Copa America 2020

maqroll

50 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Watched the highlights of argies vs Bolivia 

Messi is taking the piss ain't he? The assist for the first goal...sat there and thought by his standards the chip goal was nothing special, says it all

I think Emi being in goal could be the difference for the Argies this year, if he can keep everything out then Messi could provide enough to win it.

Yes! I just watched Peru win a very tense penalty shootout against Paraguay to get through to the semis. :D The 'blanquiroja', Peru, are my South American team. Can they get to the final for a 2nd time in a row? (Please not Brazil again, please!)

1 hour ago, MachoFantastico said:

Awful from Gabriel Jesus. Be surprised if he only gets the red card for that. Not sure what he was thinking. 

Nigel De Jong special, luckily Howard Webb wasn't the ref 

52 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Another game where I only saw the highlights but Messi looks like he's on another planet again 

Argentinian third made me laugh. Di Maria running through and being fouled - ref gives a penalty and books the Ecuadorean player. Ecuador players all appealing that it was outside the box, VAR review agrees so free kick given and a red card given instead of the yellow (no double jeopardy anymore, I guess?).

Messi steps up and bangs in the free kick anyway :D 

• Like 2

Was the right decision in the end I think 

Its only a yellow if its a genuine attempt to play the ball, he's pulled him back so its a red 

Messi's assist for the first goal is the best pass you'll see all summer

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

We could be seeing an Argentina v Brazil final at this rate.

Imagine that. A major tournament final between two of the biggest international teams in football, and there's a Villa player in both squads. Wouldn't that be something?

Sorry no likes but yes it would be fantastic.

I just hope if it goes to penalties that it isn't Emi v Dougie for the cup.

• Like 2

Â