Europa League & Champions League Finals

andykeenan

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

OGS should have subbed de gea knowing his penalty record. 

Rookie mistake 

Henderson got a decent penalty save record as well. 

Should have done a Tim Krul in the 119th minute 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Ole gets too much flak and has too many haters? Honestly I don't know how he gets away with it. He's United manager and he is under no pressure to win a anything.

He's clueless.

It’s funny because Poch is apparently very highly rated from his time at Spurs. The 5 years before he joined they averaged a league finish of 4.8. In his 5 year tenure he moved the average up to 3.4. Top manager.

OGS gets the United job on the back of a 5 year average also of 4.8, in his 3 seasons so far the average finish is 3.6, and he’s a clueless PE teacher clown who should be sacked :lol: 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

It’s funny because Poch is apparently very highly rated from his time at Spurs. The 5 years before he joined they averaged a league finish of 4.8. In his 5 year tenure he moved the average up to 3.4. Top manager.

OGS gets the United job on the back of a 5 year average also of 4.8, in his 3 seasons so far the average finish is 3.6, and he’s a clueless PE teacher clown who should be sacked :lol: 

Big difference between Spurs and Man Utd though. 

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

United have a far bigger wage and transfer budget than spuds. You can't compare the 2. One is the biggest club in the country, the other isn't even the biggest club in north london.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Big difference between Spurs and Man Utd though. 

Not really, Ole is doing as well or better than several other very big names have done at Man United since Fergie left.

It’s this social media thing where someone has to be completely shit if they are not brilliant. It was all extremely quiet when he won about 15 games in a row, lose a cup final and he’s a clown again.

Ole will be out by Christmas imo. I personally think he's done a good job to take United from a 5/6th team to second. However, next season Liverpool will improve and Man City are a train that never stops. 

3/4th will be seen as backwards step. 

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

United have a far bigger wage and transfer budget than spuds. You can't compare the 2. One is the biggest club in the country, the other isn't even the biggest club in north london.

Maybe but in the last 7 or 8 years Spurs have been the better club in the league 

Just now, Genie said:

Not really, Ole is doing as well or better than several other very big names have done at Man United since Fergie left.

It’s this social media thing where someone has to be completely shit if they are not brilliant. It was all extremely quiet when he won about 15 games in a row, lose a cup final and he’s a clown again.

Zero trophies in 3 seasons for a club that size is poor 

Spent hundreds of million as well

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

But getting 2nd in the table (to probably the best team in English football history) and a European cup final is not really worthy of ridicule.

You might argue they are where they should be given the resources, but it’s certainly not clown like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The stick he gets is just bonkers. He's been in charge of a new generation coming into that club. Consistently improved them. Finished second place with a pretty average squad imo. Finished the season unbeaten away, which I can't ever remember happening.

It's not just Man Utd fans, but others too, that the second they don't win everything the manager isn't worthy and isn't SAF.

Personally I find it funny as hell, but the logic involved is beyond ridiculous.

He doesn't have a pretty average squad. He has one of the best three or four squads in the league. United finished second this season because Liverpool didn't turn up and Lampard was so poor Tuchel had too much to do. 

United will spend again this summer and best case scenario finish second or lower. And that's because Ole isn't good enough. 

Just now, Genie said:

But getting 2nd in the table (to probably the best team in English football history) and a European cup final is not really worthy of ridicule.

You might argue they are where they should be given the resources, but it’s certainly not clown like.

Well not ridicule but they only got to the Europa by failing in the Champions League.

And they never looked closed to actually competing with Man City for the title.

With Liverpool coming back and Tuchel at Chelsea 4th place will be an achievement for them next season.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

What exactly has Solksjaer done that is so good?

Scored the winner in the 1999 Champions League final.  Never underestimate the power of goodwill.  

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

It's like comparing the Villa job with the Norwich job.

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It's like comparing the Villa job with the Norwich job.

If Villa had spent half a decade below Norwich, then brought in a new manager who reversed it and put Villa back to where they expect to be I wouldn’t expect that Villa manager to be slated like Ole gets.

United are a work in progress, you can’t compete with City overnight. I think they’d have to have a pretty major collapse to sack OGS as he’s moving them steadily in the right direction. They’ll add a big name or 2 this summer (Kane possibly) and get closer to the top is my prediction.

Theres something about Ole people want to see fail, I’m not sure what it is as he comes across fairly polite and uncontroversial. I thinks it’s because he got the job without having a “top manager” CV so people are possibly jealous that the bold appointment might work out?

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

If Villa had spent half a decade below Norwich, then brought in a new manager who reversed it and put Villa back to where they expect to be I wouldn’t expect that Villa manager to be slated like Ole gets.

United are a work in progress, you can’t compete with City overnight. I think they’d have to have a pretty major collapse to sack OGS as he’s moving them steadily in the right direction. They’ll add a big name or 2 this summer (Kane possibly) and get closer to the top is my prediction.

Theres something about Ole people want to see fail, I’m not sure what it is as he comes across fairly polite and uncontroversial. I thinks it’s because he got the job without having a “top manager” CV so people are possibly jealous that the bold appointment might work out?

Spot on. It’s just a narrative that was applied when Solskjaer/Man Utd suffered that awful run. He’s turned it around really well and seems to have made what was a bit of a mess into a cohesive team. People are just unable to accept this, though, because once a view is set it will remain pretty entrenched. 

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

Man utd factor 

Could be anyone "failing" like this and it would be funny

Rio said something at the end of the game last night that I completely agree with along the lines of them being a team of individuals, from the majority of last night it looked like Cavani would be that individual, they have attacking players that can get them out of the shit and grind results as well as their rub of the green with the refs

If you look at klopp and pep, now tuchel, Bielsa obviously at look at shape, style all those clichés then man utd don't really have one 

37 minutes ago, Genie said:

"work in progress"

I don't see a lot of progress. They don't have a recognizable style of play. It's just vibes and relying on individual brilliance.

30 penalties a season surely helps too.

Fully expeting Liverpool to be back next season and manure to fight for 3rd and 4th

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Marginally better than LVG and Moyes who were rightfully hounded it for being dross

Â