Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

Current dilemma and I'm really in 2 minds.

I have 2 FTs
1. Kulusevski is becoming Coutinho. That's pretty much a Shay Given.

2. Keep Son for Leicester (I also own Kane) and also start with either Broja home to CRY or Femenia home to BUR.  So that's a 1 or 2 pointer and hoping for a Son haul.
or
2b. Upgrade Amartey to Alonso and turn Son into Mount, both at Everton, but that's a minus 4. Alonso would start.

So Son + Broja/Femenia for no hit
or
Alonso & Mount -4.

Man City's double has finally been confirmed for GW36 which means I should be able to Bench Boost with 15 doublers

It also cements my transfer plans this week which will be Kane and Kulusevski out for Watkins and Foden

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Man City's double has finally been confirmed for GW36 which means I should be able to Bench Boost with 15 doubler.

It also cements my transfer plans this week which will be Kane and Kulusevski out for Watkins and Foden

You sure Foden plays against Leeds? He missed the Watford game on Saturday because he played Real on Tuesday. The first league game he's missed since New Years Day. Pep might want him for the Bernabeu on Wednesday making him a risk Saturday evening.

Also, any thoughts on my scenarios above? :D 

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

You sure Foden plays against Leeds? He missed the Watford game on Saturday because he played Real on Tuesday. The first league game he's missed since New Years Day. Pep might want him for the Bernabeu on Wednesday making him a risk Saturday evening.

Nope, not sure at all! You can never be sure with Pep. I can roll that transfer to be fair and bring him in next week. I'll probably rely on price changes as my budget is pretty tight for GW36.

Cucho is missing the rest of the season which is forcing me into a change I didn't want to make

10 minutes ago, BOF said:

Also, any thoughts on my scenarios above? :D 

Agree with the Kulu to Coutinho move. That's in the back of my mind for me too.

If it were me I'd be going 2b

Spurs have slowed down massively so I'm not confident with Son or Kane against Leicester. Although it's Spurs so they're perfectly capable of randomly hammering them. But Broja never returns so like you said it's basically Son plus 2 points.

Mount and Alonso are more likely to return points I think. Mount is overperforming massively but back the purple patch. Even if it doesn't pay off they're solid transfers for GW36 so think of it as an investment :) 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If it were me I'd be going 2b

Spurs have slowed down massively so I'm not confident with Son or Kane against Leicester. Although it's Spurs so they're perfectly capable of randomly hammering them. But Broja never returns so like you said it's basically Son plus 2 points.

Mount and Alonso are more likely to return points I think. Mount is overperforming massively but back the purple patch. Even if it doesn't pay off they're solid transfers for GW36 so think of it as an investment :) 

They have slowed and that's why I'm jumping. Still having Kane makes it easier.. The investment point is kinda moot because I could always bring the Chelsea boys in for 36 anyway if I thought Son was gonna haul against Leicester. It's really down to that one, and I think the way Everton have been playing they could easily score against Chelsea.  But I think I'll probably go for it. I've wanted Mount for a while. The only thing now is whether Saka's yellow status gets worse.

• Like 1

Just watched the football hub preview and big man Bakar has talked me out of selling Son home to Leicester. May have even talked me out of captaining Salah against Newcastle but we'll see about that one. Think I'll just bring in Coutinho now and roll the 2nd FT for next week.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

Just watched the football hub preview and big man Bakar has talked me out of selling Son home to Leicester. May have even talked me out of captaining Salah against Newcastle but we'll see about that one. Think I'll just bring in Coutinho now and roll the 2nd FT for next week.

I dislike that guy but he makes some good points. That's probably the sensible option to be fair!

I'm torn for next week now. My plan was always Kane to Watkins this week. Then Foden in for Kulusevski and Barnes in for Ramsey

However I have no confidence in barnes. His numbers are average and he doesn't seem nailed for minutes.

I'm now considering trying to fit in Maddison instead and then the week after get Coutinho for Foden to attack the double in 37 too. But it would mean having really shit strikers.

Or the alternative is to go all out on Villa and just get Coutinho and Maddison for 36 and ignore Foden...

Another shocking week for me. 48 points and down to outside the top 70k. I was inside the top 50k two weeks ago, now I'm 19 points off it

I really need this next couple of weeks to go to plan

I think I'm putting my faith in Villa. Kane and Kulusevski out for Watkins and Coutinho.

Then I'll use the eye test tomorrow to decide if I keep Ramsey and upgrade a striker to Richarlison; or upgrade Ramsey to Maddison/Barnes/Foden and gor for two budget strikers

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Another shocking week for me. 48 points and down to outside the top 70k. I was inside the top 50k two weeks ago, now I'm 19 points off it

I really need this next couple of weeks to go to plan

I think I'm putting my faith in Villa. Kane and Kulusevski out for Watkins and Coutinho.

Then I'll use the eye test tomorrow to decide if I keep Ramsey and upgrade a striker to Richarlison; or upgrade Ramsey to Maddison/Barnes/Foden and gor for two budget strikers

My WC got 70+ points (16 on the bench hurts) and put me back up to 69k. Still miles off where I was earlier in the season but hoping BB in a few weeks pushes me up again. 

I'm not convinced by Leicester or City. Great fixtures but the rotation is a killer (although I'm now triple Chelsea so that ain't great). 

14 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I'm terrified i have no Spurs players against Leicester.

And I'm terrified i captained Kane. 4 pointer incoming.

18 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Would still be better than captain Salah or KDB somehow

Yeah that's now with hindsight. It's looking decent so far. But I need Spurs to rescue my week. 13pts from 6 players so far.

Â