Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

Was up to 94k after the Leeds game, highest I’ve been in recent memory! Had a poor day yesterday though (Sá in goal got the day off to a bad start) and have managed to salvage 61 with Ronaldo, Benrahma and Christensen today. 146k now which I’m very happy with for the moment!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tomav84 said:

in the top 100k overall...doesn't sound too impressive but has to be my best ever start to a FPL season!

It does y'know. Well done, and you've a very good squad there.

• Thanks 1

Genuinely thinking the Mike Dean show makes Ronaldo a better captaincy option this week. You know he'll want to rim Christy so he'll go along with all the diving.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah this game against us was the main reason I wanted Ronaldo. Didn't go for it in the end but will make this game even harder to watch when he inevitably scores from a very dodgy penalty which is actually a foul on a Villa player that completely changes the game. 

FTFY. 

• Like 1

A Man Utd mate of mine says United hardly get penalties since Klopp pointed out back in February the amount of penalties United were getting at the time. The stats do bear that out, but I tried to bet him they'll get a penalty this weekend. He didn't take the bet :)

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I'll certainly be captaining Ronaldo, worked with Lukaku.  It does seem the big gun players always seem to have a field day against us.

Why is it always us that tops these lists? 

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Why is it always us that tops these lists? 

In our defence, only 3 of the teams in that list have been in the Prem longer than we have. So we tend to be available to score against :)

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

In our defence, only 3 of the teams in that list have been in the Prem longer than we have. So we tend to be available to score against :)

On the plus side we've also managed to stop him scoring against us for the last 12 odd years. 

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

On the plus side we've also managed to stop him scoring against us for the last 12 odd years. 

I see what you were trying to do there, but I don't think we had any part in this 😉

For what it's worth, I've had a shocking start to my season, so might as well give Ronaldo the kiss of death aka my armband, which just means Bruno will hit us for four instead.

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

45 of the top 50 in the world have used at least 1 chip and 29 of them have used more than 1.

Interesting. Be hard for them to stay at that level. Assuming it's mainly the WC that's been used? 

As week 7 gets closer I'm looking at the possibility of maybe not using the WC for it. I think if I do use it I'm more likely to go at week 8 now instead. Apart from the fact it gives me the international break, it brings Man City's fixtures (BUR bri CRY) into play, and to a lesser extent Villa (WOL ars WES sou BRI cry) and Southampton (LEE BUR wat AST nor) too. I can cover Chelsea's week 7 with a double FT. But the closer I get to swapping Ronaldo for Lukaku, the more nervous I am about the switch :)

26 minutes ago, BOF said:

As week 7 gets closer I'm looking at the possibility of maybe not using the WC for it. I think if I do use it I'm more likely to go at week 8 now instead. Apart from the fact it gives me the international break, it brings Man City's fixtures (BUR bri CRY) into play, and to a lesser extent Villa (WOL ars WES sou BRI cry) and Southampton (LEE BUR wat AST nor) too. I can cover Chelsea's week 7 with a double FT. But the closer I get to swapping Ronaldo for Lukaku, the more nervous I am about the switch :)

This was exactly my plan. As in to save my wildcard and use my FTs plus one -4 to prepare my team for the GW7 swing.

But the DCL injury and Antonio suspension etc hampered that. Pulled the trigger last week instead. had 5 or 6 transfers I really wanted to make so went for it.

And if I'd got rid of that fat word removed Shaw for Rudiger like I was planning to and didn't decide to keep Shaw at the last minute it would have been worth it!

1 hour ago, BOF said:

The international break is going to be an interesting one. Always throws up the odd injury but I'm curious how many players are going to travel and if a lot will stay at their clubs or not. 

I usually try to plan several weeks ahead but this season just seems more crazy than usual with injuries or new transfers and I'm struggling not to rip up my plans. 

Â