Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

I think his minutes will be managed (he's 36 so they'll need to be) but he will start the majority of games, especially the important ones. 

He has outscored Lukaku in Serie A and the Euro's and will likely be on penalties, which Utd get a lot of. 

Ultimately though I think he's must own just to actually own him. It's only a game after all and to not own one of the best ever players to be available on it seems daft. Like playing Mario Kart and never using Mario (got to be a better /more relevant analogy). 

Short term I am leaning towards Lukaku. He plays us without Emi in goal and doubts as to starting CBs. Chelsea are in great form and he's already up to speed whereas Ronaldo might need a few games to get match fit. Utd are playing Newcastle though. 

I think I'm leaning towards upside chasing this season as there's so many premium players available and I'll jump on and off them to suit the fixtures. 

31 minutes ago, a-k said:

I just think based solely on fixture lists, Lukaku might be the better option, at least short-term. But I've played horribly through the first 3 GWs, so maybe do the opposite of what I do 😆

As above I'll be getting Ronaldo now, I think, and then swapping with Lukaku in my wildcard based on what happens between now and then

And to repeat what I said earlier, this is definitely a perfect opportunity to make a balls of everything :lol: We know Ole is a fanny though, so Ronnie will be immediately on penalties and will play every possible game. Even if you're not jumping onto Ronnie you should probably be jumping off Bruno.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BOF said:

And to repeat what I said earlier, this is definitely a perfect opportunity to make a balls of everything :lol: We know Ole is a fanny though, so Ronnie will be immediately on penalties and will play every possible game. Even if you're not jumping onto Ronnie you should probably be jumping off Bruno.

The fact he's gone to Utd and not to City makes it far far easier to jump off Bruno as a way of getting him in.

My big thing is which forward do sacrifice. DCL or Antonio?

• Like 1

I'll see how things are shaping up closer to the next game week, but right now with Martinez, Buendia and Bruno in the side, and wanting to get Lukaku and Ronaldo in, I think it might be wildcard time.

17 hours ago, BOF said:

this i'm not sure i agree with. it would be a very bold move from ole to take bruno off pens for no reason and i'm not 100% sure he'd do it

28 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

this i'm not sure i agree with. it would be a very bold move from ole to take bruno off pens for no reason and i'm not 100% sure he'd do it

No-one can be 100% sure, but IMO Ole is a fanny and it'll be the Ronnie show. Ronnie also takes them for Portugal even though Bruno is statistically the better penalty taker.

29 minutes ago, BOF said:

No-one can be 100% sure, but IMO Ole is a fanny and it'll be the Ronnie show. Ronnie also takes them for Portugal even though Bruno is statistically the better penalty taker.

it's definitely an interesting debate. i'm sure the discussion would have already happened and the players already know who's taking them. ole will probably be asked the question by the media at some point

but lets not pretend that bruno is just a pen merchant. he'll still have a big role to play IMO

23 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

it's definitely an interesting debate. i'm sure the discussion would have already happened and the players already know who's taking them. ole will probably be asked the question by the media at some point

but lets not pretend that bruno is just a pen merchant. he'll still have a big role to play IMO

He'll have a big role to play for United, but he is statistically a 50% pen merchant from an FPL point of view, so if Ronnie does get pens then straight away your £12 million midfield asset will have lost half his goals.

I'm waiting to see if anything pops up in interviews over the international break that suggests whether Ronaldo will indeed take pens off Bruno. If so, I'll make that trade - will mean taking a hit on points though to shift a striker out, but I've still got Ings and he needs to go before the forthcoming games anyway so I can at least sort that at the same time.

Annoyingly I used my two transfers last week, one to get Tsimikas out and then I thought I'd swap Buendía for Benrahma... that first call was fine but the latter was a disaster!

18 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

I'm waiting to see if anything pops up in interviews over the international break that suggests whether Ronaldo will indeed take pens off Bruno. If so, I'll make that trade - will mean taking a hit on points though to shift a striker out, but I've still got Ings and he needs to go before the forthcoming games anyway so I can at least sort that at the same time.

Annoyingly I used my two transfers last week, one to get Tsimikas out and then I thought I'd swap Buendía for Benrahma... that first call was fine but the latter was a disaster!

i think i'm going to have them both either way. want to put lukaku in too so it's wildcard time for me

Just now, Genie said:

Ronaldo in and triple captained , watch him stay on the bench now.

Brave on the triple captain you headcase :lol: He only gets out of quarantine 3 days before the match, although with him that might just make him more determined and rested. Ole is the key.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

Brave on the triple captain you headcase :lol: He only gets out of quarantine 3 days before the match, although with him that might just make him more determined and rested. Ole is the key.

I know, I don’t take it very seriously, just thought the headlines couple be written for him to score at least one and be the hero (again).

Hell no doubt be training hard wherever he is to make an immediate impact.

Edited by Genie

Â