Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

Arsenal supposedly in for Maddison and Aouar so ESR’s gonna be riding the bench this season if they manage to get either, let alone both. 

Can Villa really give him regular game time if we do get Bailey? 

AEG - Jack - ESR - Buendia - Bailey - Traore - Bidace - Trez (back after Christmas) to cover three positions (or two) depending on formation. 

If we hadn’t already bid you’d be wondering what we wanted him for, unless AEG and Trez were both finished and Deano was going to start rotating much more regularly. 

Getting ESR, Bailey, and keeping Jack gives us so much quality in depth it’s ridiculous. 

6 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

my man lol GIF by Steve Harvey TV

Once upon a time there was a big old castle. The walls were adorned with pictures from times long ago when the castle celebrated the glories of its army and all that they had conquered. But the king of the castle was from a land far away and he tricked the pervious king with tales of fun fairs and merry-go-rounds, and promised the people, who gathered from near and far that the good days would return. But the evil trickster had no money and spoke in riddles, so that soon the castle had fallen into ruin. 

Then one day a king from another kingdom saw the castle, that had once been so magnificent, and was sad that it no longer held wonderful parties and its ramparts were broken. So he said to his friend, a king from the west, “Come let us band together and save this glorious kingdom with its magnificent park, let us rebuild it to it’s former glory.” And so they banished the evil clown and gathered the people together and appointed a leader of the people a man called Dean and he was a man of the people from the people and was a good man. He chose wisely from his people and found a great knight to lead them in to battle, this man wore a lion on his chest and carried it in his heart, his name was Jack. 

And so it came to pass that the mighty kingdom would be reborn and grow and retake its place in the great heights. The people from the other kingdoms scoffed at first but the wise man from the East and his friend from the west knew the truth and knew that the great kingdom of the lion would never truly die and soon it’s magnificence would once again rule all the lands and retake all its treasures. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Once upon a time there was a big old castle. The walls were adorned with pictures from times long ago when the castle celebrated the glories of its army and all that they had conquered. But the king of the castle was from a land far away and he tricked the pervious king with tales of fun fairs and merry-go-rounds, and promised the people, who gathered from near and far that the good days would return. But the evil trickster had no money and spoke in riddles, so that soon the castle had fallen into ruin. 

Then one day a king from another kingdom saw the castle, that had once been so magnificent, and was sad that it no longer held wonderful parties and its ramparts were broken. So he said to his friend, a king from the west, “Come let us band together and save this glorious kingdom with its magnificent park, let us rebuild it to it’s former glory.” And so they banished the evil clown and gathered the people together and appointed a leader of the people a man called Dean and he was a man of the people from the people and was a good man. He chose wisely from his people and found a great knight to lead them in to battle, this man wore a lion on his chest and carried it in his heart, his name was Jack. 

And so it came to pass that the mighty kingdom would be reborn and grow and retake its place in the great heights. The people from the other kingdoms scoffed at first but the wise man from the East and his friend from the west knew the truth and knew that the great kingdom of the lion would never truly die and soon it’s magnificence would once again rule all the lands and retake all its treasures. 

Shock What GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've enjoyed dipping in and out of this thread 😂

I think all signs point to ESR staying but at the very least his agent is courting the interest. I think you guys would have a much better chance if he hadn't broken into the team fully yet. Even if we buy another 10 he'll get plenty of time on the pitch.

He would be a great signing for Villa and a real statement of intent, especially after nabbing Buendia but I think it would be an odd move for ESR.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CroydonDebruyne said:

I've enjoyed dipping in and out of this thread 😂

I think all signs point to ESR staying but at the very least his agent is courting the interest. I think you guys would have a much better chance if he hadn't broken into the team fully yet. Even if we buy another 10 he'll get plenty of time on the pitch.

He would be a great signing for Villa and a real statement of intent, especially after nabbing Buendia but I think it would be an odd move for ESR.

What do you think about your links to Aouar and Maddison?

Would Smith Rowe get that much game time if  you had those 2 as well?

Not that I think he’ll leave either.

• Like 1

I don't think there's any way we are going to get both of them. If we did then yes, I could see Smith Rowe wanting to move.

He played a lot with Odegaard last season so I don't think it's a case of rotation between him and whoever else comes in. He'll play a bit along side them too.

Only concern i would have about his game time would be the fact that we have no Europe this year so there are less games to go around. That has been great for blooding the youngsters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CroydonDebruyne said:

I don't think there's any way we are going to get both of them. If we did then yes, I could see Smith Rowe wanting to move.

He played a lot with Odegaard last season so I don't think it's a case of rotation between him and whoever else comes in. He'll play a bit along side them too.

Only concern i would have about his game time would be the fact that we have no Europe this year so there are less games to go around. That has been great for blooding the youngsters.

That’s fair enough, so from a fan perspective why is it taking so long to tie him down to a new deal? Money, or do you think he’s watching incomings before making a decision? 

54 minutes ago, Awol said:

That’s fair enough, so from a fan perspective why is it taking so long to tie him down to a new deal? Money, or do you think he’s watching incomings before making a decision? 

I'm really not sure to be honest. If I had to guess, I'd say it's his agent squeezing us for more £££, which I wouldn't begrudge after the season he had.

We have done plenty of poor business recently but we have been pretty good at tying down our talented youngsters. Martinelli, Saka and Balogun (who hasn't broken through yet) were all signed in the last year or two. From memory Saka's contract was much closer to running out so I was a lot more worried about it.

Whatever you think about where we are as a club, it's a pretty good place for a young player to play at the minute I think.

22 hours ago, Awol said:

Arsenal supposedly in for Maddison and Aouar so ESR’s gonna be riding the bench this season if they manage to get either, let alone both. 

Can Villa really give him regular game time if we do get Bailey? 

AEG - Jack - ESR - Buendia - Bailey - Traore - Bidace - Trez (back after Christmas) to cover three positions (or two) depending on formation. 

If we hadn’t already bid you’d be wondering what we wanted him for, unless AEG and Trez were both finished and Deano was going to start rotating much more regularly. 

Getting ESR, Bailey, and keeping Jack gives us so much quality in depth it’s ridiculous. 

If we did get both ESR and Bailey (I don't think we'll get either, but hypothetically) then Trez and AEG are basically finished here. They'll be league cup players and be sold next summer

Just now, Stevo985 said:

If we did get both ESR and Bailey (I don't think we'll get either, but hypothetically) then Trez and AEG are basically finished here. They'll be league cup players and be sold next summer

Agree and I'd sell both this summer, but with Trez injured it's just AEG to go - assuming we sign a better replacement first. He's not getting a new deal and hopefully we might even make a small profit on him while he still has two years left. 'Thank you for your service' etc. but cheerio time now.

Replacing those two with players of Bailey, Alvarez or ESR's quality is undoubtedly the way forward.

• Like 1