Europa League & Champions League Finals

andykeenan

On 27/05/2021 at 17:39, Keyblade said:

He's done a great job. People just can't get over the fact that he's not a big name or that he has strong P.E. teacher energy. He's not a real manager in their minds.

But to be fair, he's also outspent every team bar City (roughly equal money spent), but hasn't really made any headway in bridging the gap towards them and Liverpool. But making them a perennial top 4 club is something that they weren't before he arrived and he deserves credit for that.

One billion pounds in transfers over the last decade

15 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

One billion pounds in transfers over the last decade

Was like that before him too. I'm comparing him to his predecessors. They couldn't hold down a top 4 spot to save their lives.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Was like that before him too. I'm comparing him to his predecessors. They couldn't hold down a top 4 spot to save their lives.

Top 4 isn't  trophy.

Mourinho comfortably their most successful manager post Fergie

51 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Top 4 isn't  trophy.

Correct, but it’s an extremely important milestone the managers of the likes of United, Chelsea, Liverpool City etc MUST achieve.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Got a soft spot for Pep, really want him to win this.

Me too, I think after decade they will have earned it.

I’m really hoping for a good game.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Got a soft spot for Pep, really want him to win this.

And me

Partly because of those who want to measure him purely by CL trophies 

Under no doubt that if they lose it there will be several posters on here claiming how overrated he is, tbf even if he wins someone will be here ready with stats on how much he's spent 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

And me

Partly because of those who want to measure him purely by CL trophies 

Under no doubt that if they lose it there will be several posters on here claiming how overrated he is, tbf even if he wins someone will be here ready with stats on how much he's spent 

Fraudiola

Cheque Guardiola

Just trying to jump the queue if they are to lose :lol: 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Rio Ferdinand just said 'Raheem starting tonight is an audition for him starting at the Euros'

300px-Confused_Nick_Young.jpg

I agree tbf

Biggest game possible, plays well on this stage and Southgate will say experience and ability to perform under pressure etc it definitley means something 

Unfortunately I think southgate playing in games like this means something, playing well means a lot, playing shit will be largely ignored 

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

Fraudiola

Cheque Guardiola

Just trying to jump the queue if they are to lose :lol: 

Yeah id listen to those who say they don't like his death by a thousand passes brand of football because there's a point to be made there but there's also a lot of criticism that's wide of the mark 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I agree tbf

Biggest game possible, plays well on this stage and Southgate will say experience and ability to perform under pressure etc it definitley means something 

Unfortunately I think southgate playing in games like this means something, playing well means a lot, playing shit will be largely ignored 

But lets forget the horror show at the last world cup where he couldn't score to save his life? and also hes been shit this season? But thats alright hes in the champs final gotta start him?

bizaare POV.

1 minute ago, KAZZAM said:

But lets forget the horror show at the last world cup where he couldn't score to save his life? and also hes been shit this season? But thats alright hes in the champs final gotta start him?

bizaare POV.

I thought he was our best player at the WC 😬 it was his movement and off the ball stuff that let Southgate play his kick and rush but yeah he's been poor this season 

Wait and see what happens for the game vs Croatia, he will almost definitely use the word "experience" and name sterling as a starter, it's a bug bearer of mine with England no doubt 

Â