Tammy Abraham

nick76

22 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I don’t count the kids. Personally, I don’t want Ramsey getting major game time again and I’d like the better ones (such as him) to go out on loan and to develop. Even Carney but he may me able to make an impact off the bench at times…

If we’re aiming for Europe, we need high quality and dependable players… I don’t think the kids qualify in that sense…

I think we’re obviously after another keeper, hopefully on a free.

We definitely need a CB.

I would like a DM or strong midfielder to help out… I’m worried about the midfield situation (as I’ve already explained, we only have a seemingly out of form McGinn and Nakamba available at present). The only midfielder with real defensive focus or strength is Nakamba atm, that’s concerning… Luiz won’t be available for a while and needs some from of rest/break, whether or not we rate him…

I really want us to win those first 3 games or so and make the best possible start, give us the impetus to kick on and make it a successful season…

I honestly don’t know if Dean wants a DM or even MF, there are conflicting reports. I see the need though…

We’re after a WF such as Bailey. I hope we get Alvarez too, an exciting and high potential talent that we can ease in and use as cover unless he turns out to be outstanding and we have to play him on that basis. Should be good cover for Watkins too.

Maybe we’re not after a CAM then and/or are going to put Jack or Emi there…

I don’t pay too much attention to the lines that we feed to the media but Purslow did say we won’t be doing too much business and possibly not spending too heavily, “key additions” was the main point if I recall correctly…

So

We spent £33m (rising to £38m) on Buendia

Young was free…

Hopefully, a backup GK will be free too…

CB is a tricky one, I don’t have many suggestions and doubt we will spend heavily. Kamara could cover both DM and CB and would be a smart signing. 

Let’s say, up to or around 10m on a new CB for now.

A proper DM would cost at least 20m I should think, probably more… it depends…

Bailey, let’s say 30 (hopefully)

Alvarez… 15-20?

Ok, so…

33 + 10 + 20 + 30 + 15 = 108

So that’s at least £108m (probably more)

That’s IF (huge if) this is the kind of business we do and positions we target…

If a player like JWP is being targetted, then that would be a huge additional or alternative fee…

I don’t think that leaves much, if any, left.

Personally, I’d be happy with this.

Add Tammy on loan and we’ve played a blinder but I’m doubtful…

Think Winona Ryder GIF by reactionseditor

Just now, nick76 said:

So all that and only 1 goalscorer?  Alvarez is a bit of a stretch to be that cover given settling in, language, environment, pace, style of game..it will take some time to bed in.  Hard to believe he’s Watkins cover.  

Just feels you’ve brought all the parts of the top notch gun ready for a gun fight but only have one bullet! Sometimes one bullet is enough, sometimes it isn’t.  Feels like you are setting up the team and then risking it all only having one goalscorer available.  Just too risky in my eyes but I respect your view, just think you’re mad 😂👊🏻

🤣 it’s all opinions mate, none of us really have a clue do we? 🤣

I’m still not writing off Wes…

Keinan can do one… 🤭😅

Young and Barry waiting in the wings if needed but I hope not… (better options than Keinan anyway if we are after goals).

I also included the option of adding Tammy on loan, if that’s possible.

Alvarez could be great and Bailey can cover at CF if required…

You keep saying you’re concerned about Alvarez and whether he’ll settle etc but we’ve also suffered from British based or English players who’ve ended up becoming completes wastes of space for us… I’d trust our scouting and management team to make the correct judgement call. Plus we have the two Emi’s and also even Doug and Wes to help Julian settle in… 

There are foreign players that have made an excellent impact, it’s not a given that he’ll struggle…

I just think it’s best to have different sources for goals and we will with the quality we will have around Ollie, the midfielders need to chip in occasionally too. Jack, Buendia, Bailey, Traore… these guys will get goals. Sanson and McGinn should too. If we get Alvarez, he can also contribute…

El Ghazi too but I would be on board with selling him with his value as high as it could probably go… recoup some funds there…

I’d prefer a team that can score goals from all over rather than one that fully relies and focusses on that CF. Ollie is not your typical CF either and can get involved in play and grab the odd assist too…

5 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Option to buy at price X, yep, that’s great.

Obligation to buy at price X, no thanks.

Assuming X is £30m/35m+ (which I feel it would be).

I’d rather see Villa ultimately pay extra than they could have done, but feel like what they’re getting is a safer bet following a good loan deal, kinda like they did with Mings.

Your supposed to put numbers there not X's 😂, only kidding.

I think that is the problem with some that they don't know if Tammy would work a second time, that he'd cost a fair bit also but a Loan to buy kind of puts a safety net down.

Don't see why we couldn't do a Loan to buy since JT has nipped off to Chelsea a few times now and somehow had a word with people there (not sure how influential he is). Surely if Chelsea are looking to sell and that we've had loans with them already that they would be in agreement to make something work if they want rid of Tammy now.

Edited by Dave-R

Nick and Jas let's create accounts over at the City forum and go take the piss over there, we should all go as the Cult of Grealish and speak alot of Tammy alao 😂

17 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Nick and Jas let's create accounts over at the City forum and go take the piss over there, we should all go as the Cult of Grealish and speak alot of Tammy alao 😂

I would but I’m the biggest jinx in the world, if I did that I know it’d come back and bite me in the butt and that 0.001% of Jack leaving would happen and it’d be all my fault.  After realising the world revolves around me from an early age, despite my family and friends not agreeing, I don’t want to take the risk 😜😂

• Haha 2

Tammy Abraham to join Villa before the window is up, let's go Villa Chiefs on a Loan to buy deal, make this happen along with buying Bailey.

I do not know how this makes sense if true:

Arsenal are apparently going for 80 mill rated Laurtaro Martinez because Chelsea slapped a 40illion price tag on Tammy Abraham.

Sure Arteta go for a striker that's double the price of the one you were after but didn't like the price of 😂.

19 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Arsenal are apparently going for 80 mill rated Laurtaro Martinez because Chelsea slapped a 40illion price tag on Tammy Abraham.

Sure Arteta go for a striker that's double the price of the one you were after but didn't like the price of 😂.

Firstly, Martinez isn’t going to Arsenal. Secondly, of course you can decide that Abraham isn’t worth £40m, yet Martinez is worth £80m. They’re different level of quality. 

5 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Firstly, Martinez isn’t going to Arsenal. Secondly, of course you can decide that Abraham isn’t worth £40m, yet Martinez is worth £80m. They’re different level of quality. 

They play in different positions, so it is hard to compare the two of them in my opinion. I feel that wherever Abraham ends up, he will score goals and that includes if he stays at Chelsea but it seems that Tuchel doesn’t fancy him for whatever reason

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Knowing Arsenal they are probably thinking they are buying their goalkeeper back.  Bunch of idiots probably don’t the difference between L.Martinez and E.Martinez 😂

Probably moved onto Martinez because they saw Abraham was sold today.  Didn’t realise it was Timmy and not Tammy 😂

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rich192 said:

The logic in the move to not go for a 40 million player because you want to save some coin but then all of a sudden decide you want an 80 mill player it's what's mad.

You don't know Martinez is not going there or has some proof actually come out in the media for once that make the move not likely to happen?

39 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

The logic in the move to not go for a 40 million player because you want to save some coin but then all of a sudden decide you want an 80 mill player it's what's mad.

You don't know Martinez is not going there or has some proof actually come out in the media for once that make the move not likely to happen?

Inter are my second team (my missus supports them), so I know Martinez well. He’s not leaving the Serie A champions to go a team that hasn’t qualified for the Champions League for years, even if Inter have got money problems. 

• Like 1

I'd pony up the money for Tammy. He's a good lad with a great attitude.

Can anyone see Wesley scoring 15 goals this season?

£40m is however a tad optimistic as a price. I suspect Chelsea are keen to sell him to finance more marque signings so there may be a middle ground.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

No because Watkins will start every game he's fit and we don't play 2 striker formations 

We last season used two strikers a fair bit, just because they don't start doesn't meantwo strikers quality wouldn't be a welcome addition.

There are tons of reason listed throughout this thread to support whyhaving two quality strikers would be a welcomed site Kiwi.

I don't see why people are so against it if the Owners are willing to do it, it's like you guys are questioning the leadership if they made that choice to bring a second quality striker in.

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

281 mins including Wesley 15 mins and the rest Davis which 90 mins was Watkins suspended. Yeah that's a fair bit

Could’ve done with a break at times, looked tired occasionally and had two long goal droughts though plus we couldn’t nick those goals against some of the poorer teams in the second half of the season.  Looking at the bench and seeing Davis there was a bit depressing when we needed some more quality upfront, no wonder Smith didn’t bother most of the time.

• Like 1

Â