Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

2 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

I'm surprised how many wildcards still have Shaw. I want rid asap and will bring him back when I wildcard around GW 14. I'll be taking him out for a Wolves defender if I get the chance, few other issues to fix first though for me.

Yeah, Utd aren't keeping clean sheets and their schedule sucks short term. 

On 11/09/2021 at 21:56, Troglodyte said:

Absolute shocker this weekend for me. Was waiting until this morning to change my team but some family stuff came up and I missed it. Was potentially going to wildcard too - had a plan for Ronaldo and Lukaku in and would have captained the latter. 

Instead I have neither of those guys, subs in the wrong order, and Antonio as my captain... a great move in the last GW but not one I intended this, then the clearing in the woods goes and gets sent off!

Sorry for being a bit late to this, but one thing I always do is after the final game of the week is have my team ready in case of any emergencies so will sort out bench order, captain and vice captain. It's known as having a 'bus' team.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jono62 said:

Sorry for being a bit late to this, but one thing I always do is after the final game of the week is have my team ready in case of any emergencies so will sort out bench order, captain and vice captain. It's known as having a 'bus' team.

Yup, learnt this the hard way!

20 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

I'm surprised how many wildcards still have Shaw. I want rid asap and will bring him back when I wildcard around GW 14. I'll be taking him out for a Wolves defender if I get the chance, few other issues to fix first though for me.

Funny you should say that as I spent most of yesterday thinking I should be getting rid of Shaw. I really only have him anyway because I hate him :D

Just don't know if I trust Wolves enough to go for one of their players

18 hours ago, Jono62 said:

I'm a bit of maverick. I used my wildcard GW3 and I am using my free hit this weekend! I've listened to a couple of FPL people on YouTube and feel like I need to break away from what they say because if everyone does the same, it will be boring.

Currently have 300 points which is great as I'm usually chasing and going for someone who I goes on a streak.

I have put 2 Man City players in my team (Cancelo and Torres), but I am now worried that they will be rotated as they played yesterday and Pep will play Walker and one other intstead.

I reckon Torres will be ok but Cancelo is always a nervous wait for the team sheet.

Usually the people on FPL YouTube are on their because they do well. I personally can't see the advantage in playing your free hit so early

On 16/09/2021 at 12:53, Jono62 said:

I have put 2 Man City players in my team but I am now worried that they will be rotated

That's just known as owning Man City players :P

• Haha 1

I've taken a hit. The news that Buendia won't be in the country until tomorrow at which point he will be assessed has nudged me towards getting rid. So Raphinha comes in a week early alongside Bamford. Gotta chase that Newcastle game :)

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Funny you should say that as I spent most of yesterday thinking I should be getting rid of Shaw. I really only have him anyway because I hate him :D

Just don't know if I trust Wolves enough to go for one of their players

Yeh I don't love the Wolves option but its a nice cheap 4.5m (ish) set and forget for 5-6 weeks with their fixtures. 

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I've taken a hit. The news that Buendia won't be in the country until tomorrow at which point he will be assessed has nudged me towards getting rid. So Raphinha comes in a week early alongside Bamford. Gotta chase that Newcastle game :)

Bamford and Raphinha were my 2 transfers this week. Ditched my West Ham players for them. 

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

And Raph is now a doubt. Joy.

Hoping it's nonsense as also seeing people say he travelled with the squad. 

Bamford injury rumours a few days ago. 

Even if he is out, if it's just one game I can (be upset) but live with it. 

4 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Yeh I don't love the Wolves option but its a nice cheap 4.5m (ish) set and forget for 5-6 weeks with their fixtures. 

I kept him in the end but will swap him for Rudiger going into GW7

I also did Benrahma to Raph. Benched Coufal and played Gilmour on the off chance he pops up with a return. Too many clashes with that West Ham v Utd game so all hammers not in my 11.

Captain Salah. Praying Torres starts for City but that is also a risk. Torres, Coufal, Shaw, Amartey, Toney all need to go in my team but won't use a WC because they are very much fringe players and I don't need to change the core.

6 hours ago, BOF said:

So far, so good. 

Yeah last night went well. But concerned by Leeds’ defence. It’s not great anyway and injuries means it looks ropey. But I have an easy way out of Meslier if I need it. 

Last night put me into the top 100k. I’m sure I won’t be there by the end of the weekend but it’s nice to see

Â