Europa League & Champions League Finals

andykeenan

18 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

40 years on to the day and the word VILLA is again etched on a European trophy.

39!  Next year is the 40th anniversary.

• Sad 1

Just now, S-Platt said:

39!  Next year is the 40th anniversary.

Ah it's The anniversary of when we won. And I can say 81-82 season so season wise it is. So bleughh lol 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

Ah it's The anniversary of when we won. And I can say 81-82 season so season wise it is. So bleughh lol 😉

This is 20/21 season so bleughh! 40 years since the championship next season 21/22 40 years European Cup.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, S-Platt said:

This is 20/21 season so bleughh! 40 years since the championship next season 21/22 40 years European Cup.

Okay I'll give you that. However is it the anniversary of us winning the big one double O seven!

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

They wont

But the way they dropped off in extra time was bizarre, didn't do enough 2nd half onwards 

Man U board only sack managers when it's mathematically impossible for them to make the top 4

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

They're not wrong. He's Steve Bruce in disguise.

Attacking players go win the game.

Oh it's not working.

Head scratch.

Hope for penalties.

The stick he gets is just bonkers. He's been in charge of a new generation coming into that club. Consistently improved them. Finished second place with a pretty average squad imo. Finished the season unbeaten away, which I can't ever remember happening.

It's not just Man Utd fans, but others too, that the second they don't win everything the manager isn't worthy and isn't SAF.

Personally I find it funny as hell, but the logic involved is beyond ridiculous.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

He didn't even get close to about 7 of them but there were some good penalties so blaming a keeper is harsh imo, can't off the top of my head remember one where I thought he should have done better 

I'm a firm believer that a pro footballer especially at this level should be able to hit an unsaveable penalty, its the nerves and then also the Billy Big bollocks mental side of it that then makes it interesting, that's why I love penalties 

36 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The stick he gets is just bonkers. He's been in charge of a new generation coming into that club. Consistently improved them. Finished second place with a pretty average squad imo. Finished the season unbeaten away, which I can't ever remember happening.

It's not just Man Utd fans, but others too, that the second they don't win everything the manager isn't worthy and isn't SAF.

Personally I find it funny as hell, but the logic involved is beyond ridiculous.

They won trophies under Mourinho and also finished 2nd...with a lot more points.

What exactly has Solksjaer done that is so good?

He's manager of Man Utd. The players at his disposal are different class.

AWB is a phenomenal defender. Shaw one of the best fullbacks in Europe on form.

Maguire. Pogba. Rashford.  Fernandes. Greenwood. Cavani. They're al ooze absolute class.

He can't even win a carabao 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He didn't even get close to about 7 of them but there were some good penalties so blaming a keeper is harsh imo, can't off the top of my head remember one where I thought he should have done better 

I'm a firm believer that a pro footballer especially at this level should be able to hit an unsaveable penalty, its the nerves and then also the Billy Big bollocks mental side of it that then makes it interesting, that's why I love penalties 

There was one he got a full, very limp hand on it. Would’ve won them the cup.

Played for penalties with a keeper who has conceded now 40 goals in a row.

Plays a 34 year old and Rashford (who looks absolutely shot to bits btw) just to take penalties.

Makes no subs to win the game against a midfield of Capoue and Coquelin. Two absolute donkeys and still he was too scared to change it.

Ole gets too much flak and has too many haters? Honestly I don't know how he gets away with it. He's United manager and he is under no pressure to win a anything.

He's clueless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Not saving a single penalty out of 11 is appalling.

The Villarreal keeper was very close with 3 but at least scored his. 

OGS should have subbed de gea knowing his penalty record. 

Rookie mistake 

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

OGS should have subbed de gea knowing his penalty record. 

Rookie mistake 

OGS subs last night made Smith look proactive. He didn’t make any in the 90 minutes did he?

Â