Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

Captained Bruno twice in a row now and both times the sabretoothed diving word removed blanks while picking up yellows. Of course he will have another 20 pointer as soon as I drop him.

Decent points from AWB and Greenwood  bumped me up to 51, not great but it’ll do after I thought it would be a lot worse. 

I’m almost certain I’m bringing Ronaldo in once the break is over. 

There's a lot of luck involved. That goes without saying.  However, there is a nice feeling when the choices you made and the bit of homework you did actually pays off.  I've no illusions that I'll finish anywhere near where I am now but if I can just keep the ship steady then I know statistically I've given myself a good chance of a strong season.  Watch it fall to pot now.  The next few weeks are the first opportunity for it all to go horribly wrong :) Then if that doesn't do it, the wildcard definitely will.

I have 2 FTs going into the international break. Buendia is definitely gone. Ings may well be too, although I don't mind holding him if something more pressing comes up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

There's a lot of luck involved. That goes without saying.  However, there is a nice feeling when the choices you made and the bit of homework you did actually pays off.  I've no illusions that I'll finish anywhere near where I am now but if I can just keep the ship steady then I know statistically I've given myself a good chance of a strong season.  Watch it fall to pot now.  The next few weeks are the first opportunity for it all to go horribly wrong :) Then if that doesn't do it, the wildcard definitely will.

I have 2 FTs going into the international break. Buendia is definitely gone. Ings may well be too, although I don't mind holding him if something more pressing comes up.

Yeah I know what you mean. This week I swapped Ings for DCL which everyone was laughing at me for. Ings’ underlying stats are poor and DCL’s are amazing. With our fixtures coming up and price rises it made sense to me and it paid off. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I know what you mean. This week I swapped Ings for DCL which everyone was laughing at me for. Ings’ underlying stats are poor and DCL’s are amazing. With our fixtures coming up and price rises it made sense to me and it paid off. 

Who was laughing at you for that, considering our fixture list and that DCL is on pens, while Ings isn't always. FWIW I have both in my squad and probably will be keeping both, even if Ings drops a bit in price. I think Everton and United aren't foolproof at the back and I need to fix my squad elsewhere.

46 minutes ago, a-k said:

Who was laughing at you for that, considering our fixture list and that DCL is on pens, while Ings isn't always. FWIW I have both in my squad and probably will be keeping both, even if Ings drops a bit in price. I think Everton and United aren't foolproof at the back and I need to fix my squad elsewhere.

Plenty of people (twitter and my mini league) were questioning why I’d get rid of Ings before we played Brentford at home 

16 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Plenty of people (twitter and my mini league) were questioning why I’d get rid of Ings before we played Brentford at home 

good shout in hindsight. i captained ings...really fancied us to put a few past them

25 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

good shout in hindsight. i captained ings...really fancied us to put a few past them

We're not creating anything. Ings' non penalty xG before last weekend was 0.1.

I'd have liked to keep him for the Brentford game but the price changes pushed me into the change with DCL. with our upcoming fixtures i don't think Ings will be worth it. If I still had him he'd be the one I'd sacrifice to get ROnaldo in without question

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We're not creating anything. Ings' non penalty xG before last weekend was 0.1.

I'd have liked to keep him for the Brentford game but the price changes pushed me into the change with DCL. with our upcoming fixtures i don't think Ings will be worth it. If I still had him he'd be the one I'd sacrifice to get ROnaldo in without question

i'm on the fence regarding ronaldo. something's niggling at me that he's not going to be worth selecting. i want to have salah, bruno and lukaku in my team. depending on how much CR is i doubt there's room for him

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's a lot but I think you're very brave if you don't go for him. He has the potential to be ridiculously good in FPL

I just think based solely on fixture lists, Lukaku might be the better option, at least short-term. But I've played horribly through the first 3 GWs, so maybe do the opposite of what I do 😆

56 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Ronaldo announced at 12.5m. That's almost as much as Utd paid in the real world. 

I think he'll be worth it but it is a lot for a 36 year old. 

lot of money that...was expecting cheaper to be honest

You have to think Ronaldo will play 90 mins in every Champions League game, barely any domestic cups and majority of PL games.

The sheer amount of Utd forward options makes me worry he'll be rotated a bit, but that's not something I can see Ole having the stones to do.

Plugging it in as an experiment:

GK

Sanchez - 4.5

Steer - 4.0

DF

Coady - 4.5

James - 5.5

White - 4.4

Llorente - 4.5

Veltman - 4.4

MF

Salah - 12.5

Bruno - 12

Dougie - 4.5

Bissouma - 4.6

Romeu - 4.5

FW

Lukaku - 11.5

Ronaldo - 12.5

Pukki - 5.9

with 0.2m change. it's possible using players that play regularly. problem is that the cheap midfielders (defensive) + pukki are not going to get many points

Â