Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

1 hour ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I'd argue that FFP hasn't protected these big clubs. They've still been allowed to get in eye watering debt with wildly unsustainable wage bills. 

The fact that FFP was never linked to debt just proves that it was never about protecting clubs, it was about installing a glass ceiling. 

It's time it was torn down and replaced with something functional. 

They will soon be found out with the debt they are in and money they spent previous seasons,they may not be able to make a big money buy unless they sell a big money sale first. Arsenal look to be the first club out of the so called big six that have just completely flooded themselves with such high wages that it's so draining on the Owners that they can't risk anymore.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

The financial side of football is an absolute mess… big clubs have been incredibly reckless and seem to be paying the price now… it’s about time but there’s no point if they revert to form and continue to pay players anywhere from £300k-£1.5m a week! Just look at the state of teams like Barca and Real Madrid, they can’t even afford to register players due to their inflated wage budgets, just continuing and being allowed to exist in debt… it’s crazy.

I just discovered that Bale is on 650k a week, Hazard £450k a week… was already aware of the Barca & Messi situation…absolutely ridiculous.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to suggest that many players lose drive and motivation when they are living in such lavish wealth and luxury… what is motivating them when they become spoilt brats basically? They have more money than they know what to do with and still get greedy (greater demands, avoiding tax). Some seem to reach that status or get that dream move and essentially end or ruin their careers… it’s not the case for every player (Messi, Ronaldo) but many have ended up that way…  there’s no real justification or sense/reason for paying any player so much either, at least imo…

Didn’t they foresee any of this? It’s unsustainable and foolish…

The same goes for little teams like Arsenal 😆 They are a good example of some of the above too. Ozil? 🤦‍♂️

So wasteful and reckless…it’s like there’s no strategy or sense… just a desperation and attitude of trying to win/compete at all costs without considering any ramifications or even the health and security of the club itself…

It has to implode…

Let alone that this is all morally corrupt and obscene…

This may sound crazy but I’d rather remain a sustainable and well run club at the cost of failing to eventually reach those top 3-4 positions in the league… I’d rather we exist comfortably and avoid debt and spending like crazy on mediocre, deadbeat, disruptive players…

If players/targets are demanding obscene wages, let’s simply move on and not fall for it…

These so called big clubs need to be brought down a peg or two and have to face the consequences of their foolish actions… with greater restrictions and limits placed upon them aswell as penalties/punishments.

Super League? More like Sleazy League…

Allow the clubs that are run properly to take a few steps up and create a fair and strict set of rules for everyone to have to adhere too… FFP has only served to protect those bigger clubs, they have t changed their ways. It’s simply not good enough…

you make a valid point....but as the old saying goes, we are only as strong as the weakest link.

There needs to be agreement to tackle it......best of luck with that.

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

The financial side of football is an absolute mess… big clubs have been incredibly reckless and seem to be paying the price now… it’s about time but there’s no point if they revert to form and continue to pay players anywhere from £300k-£1.5m a week! Just look at the state of teams like Barca and Real Madrid, they can’t even afford to register players due to their inflated wage budgets, just continuing and being allowed to exist in debt… it’s crazy.

I just discovered that Bale is on 650k a week, Hazard £450k a week… was already aware of the Barca & Messi situation…absolutely ridiculous.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to suggest that many players lose drive and motivation when they are living in such lavish wealth and luxury… what is motivating them when they become spoilt brats basically? They have more money than they know what to do with and still get greedy (greater demands, avoiding tax). Some seem to reach that status or get that dream move and essentially end or ruin their careers… it’s not the case for every player (Messi, Ronaldo) but many have ended up that way…  there’s no real justification or sense/reason for paying any player so much either, at least imo…

Didn’t they foresee any of this? It’s unsustainable and foolish…

The same goes for little teams like Arsenal 😆 They are a good example of some of the above too. Ozil? 🤦‍♂️

So wasteful and reckless…it’s like there’s no strategy or sense… just a desperation and attitude of trying to win/compete at all costs without considering any ramifications or even the health and security of the club itself…

It has to implode…

Let alone that this is all morally corrupt and obscene…

This may sound crazy but I’d rather remain a sustainable and well run club at the cost of failing to eventually reach those top 3-4 positions in the league… I’d rather we exist comfortably and avoid debt and spending like crazy on mediocre, deadbeat, disruptive players…

If players/targets are demanding obscene wages, let’s simply move on and not fall for it…

These so called big clubs need to be brought down a peg or two and have to face the consequences of their foolish actions… with greater restrictions and limits placed upon them aswell as penalties/punishments.

Super League? More like Sleazy League…

Allow the clubs that are run properly to take a few steps up and create a fair and strict set of rules for everyone to have to adhere too… FFP has only served to protect those bigger clubs, they have t changed their ways. It’s simply not good enough…

I read somewhere that Griezmann was on around 800k-ish a week... I assume euros. Absolutely mental. 

• Shocked 1

3 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I'd argue that FFP hasn't protected these big clubs. They've still been allowed to get in eye watering debt with wildly unsustainable wage bills. 

The fact that FFP was never linked to debt just proves that it was never about protecting clubs, it was about installing a glass ceiling. 

It's time it was torn down and replaced with something functional. 

By protecting them, I meant allowing them to stay “at the top” and keeping other teams at bay. Without FFP, I believe clubs such as ours with owners such as ours would have been able to spend more heavily and strengthen more effectively and threaten or even break up the established order.

No one has been allowed to “do a Citeh” or Chelski since, even if they can comfortably manage it without financially crippling the club. Our owners would have had us up there by now otherwise…

You’re completely right in the sense that it has been ineffective in preventing them taking on huge debt etc. I agree… 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

you make a valid point....but as the old saying goes, we are only as strong as the weakest link.

There needs to be agreement to tackle it......best of luck with that.

Well if they can attempt to form a Super League, to try and save their backsides, then the rest of the clubs can get together and protest against them… how and why have they been able to get away with all this without any form of punishment???

• Like 1

Anyway…  believe this move for ESR could still happen, nothing really to suggest negotiations are over quite yet.

Honestly not fussed if we don’t get him though, we simply move on to other targets in that case….

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Anyway…  believe this move for ESR could still happen, nothing really to suggest negotiations are over quite yet.

Honestly not fussed if we don’t get him though, we simply move on to other targets in that case….

I think him being given the number 10 shirt has shown this is dead, as well as Arteta saying he is 100% staying. The contract will be sorted now. 

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think him being given the number 10 shirt has shown this is dead, as well as Arteta saying he is 100% staying. The contract will be sorted now. 

I haven’t actually found anything reputable or official to say that he has officially been given the #10 shirt. 

Happy to be shown where it does - just couldn’t find it.

Arteta saying what he did could be either a conclusive nail in the coffin or just posturing for more money - ‘we don’t want to lose him and don’t have to’ sort of thing.

This one seems more unlikely than it did a couple of weeks ago, but there’s nothing yet to actually confirm or deny that.

1 hour ago, ismail-villa said:

I read somewhere that Griezmann was on around 800k-ish a week... I assume euros. Absolutely mental. 

Here we go… highest weekly wages…what a joke:

De Gea - £375k 

Talisca - £383k

Lewandowski - £384.6k

Oscar - £400k

Mbappe - £403k

Bale - £564k (650k euros, correction ⬆️)

Griezmann - £575k (£800k dollars) Barca trying to do a swap deal for Saul

Suarez - £575k

Neymar - £606k

Ronaldo - £900k… insane…

Messi - 2.1m…. PSYCHOTIC

conflicting reports on whether that was £ or euros, probably £1.2m pw, halved with his new deal/extension that he’s agreed with Barca…

Edited by Jas10

7 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

I haven’t actually found anything reputable or official to say that he has officially been given the #10 shirt. 

Arteta saying what he did could be either a conclusive nail in the coffin or just posturing for more money - ‘we don’t want to lose him and don’t have to’ sort of thing.

This one seems more unlikely than it did a couple of weeks ago, but there’s nothing yet to actually confirm or deny that.

There was a picture circulating of him with a fan wearing the no 10 on this arsenal jacket a couple days ago. I’ll see if I can find it.

9 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

Oh maybe I'm wrong. I thought there was a tweet from an official source saying he was their new number 10. 

• Like 1

Again, not fussed.

We may have better or more effective targets in mind but the appeal of getting a young player with high potential from a so called “top side” (sure… 😆) at a “value deal” for us due to the contract situation is fairly obvious. It’s good to see us making these kinds of moves at least…

No skin off our back if he stays put, but would be a statement signing if we managed it…

Let’s not pay him crazy wages though! 😆 He’s so young and they’re only going to continually rise…

Tbf, I believe our owners and CEO have their heads firmly screwed on…

Leave the madness to Arsenal…