Copa America 2020

maqroll

6 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

El- Gato yet again confirming his world class status. If Messi remembers why he started playing football take a massive pay cut and lead us to the title. Like the greatest ever from Argentina did for Napoli.

I'm sure bonuses etc can accommodate him.

Imagine if he did... Sat on holiday this summer and says "ah **** it I'm gonna go play for the villa" or monaco or fiorentina or ajax or celtic 

Would be brilliantly batshit crazy

He's rich enough to do it too if he wanted, he doesn't need the barca money 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Imagine if he did... Sat on holiday this summer and says "ah **** it I'm gonna go play for the villa" or monaco or fiorentina or ajax or celtic 

He'd make it from endorsements. AND he gets to see Jack's calves in training everyday and play on the same pitch as him.

The rules against playing with blood on the kit used to be rather strictly enforced but Messi was allowed to play with bloodsoaked socks and there's been a couple of similar situations at the Euro's where players have been allowed to play with blood bandages and blood running down their heads. Guess it's not that important anymore.

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

He’s probably richer than Barcelona right now.  

They're 1.3 billion in debt. I hope every single one of us is richer than Barca.

• Like 1

On 04/07/2021 at 10:46, sne said:

Hope Bolsonaro doesn't get a win in the Copa America to use to promote himself

A win for the millions of Brazilians who despise him would be great. However, I'm rooting for Argentina and Martinez. 

• Like 1

On 07/07/2021 at 04:18, villa4europe said:

His ego is such that he'll want CL games. He's also comfortable in Barcelona the city.

A "considerable number" of guests specially invited to watch the Copa America final between Brazil and Argentina have been faking false COVID-19 tests to ensure their entry, organisers the South American Football Confederation (CONMEBOL) said on Saturday. 

Although fans were banned from the first 27 games of the tournament due to the pandemic in South America, CONMEBOL and Rio de Janeiro authorities decided to allow 6,500 invited guests into the final, or around 10% of the stadium's capacity.

All attendees are required to present a negative COVID-19 test before entering.

However, "a considerable number of fraudulent PCR tests have been detected both among those accredited for the Argentina section and the Brazil section," CONMEBOL said.

"These people will not be allowed into the stadium. The controls to ensure access to the final of the Copa America will be extremely rigorous."

The organisation did not specify how many of tests were fraudulent.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/copa-america/story/4430351/copa-america-guests-faking-negative-covid-tests-will-be-banned-say-organisers

Argentina have a pretty diabolical record in recent years don't they? How have they not won it in nearly 30 years? 

Â