Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That's a great return for your TC. That's more than I've ever got for my TC. Literally ever

For clarity @Genie he would have scored 2 points for playing 60+ minutes, 4 points for each goal (Strikers get 4 for a goal, midfielders get 5), and the 3 bonus points. 2+4+4+3 = 13

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Price rises mean I've already made my transfers for next gameweek.

Bruno and Scarlett out, Gallagher and Lukaku in

This has turned out to be a huge mistake. DCL out until October and my team is very weak without him and Antonio next week. 

I could have gone DCL to Lukaku very easily if I hadn’t done that. This may force me into a wildcard

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

This has turned out to be a huge mistake. DCL out until October and my team is very weak without him and Antonio next week. 

I could have gone DCL to Lukaku very easily if I hadn’t done that. This may force me into a wildcard

I'd take a hit rather than wildcard. Unless your plan was to week 7 wildcard anyway, in which case yeah just bring it forward a bit. I'm coming off Antonio this week because West Ham have a load of non Premier League games coming up and I think there's a few other similarly priced strikers looking more appealing.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I'd take a hit rather than wildcard. Unless your plan was to week 7 wildcard anyway, in which case yeah just bring it forward a bit. I'm coming off Antonio this week because West Ham have a load of non Premier League games coming up and I think there's a few other similarly priced strikers looking more appealing.

My original plan was Week 7 wildcard but I'd managed to find a route to avoiding that. But these setbacks means that probably isn't practical anymore. 

I've already taken a -4 this week (I know, before the gameweek even finished!) so another hit to get DCL out would be -8. Thinking a wildcard would address some other fires anyway and would probably make more sense

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I did the same...Toney out instead of DCL. I never transfer early either but I was looking to be on the wrong end of price changes. I've had probably my worst start to the season ever, but still trying to hold on to my wildcard for early December. Maybe Ronaldo will be fixture proof, but his record against the weaker sides is of course much better. He will naturally get five hat tricks in the next 10 GWs though.

2 hours ago, a-k said:

I did the same...Toney out instead of DCL. I never transfer early either but I was looking to be on the wrong end of price changes. I've had probably my worst start to the season ever, but still trying to hold on to my wildcard for early December. Maybe Ronaldo will be fixture proof, but his record against the weaker sides is of course much better. He will naturally get five hat tricks in the next 10 GWs though.

I'm going for Lukaku over Ronaldo. I think it would be too unbalanced to have both and I think there's a very good chance Lukaku outscores Ronaldo over the next 6-8 weeks.

Of course having ROnaldo now and then moving to Lukaku in GW7 is probably the best solution

I've got Salah, Lukaku and Ronaldo (and TAA, Shaw, Antonio, Torres). Rest of my squad is naff though.

Tbh I only have all 3 because I played my wildcard and forgot to finalise my team and settle on 2 of them on Saturday morning.

I'll probably have to spend 4 this week to shift Antonio and rebalance my team a bit.

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm going for Lukaku over Ronaldo. I think it would be too unbalanced to have both and I think there's a very good chance Lukaku outscores Ronaldo over the next 6-8 weeks.

Of course having ROnaldo now and then moving to Lukaku in GW7 is probably the best solution

That's my plan, but I'm sure a curveball will be thrown at me

Wildcard is active. Fairly settled on what I've got

Sanchez, Meslier

Trent, Shaw, James, Duffy, Livramento

Salah, Jota, Raphinha, Gallagher, Sissoko

Lukaku, Bamford, Antonio

My only big decision is whether to go for someone instead of Antonio, with the contingency of going back to Antonio in GW7 (I'm planning to go Jota to Mount which would free up some cash). I just can't bear losing the value I've got in Antonio

• Like 1

Just now, BOF said:

If you think there are better options why would you cling on to what is effectively 0.2 ?

Because I'm an accountant :)

And I'm not sure the options are better. I was going to go with Jimenez or Watkins, which are both punts. Our fixtures aren't great and Jimenez' stats aren't great despite their good fixtures.
It's really just pouncing on this coming week because Antonio is suspended. So I'd be losing 0.2 for a 2 week punt

I guess the upside is huge. Having a fairly low owned Jimenez and very low owned Watkins if they deliver would be very profitable

• Like 1

I'm a bit of maverick. I used my wildcard GW3 and I am using my free hit this weekend! I've listened to a couple of FPL people on YouTube and feel like I need to break away from what they say because if everyone does the same, it will be boring.

Currently have 300 points which is great as I'm usually chasing and going for someone who I goes on a streak.

I have put 2 Man City players in my team (Cancelo and Torres), but I am now worried that they will be rotated as they played yesterday and Pep will play Walker and one other intstead.

Â