Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

36 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'm now even contemplating selling Salah and covering him with Jota to get KDB in, which gives me City attacking cover and the 1.2m helps. Means I could get Son & Mount in midfield and downgrade Doherty to a playing but muck defender for 36. Hmmm. But no Salah. Hmmm :)

KDB probably has better fixtures but that to me makes me worry about Pep roulette even more. With the run in so tight you'd expect him to play but they have ridiculous depth and will want Europe too. Salah starts every game I feel. 

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

KDB probably has better fixtures but that to me makes me worry about Pep roulette even more. With the run in so tight you'd expect him to play but they have ridiculous depth and will want Europe too. Salah starts every game I feel. 

Yeah I'm not that concerned about roulette where KDB is concerned, precisely because the title race is so tight. Pep needs KDB in every game. If they were home & hosed then yeah I'd be worried he'd be saved for CL, but resting him once in the league could be disastrous for Pep. My only worry is the inevitable Salah haul. Thankfully I can only do the Son swap for this week, so I'll have a bit more data to go on for next week and the week after, where I would be doing the Salah/KDB swap if I was.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Yeah I'm not that concerned about roulette where KDB is concerned, precisely because the title race is so tight. Pep needs KDB in every game. If they were home & hosed then yeah I'd be worried he'd be saved for CL, but resting him once in the league could be disastrous for Pep. My only worry is the inevitable Salah haul. Thankfully I can only do the Son swap for this week, so I'll have a bit more data to go on for next week and the week after, where I would be doing the Salah/KDB swap if I was.

I'm not so sure he will play every game. The quality and depth they have is ridiculous and their opposition isn't that great. I can see Pep resting him at times irregardless of the league title. 

So... Free Hit this week?

I'm getting cold feet again. However last time that happened in GW30 my Free Hit worked out very well indeed.

I think once again I'm forced into it anyway given that I'm not that well set up for this week anyway.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

So... Free Hit this week?

I'm getting cold feet again. However last time that happened in GW30 my Free Hit worked out very well indeed.

I think once again I'm forced into it anyway given that I'm not that well set up for this week anyway.

I'll probably FH then use my WC to BB in the upcoming big DGW. 

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I'll probably FH then use my WC to BB in the upcoming big DGW. 

If you've still got your second wildcard then that's easily the best thing to do, imo

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

If you've still got your second wildcard then that's easily the best thing to do, imo

Hoping I'll be able to get back in the top 50k having dropped to over the last month 90-110k the last month. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Big CL games & FA Cup semi finals up now. Could see a few key players rested in the follow mid week fixtures. Something to considering when free hitting.

I'm hoping people free hit out of some good single fixtures 😛

Ended up with a 12k red arrow to 65k which feels fine considering I didn’t have Son or Kulusevski. KDB captain and Pukki came through for me in terms of rank protection, had dropped 50k places on Saturday evening. 

Not a good start to the free hit. Not going with Ronaldo hurts. Seems so stupid to have kept Kane on the FH now when that’s an easy swap. Oh well. Plenty of games to go

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Not a good start to the free hit. Not going with Ronaldo hurts. Seems so stupid to have kept Kane on the FH now when that’s an easy swap. Oh well. Plenty of games to go

I brought Kane in but switched him for Ronnie at the last minute. Bizarrely as I'd seen rumours he wasn't going to start against Norwich. 

I also brought Bruno in which wasn't great. 

Disaster of a Free Hit for me. I effectively had 20 players playing and got a grand total of two returns. Salah and Cancelo. Everybody else blanked bar a save point from Schmeichel.

On a tiny red arrow at the moment, which is a minor miracle in itself, but I can't imagine my score is much more, if at all, than my score would have been if I'd kept my normal team

Edit: I've done the maths. I've made a 12 point gain vs my non-freehit team on the assumption I'd have captained Kane, which I think I would have. I guess that's not the end of the world but certainly not the sort of gains I'd have been expecting.

-5 on the Free Hit if I'd captained Salah

Edited by Stevo985

The FH took me back up to 83k but somewhat disappointing as could have been a lot better. Bruno was an expensive waste of a pick made worse by making him captain and not Salah or Ronnie. 

I've wildcarded and have BB to go so hopefully can get back to top 50k. Having been top 15k relatively recently though might haunt me as what could have been. 

Â