Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

Rubbish week, 70k red arrow. 4 of my last 5 GW's have been red arrows, bit of a rough start. 

I had ESR switching in and out of my team all week, so of course I benched him when he finally hauled. Just gonna get through this week and then I think I'll likely WC after the international break. 

I've dropped again. Down to 250k now. Desperately needing to gut my team as it's been decimated by injuries and non starters. Think I only had 8 players this week. Wanting to hold out another week or so before wildcarding though. 

8 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I've dropped again. Down to 250k now. Desperately needing to gut my team as it's been decimated by injuries and non starters. Think I only had 8 players this week. Wanting to hold out another week or so before wildcarding though. 

You had 9 (Shaw the fat lump was a playing zero and Sanchez plays) and in fairness you were unlucky with Trincao. You're probably in decent nick for next week.

25 minutes ago, BOF said:

You had 9 (Shaw the fat lump was a playing zero and Sanchez plays) and in fairness you were unlucky with Trincao. You're probably in decent nick for next week.

Poetic licence (and also couldn't be bothered to actually double check) as I had also lost Ayling and Gilmour off my bench so didn't even get a 1 or 2 from them. 

Torres also blanked the week before and only had 63 mins before that. I'm used to Pep Roulette but that one hurts. 

Edited by Rds1983

Smith-Rowe and Veltman saved my week, and a small red arrow to 106k. Can't decide if I'm wildcarding this week, would be nice to keep hold of it, but the squad is looking thin. Shaw is definitely going out either way.

Just now, Eak94 said:

Smith-Rowe and Veltman saved my week, and a small red arrow to 106k. Can't decide if I'm wildcarding this week, would be nice to keep hold of it, but the squad is looking thin. Shaw is definitely going out either way.

I transferred Shaw out about a minute after he came off on Saturday.

I'm so annoyed with myself that I kept him on my Wildcard instead of swapping him for Rudiger which was my original plan. I literally only kept him because I was convinced Utd would beat us comfortably. 0 **** points.

That decision alone has cost me 15 odd points, which at this stage would probably put me 100k places higher

There seems to be a spate of hacking incidents in FPL land at the moment. Lots of people on Twitter complaining that their teams have been hacked, extra transfers made and teams deleted etc.

Might be worth double checking that your passwords are strong and changing them if not

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There seems to be a spate of hacking incidents in FPL land at the moment. Lots of people on Twitter complaining that their teams have been hacked, extra transfers made and teams deleted etc.

Might be worth double checking that your passwords are strong and changing them if not

I've just done it. My FPL account was so old it was probably a weaker password. Although I think the hacks have been happening to people using particular 3rd party apps on their phones. Rather safe than sorry though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

I've just done it. My FPL account was so old it was probably a weaker password. Although I think the hacks have been happening to people using particular 3rd party apps on their phones. Rather safe than sorry though.

Yeah i changed mine last year to something far stronger than my old one, which like you I'd had for years.

They really need to bring in 2FA though. I know it seems trivial to a lot of people but players have invested years into this game and to lose it all would be devastating for a lot of players

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

if you have the power to do that, why not do something that actually benefits you in some way? seems odd that you have the power to crack passwords and you use that power to sabotage FPL teams....

Â