Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

I think he's signed it already and they're holding the news off for a bad week.

This being Arsenal, I should say a worse week than usual.

The audacity of what we were doing was always more exciting than the actual player being targeted.

Many better options around as good as he is.

57 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I think he's signed it already and they're holding the news off for a bad week.

This being Arsenal, I should say a worse week than usual.

The audacity of what we were doing was always more exciting than the actual player being targeted.

Many better options around as good as he is.

Come on there's no way this is it. I've said since page 1 he'll sign the contract but unless they haven't completed the socials bit yet there's no way he's signed a contract and they just haven't announced it

• Like 1

Close thread.

Not to worry, I didn't know who he was until this link appeared.

Villa have how many players who could play there at CAM? Grealish, Buendia, Traore, Chukwuemeka, perhaps even Sanson or McGinn?

I still think we will bring in another now this one is dead.

However, everyone fit:

Watkins

Grealish     Buendia      Traore 

Would love to see the three supporting Watkins interchange, it would give the opposition something to really think about.

Chukwuemeka raring to go from the bench could be a great option for us this season.

Very exciting even without this Smith-Rowe geezer.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Well let's hope that clubs like City, realise his profile is so " similar to Jack Grealish " and he is younger, also British, so decide to spunk 100 mill plus on him instead, leaving Jack with us. lol

17 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Close thread.

Not to worry, I didn't know who he was until this link appeared.

Villa have how many players who could play there at CAM? Grealish, Buendia, Traore, Chukwuemeka, perhaps even Sanson or McGinn?

I still think we will bring in another now this one is dead.

However, everyone fit:

Watkins

Grealish     Buendia      Traore 

Would love to see the three supporting Watkins interchange, it would give the opposition something to really think about.

Chukwuemeka raring to go from the bench could be a great option for us this season.

Very exciting even without this Smith-Rowe geezer.

I never really thought we could get him but I dont see why now we close the thread.  He still hasnt signed a contract, all that has happened is he has played a preseason game...not sure that indicates it's dead.  In fact the rumours are the Aouar is likely to sign for them next week which you would think is the same position that ESR plays so surely that favours the rumours that he's more likely to leave. Maybe they were bringing in Aouar before selling ESR (I dont think this is true but a reasonable conclusion).  I dont think he's coming but closing the thread now doesnt seem right just yet.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I never really thought we could get him but I dont see why now we close the thread.  He still hasnt signed a contract, all that has happened is he has played a preseason game...not sure that indicates it's dead.  In fact the rumours are the Aouar is likely to sign for them next week which you would think is the same position that ESR plays so surely that favours the rumours that he's more likely to leave. Maybe they were bringing in Aouar before selling ESR (I dont think this is true but a reasonable conclusion).  I dont think he's coming but closing the thread now doesnt seem right just yet.

Assuming that the first two bids were actually made... it seems odd that there wasn't a third, or if there was that Arsenal didn't publicly reject it, or some noise from ESR saying he is committed to the club. We also haven't yet moved for another player as an alternative, which we probably would have done as 1) filling that role is reportedly a priority, and 2) Smith wants transfer business done as early as possible.

As others have said it's not dead until he signs a new contract, which we were told was happening weeks ago when he returned from holiday.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Whispers says "es rowe talks today at his club. decisive media updates by tues pm. eye on mr percy".

At least if ESR stays with Arsenal we can file another ITK under rubbish rumours 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

At least if ESR stays with Arsenal we can file another ITK under rubbish rumours 

In classic ITK style though, this chap has just said it’ll be ‘decisive’ not what the outcome will be… then if it isn’t done by Tuesday PM then they’ll just say there was a hold up, or he’s having ‘second thoughts’ or some other stuff… I might start an ITK account of my own just for the lols

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Exactly. He's been very specific this time. If we've not heard anything by Wednesday then I'll unfollow and file under bullshit. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Aren't they all rubbish? Name me one "itk" account that isn't full of rubbish

Since NWSE have taken over I can't differentiate between ITK and Brum journos. Percy is the exception but he only really reports concrete stuff

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Since NWSE have taken over I can't differentiate between ITK and Brum journos. Percy is the exception but he only really reports concrete stuff

and basically when it’s fairly well known.  I love Percy but he’s only a millisecond ahead of official announcements which is still ahead but not really telling us much we didn’t know.  I think Villa are so leak proof these days that we only get whispers if it’s from the other club.

Edited by nick76