Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

Still 2 years left on his contract so I wouldn’t be surprised if he neither signed a new contract nor was sold this year if they can’t come to an agreement. Arsenal have frequently run down player contracts till the last year left. Not necessarily a good tactic but it is something they do. Emile will really need to agitate if he can’t  agree a contract, doesn’t want to stay on the same contract for another year, and therefore wants to be sold.

• Like 1

Key Emile Smith Rowe update emerges as Aston Villa look set to suffer transfer blow.

Mikel Arteta has delivered a transfer blow to Aston Villa after insisting Emile Smith Rowe will not be leaving Arsenal this summer.

The talented attacker scored for the Gunners in their 2-1 defeat to Hibernian last night as speculation continues to intensify about his future.

Villa have seen two bids rejected for the 20-year-old with Arsenal keen to tie Smith Rowe to a long-term deal in a bid to keep him at the Emirates.

And speaking about his player's future after last night's game at Easter Road as reported by Football London, Arteta was emphatic that Smith Rowe was going nowhere.

Here

BlaringInsignificantCony-max-1mb.gif

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Point of order: Willam Brown wasn't tubby. 

220px-JustWilliamsLuck.jpg

Ahh, but I was a 70's child so my association is the 70's TV series with Bonnie Langford where he was a little on the tubby side. 

image.png.5b39571b1eb50baa234d56c1e728084a.png

It always looked an unlikely signing to me as Arsenal value him highly, and the price they would have demanded to sell him would have made the signing a  veryhigh risk as it would blow a large chunk of our budget for a still mostly unproven talent. It was fun winding up the Arsenal fans at work, but I never 100% believed this would happen. For starters I don't think It is a position we are short of options in to be blowing a large percentage of our transfer budget on. We now have Grealish, Buendia and Traore as creative sources, as well as promising youngsters of our own coming through the ranks in Carney Chukwuemeka who we don't want to stifle.

17 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

We should definitely go sign Odegaard now. Ideally for roughly £25m.

How great would that be?  First Martinez, then beating them to Buendia, then snagging their number 1 target Odegaard after trying to poach ESR out from under them.

29 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Confirmed as having the number 10 shirt. This one is dead now. 

If we still manage to sign him now. It would be like being 0-4 down with 10 minutes to go and finishing 5-4. 😃