent it in central midfield then we would be a better team than we would be if we bought tammy

No if you are talking not about the CAM/Winger role

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

if we took the tammy money and spent it on leon bailey then we would be a better team than we would be if we bought tammy

Yes

We need another CAM/Winger as priority 1 but then after that we need a quality striker...welcome Tammy!

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

but whether or not tammy is better than wes and davis isnt what 75% of people who dont see the need for this transfer to happen are saying...we have a limited budget, we need strengthening in a few positions, with FFP you can try and guess what is left, and then try and guess how much would be left if we signed tammy, and then guess what role tammy would have here should he sign (you said yourself putting a sub on...) and then deem the whole thing an unnecessary expense that would be better off going elsewhere

I get that funds are not unlimited due to restrictions, but we have 2 ineffective players using up 1 position in the 1st team squad. If either of them were half decent then it wouldn't be such a priority. 

I would suggest that makes a decent striker more of a priority than most positions.

All for improving the team all over but having just 1 competent player for such an important position does not make me feel comfortable.

We need to shift Connor, davis, el ghazi, potentially luiz if he doesn't sign a new contract and do some money shuffling with trez as he is not going to be playing for at least half the season.

Get wes out on loan 

That should free up wages and give us ffp money for 2 or 3 more signings so Bailey, tammy and an other can be done.

2 senior proper forwards with emergency support from our 2 youth forwards is far more potent than keeping davis and wes near the first team.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, nick76 said:

No if you are talking not about the CAM/Winger role

Yes

We need another CAM/Winger as priority 1 but then after that we need a quality striker...welcome Tammy!

CM is the most important piece left for me

we cant go in to another season with a potential midfield of luiz and mcginn, they're killing us 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

we cant go in to another season with a potential midfield of luiz and mcginn, they're killing us 

Partly agree, however, we didn't have a hard working fully functioning 3 infront of them barely at all last season, when we did we won convincingly. It could possibly work if EB is the 10 and we get in the right player on the right.

It's possibly worth waiting a window to see but and I would only pull the trigger for a significantly better player then our current 2, I'd spend big for a ready made.

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We have for the two spots McGinn, Luiz, Nakamba, Sanson and Ramsey…never mind the kids and Smith seems happy with them doesn’t he? I just don’t see him going for somebody unless we sell one or two and seems no activity on that at all.

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

We have for the two spots McGinn, Luiz, Nakamba, Sanson and Ramsey…never mind the kids and Smith seems happy with them doesn’t he? I just don’t see him going for somebody unless we sell one or two and seems no activity on that at all.

Possibly a loan move for Ramsey could lead to another midfield signing. The more I read about it, the more I think Will Hughes could be a good option for the reported £10m. Only just turned 26 and can play the deeper role in midfield. 

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Firstly, I think we can add Chukwuemeka to that list, so 6 players competing for 4 or 5 spots. That's a back up to whomever plays behind the striker, a box to box midfielder and back up, and a sitting, more defensive midfielder and back up. Alternatively, if we play 4-3-3 it is 2 deeper, defensive midfielders and 4 box to box midfielders. I think we are pretty much covered. Rather than buying someone new we need current players to improve their form. They all have the ability that we need. Maybe next summer we look to improve the middle of the park but it is not a serious issue right now. Bailey is a great step up, Alvarez would be nice too but only if we sell El Ghazi, and a back up, right footed centre back. That's all I think we need as we then have cover in all areas, an improved attack and with Traore, potentially Alvarez and Wesley, we even have cover for Watkins, should he not last the whole season uninjured or suspended.

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Barkley was killing us. Is 7 wins 2 draws 3 losses not good returns when Barkley was out of the team. It was so obvious he was causing problems being a lazy runner off the ball

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Tammy will never come if Jack goes @nick76

It’s my fear with a lot of quality players.  We will be loaded but no quality to spend it on.  Ahh well Jack is staying so welcome to Villa, Tammy!

On 29/07/2021 at 13:01, villa4europe said:

You don't know what our budget is, none of us do and as for the he 75 Percent that is abit much because I've seen about 4 people, 5 at most posting against Tammy coming to Villa on these forums.

You say we need strengthening in positions and go off as if we don't need to strengthen in that area also. No wonder it's a round about round here because the same people that call for strength in positions then go and say it's not needed in the CF position which is totally daft. Of course the CF position is weak, we have one ace player there and depth with quality is needed. We have Watkins, Wesley and Davis and two out of the 3 are no good to even scratch towards a European place, all were doing is Sniffing at a scent and we know what direction Europe lies in but we don't have all the tools to get us going. If we're to move towards trying to compete then this stupidness of not having another CF that's capable and is a quality player to compete or even start at times ahead of Watkins has to be squashed. 

There are options to take, various ones at that and it's like you guys who keep saying no to what everyone is saying when they tell you those options, well it's like they just float over your heads and you don't let it sink in.

What is wrong for a loan to buy for Tammy???

What is wrong with finding a cheaper option if Tammy does appear to be to expensive, someone like Alvarez who's younger by 3 years?????

What is wrong with selling Davis and moving Wesley on Loan and blooding in Young and Barry for minutes????

I tell you what, all three of those options above are much better than going with our current Backups Wesley and Davis, but to go with what we have, we certainly won't be getting a mid table finish..

Something has to be done in that department.

On 29/07/2021 at 13:01, villa4europe said:

The other big question is whether Tammy is better than Watkins. I'd say not so think 40m is too much for a squad player for a club in our position. 

36 minutes ago, Xela said:

Tammy will never come if Jack goes @nick76

Can you Guarantee that??

I find this is the level of daftness of Villa Talk.

People seem to be able to see the future, we must have alot of magicians around here for sure.

It's like the Jack thread and how everyone seems to know that he's going for sure, it's pure stupidness when there's no evidence but media crap.

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Can you Guarantee that??

People seem to be able to see the future, we must have alot of magicians around here for sure.

It's like the Jack thread and how everyone seems to know that he's going for sure, it's pure stupidness when there's no evidence but media crap.

It's called an opinion. Do you want me to preface every post with a 'IMO"?.

They're good mates, it wouldn't be a stretch to assume that the (potential) lure of moving from your home city of London would be that one of your pals, who happens to be one of the best players in the country, is here. If he's not, then I think that would make it massively more difficult, assuming we are in for him, which sadly, I don't think we are. 

If only guaranteed situations are posted about on here, the forum would be a quiet place. 

13 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Can you Guarantee that??

He nearly left in January transfer window until Jack persuaded him to stay

Â