Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

So.. what you all gonna do with Watkins? 😅

Let's see how we line-up against Sevilla! If Watkins will still be playing up front, he stays. Switch to Ings (if he plays) if he will be the main man up top as he will probably be the penalty taker

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Fofana leg break might cause a lot of squad rejigs. 

Yeah, he was a good choice. Shame what’s happened to him. 

Im about to take Grealish out which frees up a spot for another Villan. Possibly a defender. 

Now that Jack's gone which 3 Villa players would everyone go for? Martinez is fantastic but I feel he's 0.5m too expensive and I don't like having premium keepers. No DF jumps out as so many options at 4.5m elsewhere. Question marks over Watkins now that Ings is here and so you go for Ings? I'm wanting Buendia and very tempted by Bailey. Decisions, decisions. 

I’ve gone for Targett and Ings. Not convinced by Buendia (from an FPL perspective) and the possibility of Watkins being moved out wide has scared me off him. 

Martinez too expensive imo. 

5 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Now that Jack's gone which 3 Villa players would everyone go for? Martinez is fantastic but I feel he's 0.5m too expensive and I don't like having premium keepers. No DF jumps out as so many options at 4.5m elsewhere. Question marks over Watkins now that Ings is here and so you go for Ings? I'm wanting Buendia and very tempted by Bailey. Decisions, decisions. 

I've gone for Martinez, Buendia & Watkins for now. I don't think that 0.5m is that much, given he is going to be (hopefully) getting a lot of points - there are a lot of other options in the rest of the positions and quite happy to more or less leave him there for most of the season, barring injury/poor form. Bailey is unlikely to start Watford as not even joined up with the team yet. I suspect Watkins will start Watford so more likely to get points but definitely got an eye Ings as well. 

No Man City players this year - tired of Pep rotation.

16 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I’ve gone for Watkins, Buendia and Bailey. I’m the same every year, I pick three Villa players based on what I want to happen, rather than what my head tells me will. I’ll probably put Bailey on the bench until I know he’s here and ready to play. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’ve gone for Watkins, Buendia and Bailey. I’m the same every year, I pick three Villa players based on what I want to happen, rather than what my head tells me will. I’ll probably put Bailey on the bench until I know he’s here and ready to play. 

I'm leaning towards the same 3 and hoping today's game provides some sort of clue to line up and tactics going forward but feel it's too soon as too many players are only just back or new to the team. 

Edited by Rds1983
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, a-k said:

I wasn't able to watch today's friendly. How did we line-up and would you choose Ings over Watkins based on that?

I didn’t see the game either but I’d be shocked if Watkins doesn’t start. I guess the question is will he start on the left to get Ings into the team, or will Smith play them both in a 422. 

I’m now thinking I should take Buendia and Bailey out, can’t see Bailey being available, but Buendia may be, depending on his injury niggles. 

We go again.

Every time, my team looks good on paper, but then it gets all mussed due to injuries, suspensions, and rotations. It is like my innocent selection of a player in my team is a curse upon them.

So, I am doing my bit. No Villa players.

Buendia was a lock for me but his non-appearance against Salernitana has made me temporarily remove him. I currently only have Ings from Villa, but Emi will be in if the news is good.  I'm far from settled on a 15 but I'm settled on about 7 of my starting 11 with the others waiting on press conferences. I even turned my Toney 6.5 into a VVD 6.5 briefly until I realised how risky a pick VVD is early doors. I'm also dodgy on Digne too now so he's currently out. Looking forward to all the tinkering being over on Friday.

15 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I have brought Young in though as a bit of a gamble for the first few games. 

As long as you've a good sub.

6 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Currently Dias against Spurs but I'm still tweaking everything. 

Yeah I think that counts as a decent sub :D  I just wouldn't be risking non-starters in week 1. If the template peloton takes off without you and you're missing players then you're playing catch-up straight away. Funnily enough it's also why I wouldn't be going for Targett.  If I was going Villa defence now it would be Cash.

On 07/08/2021 at 19:55, Stevo985 said:

I’ve gone for Targett and Ings. Not convinced by Buendia (from an FPL perspective) and the possibility of Watkins being moved out wide has scared me off him. 

Martinez too expensive imo. 

I thought that about Martinez but teamed him with Steer @ £4.0 and a guaranteed start every week. I know that in a GW we aint playing it causes an issue but might look again...... 

No outfield Villans yet until we know who is fit available and starting

Â