Children's Television

sidcow

When the world returns to normality, I'd heartily recommend to anyone of the age to have enjoyed the show to go see Knightmare Live if you get the chance.  We went to see their first London show and clocked Hugo Myatt in the crowd, caught him at the interval for a lovely natter and he introduced us to Tim Child (original show's creator) who was there with him.

I'd buy a VR headset tomorrow if somebody made a Knightmare game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Her trafalgar square vegan protest pics are certainly make for good viewing 😉

Oh, she'd be getting meat alright

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Ones that stick in my head, even if I didn't see them regularly, or I might have;

Ren and Stimpy - loved that

Children and it? Like a **** hairy pumpkin thing.. found that weird

Sharky and George - only saw it when I was sick off school, so must have been on around 9.30am, cool theme tune

The poddington peas - always alright

Loch Ness - seemed a bit old fashioned to me at the time, but pretty good

Penny crayon - see loch ness

The raccoons - Cyril Sneer and the themes were quite old and it seed to go on forever

Thunderbirds, Thursday I think at 6pm one of the few things me and dad would watch together

Simpsons whenever it was on, loved it

Catch the pigeon and wacky racers - both before my time, but loved those when they were on

Zap! Kids TV/comic book/sketch show.  Didn't really like it, but watched it for some reason

Art attack - was cool, liked that

How! Cool scientist show

Gamesmaster - weird, but very cool, didn't watch it much

Smtv love was really good, liked wonky donkey segment and chums (friends parody)

And that weird Australian TV show with a light house - around the twist.. too old for me, but Drazic was a wrongun!

Its mad how many of those I sang the theme tune to whilst I was reading it... 

• Like 1

The one that always gets blank looks from people when I mention it was a Scooby Doo type show with a dog that turned invisible that was called Goober and the ghost chasers.

I know it exists , just I seem to be the only person that ever watched it , which probably explains why it got binned so quickly 

anyone here recall it ?

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

For some reason I had fun house flash backs last week, that was the one I wanted to go on

There was a show before it set in a burger restaurant that I watched despite it being pretty rubbish

I won't have a bad word said against pokemom on Itv before school, the Mario cartoon was OK hop but pokemom was awesome (I was about 13...)

Then nickelodeon happened I got older and it all becomes a blur 

“Spatz”.

I always found Fun House a little bit boring. The bit with collecting keys driving round in the little cars. The best bit was the end when they actually ran about in the fun house. 

Similar to Fun House was “Finders Keepers” presented by Art Attack’s Neil Buchanan. That kind of got to the point more.

Speaking of kids’ art shows. There was one that I loved, so much so, I entered a competition and actually won a prize. Still have the prize to this day, a signed copy of one of the presenter’s books.

Pretty sure time hasn’t seen it become tainted in anyway...

A6C5B298-F05D-4FBB-A5C7-E0817C96CF03.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

“Spatz”.

I always found Fun House a little bit boring. The bit with collecting keys driving round in the little cars. The best bit was the end when they actually ran about in the fun house. 

Similar to Fun House was “Finders Keepers” presented by Art Attack’s Neil Buchanan. That kind of got to the point more.

Speaking of kids’ art shows. There was one that I loved, so much so, I entered a competition and actually won a prize. Still have the prize to this day, a signed copy of one of the presenter’s books.

Pretty sure time hasn’t seen it become tainted in anyway...

A6C5B298-F05D-4FBB-A5C7-E0817C96CF03.jpeg

A mate of a mate once bought an original Rolf oil painting as an investment. Cost £30k and got presented it by the "man" himself - he said Harris was very deaf, but sociable enough. 

18 months later....and it all hits the fan. The painting is worth fck all apart from any notoriety value.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, bickster said:

Jackanory

EDIT: And Youtube just knew....

He also used to narrate Willo the Wisp as well i think around the time we conquered Europe

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Can't beat a good episode of Scooby-Doo.

Also quite enjoyed Space Ghost Coast to Coast.

I was a big fan of the Hex Girls

• Like 1

My daughter is absolutely transfixed when Peppa Pig comes on, whereas she pretty much ignores other TV.

It's actually pretty good too, I find it quite funny. Whereas most other children's TV feels like it was designed with the aid of copious amounts of LSD.

I used to be big into Thomas the Tank Engine when I was a kid. Not sure it holds up too well these days though!

3 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

My daughter is absolutely transfixed when Peppa Pig comes on, whereas she pretty much ignores other TV.

It's actually pretty good too, I find it quite funny. Whereas most other children's TV feels like it was designed with the aid of copious amounts of LSD.

I used to be big into Thomas the Tank Engine when I was a kid. Not sure it holds up too well these days though!

Also used to enjoy watching Ben and Holly’s little kingdom when mine were younger. The episode with the elf builders was hilarious, They just sat around all day drinking tea and not working

Edited by Follyfoot

In my childhood there was a lot of Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies. The Tex Avery stuff. Then the more modern shows - Animaniacs, Tiny Toons.

Disney stuff, but more stuff like Duck Tales, Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers and the like rather than Mickey Mouse.

Danger Mouse (which I saw an episode of years later...dear oh dear that was better left as a memory). Count Duckula was another I remember really liking.

The usual other stuff - TMNT (or hero turtles, whatever) was a big fixture, Attack of the killer tomatoes I vaguely remember.

Then you have the live action stuff. Saved by the bell, The Secret World of Alex Mack...

2 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

If anyone wants nightmares watch “The Singing Ringing Tree”.  Truly one of the scariest children’s TV shows ever. 

I had such a vivid memory of that I bought the DVD. Very disappointing. Never go back. 

Â