Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

1 hour ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Kilman benched, Raphinha out with COVID.

I'm already down to 9 players and the first game hasn't even kicked off ffs.

Just read that Ramsdale sat out of training as well. Sort of feel like I should've used the FH already.

I forgot to change my team and have somehow ended up with Ramsey as captain. 

1 hour ago, a-k said:

I didn't forget to change my team I have Jimenez (C) for a -4

I transferred him in last week on a - 4. After games against Everton and Leeds he's still costing me 4 points. 

Painful captain choice bud. 

5 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I transferred him in last week on a - 4. After games against Everton and Leeds he's still costing me 4 points. 

Painful captain choice bud. 

FPL should have trolled PGMOL by giving him 3 bonus points for that ridiculous sending off

After having -3 on Friday night (captain Jimenez of course), ended up with a respectable 65. Only Villa & Wolves players let me  down. 

Not a bad use of the Free Hit given I wasn’t going to be able to get 11 players without transfers.

Rushed through a free hit at 6:25 on Friday evening with little to no thought (I put Ramsdale in 🙃) but it delivered me 80 points so I'm pleased. Things have gone quite good since my 26 WC, boosted myself up to 183k however I have now used all my chips. In a way I'm sort of glad they're all done and I don't have to think about any of them, it will probably backfire in the remaining doubles and whatnot but whatever.  Can just ride the last few weeks of the season out now and try to keep my rank respectable. 

KjpOl0y.png

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Rushed through a free hit at 6:25 on Friday evening with little to no thought (I put Ramsdale in 🙃) but it delivered me 80 points so I'm pleased. Things have gone quite good since my 26 WC, boosted myself up to 183k however I have now used all my chips. In a way I'm sort of glad they're all done and I don't have to think about any of them, it will probably backfire in the remaining doubles and whatnot but whatever.  Can just ride the last few weeks of the season out now and try to keep my rank respectable. 

KjpOl0y.png

I think GW33 and 36 will be the key gameweeks where not having a chip may make things difficult. Both will end up being big doubles.

My suggestion would be to seek out the details of GW36 (they're out there in at least "best guess" form) and use your remaining free transfers to build a good team for that week. That should minimise the damage of not having a chip

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Need to work out when to WC. 

The FA Cup results yesterday have given us some good information about which teams will double and when, so this International Break is probably as good a time as any, imo

6 hours ago, a-k said:

Ended up with 10 points and a near 250k red arrow. That's probably me done in my mini-leagues.

24 points and a 60k red arrow for me. Not been a great few weeks but hopefully people are starting to run out of WCs, BBs and FHs which have been killers. Plan to use mine around the upcoming big doubles to try and catch up again. 

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The FA Cup results yesterday have given us some good information about which teams will double and when, so this International Break is probably as good a time as any, imo

I've got free hit, BB and WC still to play.

Ideally I want to tie the WC into a huge BB and it seems better to do it GW36 and that would mean I'd free hit GW33. It doesn't look like any additional games are going to be put in before that. Without that free hit getting me through I'd have to WC now, that might give me some room to hold off.

38 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I've got free hit, BB and WC still to play.

Ideally I want to tie the WC into a huge BB and it seems better to do it GW36 and that would mean I'd free hit GW33. It doesn't look like any additional games are going to be put in before that. Without that free hit getting me through I'd have to WC now, that might give me some room to hold off.

I wildcarded last week and still have a FH and BB. I planned my transfers to get me a BB squad in GW36 and will still free hit in 33. 

Wildcard in 35 to BB in 36 is a good tactic though. Depends on if your tram is good enough to get you through

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Wildcard in 35 to BB in 36 is a good tactic though. Depends on if your tram is good enough to get you through

Sure it’ll get him from A to B

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Kane captain'd.  Now how can I get Son into my team?

I've captained Kane and can get Son in quite easily. I've 2 FTs but I also own Kulu and Doherty, so it would be at the expense of Kulu. I don't think I can justify the ~5m difference and he would eat into my future budget for upgrading a non-playing striker for BB36. And yet, he might do so much damage in the next few weeks to justify it.  This game eh?

Â