Copa America 2020

maqroll

3 hours ago, Greenfly said:

We could be seeing an Argentina v Brazil final at this rate.

Imagine that. A major tournament final between two of the biggest international teams in football, and there's a Villa player in both squads. Wouldn't that be something?

Not just in the squads but in the starting XI’s

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Not just in the squads but in the starting XI’s

Yeah ideally. Dougie hasn't been starting for Brazil though. Don't think he's even come on for the last couple games.

For that reason, I'm backing Argentina. At least our lad starts for them, plus I'd love to see Messi win an international trophy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

Yeah ideally. Dougie hasn't been starting for Brazil though. Don't think he's even come on for the last couple games.

For that reason, I'm backing Argentina. At least our lad starts for them, plus I'd love to see Messi win an international trophy.

potentially Alvarez as well if stories are true ;) 

• Like 2

It's messi for me, really hope he ticks the box that is unreasonably demanded of him rather than once again playing brilliantly to get there and seeing them lose a final 

Emi getting a winners medal as a result would be brilliant obviously 

46 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

So pleased for Emi, I reckon he’s nailed his starting place down for years to come now. Mad to think this world class keeper was hidden away on Arsenal’s bench all these years.

Was he ready to be the player he is now? 

What was his record on all those loans?

I have no idea, never heard of him until he started a few games for arsenal.

I know since he was in goal for a mental game which finished about 4-4.

17 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Was he ready to be the player he is now? 

What was his record on all those loans?

I have no idea, never heard of him until he started a few games for arsenal.

I know since he was in goal for a mental game which finished about 4-4.

It’s probably safe to assume that he wasn’t at the level he is now, but the potential would have been there for anyone looking closely enough. He’s matured into a fantastic keeper, Arsenal’s loss is Villa and Argentina’s gain. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

So pleased for Emi, I reckon he’s nailed his starting place down for years to come now. Mad to think this world class keeper was hidden away on Arsenal’s bench all these years.

I remember him playing against us while on loan for Reading (Mings' debut).  Pulled off an absolute blinder of a save from a Tammy header.

Could be a strange one where he's had that many loans and struggled to break through for so long that he's gone away and been coached and improved various elements of his game leaving him as an incredibly well rounded keeper, weve got the culmination of being told that if he wants to start he needs to improve his communication then being told that he needs to improve his coming for the ball then that he needs to improve his kicking blah blah he's done the hard work 

The main thing is for all the adversity and struggles to break through and then getting dropped after he'd broke through is that he's so confident 

El- Gato yet again confirming his world class status. If Messi remembers why he started playing football take a massive pay cut and lead us to the title. Like the greatest ever from Argentina did for Napoli.

I'm sure bonuses etc can accommodate him.

Â