Soft drinks

Xela

Just now, Seat68 said:

Same. Never have additional sugar. 

I think the last time I bought some was one pancake day. The lass I was seeing wanted pancakes with lemon juice and sugar (sadly that's not a euphemism). 

• Haha 2

Do you not bake cakes or make cheesecakes or nothing?

Baking is ace 

Do always though remember when I worked at a cookie factory in Hartlebury, I did a trade show down in london, opposite us was weight watchers so we had the crack with them all week but then it got down to business and we sat them down and said can we do a less fat cookie, their sales rep said yeah you can just add more sugar... If you want to do a reduced sugar cookie you just add more fat... 

Basically the starting point for a hell of a lot of bakery products is mix sugar and fat together, you reduce one and increase the other, you reduce the wet fat and turn to liquid sugar stuff like that 

Its all a huge con from the marketing department 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Do you not bake cakes or make cheesecakes or nothing?

Baking is ace 

Do always though remember when I worked at a cookie factory in Hartlebury, I did a trade show down in london, opposite us was weight watchers so we had the crack with them all week but then it got down to business and we sat them down and said can we do a less fat cookie, their sales rep said yeah you can just add more sugar... If you want to do a reduced sugar cookie you just add more fat... 

Basically the starting point for a hell of a lot of bakery products is mix sugar and fat together, you reduce one and increase the other, you reduce the wet fat and turn to liquid sugar stuff like that 

Its all a huge con from the marketing department 

Sugar supplement. We have been in lockdown I have baked like mary berry. No sugar went in. 

• Like 1

I just had to nip out the kitchen to see if we have any sugar, we do, but neither of us remember when we bought it.

Same goes for salt, we have some, but if salt or sugar had a use by date, it would surely be up by now.

Anyway, as for soft drinks, I quite like alcohol free ciders. A pricey way to drink soft drinks, but nice to have a couple in the fridge ready for an impromptu family meeting out the back garden.

14 minutes ago, hogso said:

Dandelion n Burdock 

Just typing that, I can smell it. Beautiful 

I don't mind it, but cream soda is my favourite flavour of old traditional drinks. 

Speaking of old skool pop, i used to love a can of Cresta blackcurrantade....the brand with the polar bear saying "its frothy maaan !" whilst wearing dark sunglasses. 

The bear, not me i mean.

• Like 1

I don't like those snooty cans of pop, that think they're better than the other cans of pop, and wear tinfoil lids. Pretentious. 

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 18/06/2021 at 11:43, Paddywhack said:

My name's Paddywhack and I'm a colaholic.

Probably three cans a day. Diet coke/diet pepsi, pepsi max, coke zero, whichever is cheapest.

My youngest buys Happy Shopper 'Cola' for 79p 2 Litres if your after a bargain/reduced life expectancy 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

I don't like those snooty cans of pop, that think they're better than the other cans of pop, and wear tinfoil lids. Pretentious. 

San Pellegrino blood orange. 

The Hooray Henry of pop.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Grapefruit Fanta for the win. 

Honorary mention for glass bottled Coca-Cola as the runner-up. 

Ice cold glass bottle of coke on holiday in the sunshine (for a momentary break from beer) is very good.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Do you not cook?

I do pretty much all the cooking. 

You can cook without it and after a while, you can taste the food and not just miss the salt.

But it does mean, when we do have something processed it just tastes like fatty salty sugar. Which of course, is probably what it is.

Â