Euro 2020 : Group B (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Russia)

BOF

On 13/06/2021 at 20:31, LondonLax said:

What are UEFA supposed to do? Finland play again in a couple of days. UEFA gave them the option to play on Saturday or postpone to Sunday and they chose Saturday. Denmark’s manager has said they were under no pressure from UEFA to come back out and play.

They have a Covid-19 rule where they can postpone a game up to 48 hours if there is an outbreak in a squad, don't tell me they couldn't have done the same thing in this situation.

1 hour ago, Taxahunter said:

They have a Covid-19 rule where they can postpone a game up to 48 hours if there is an outbreak in a squad, don't tell me they couldn't have done the same thing in this situation.

Its a bit harsh but Finland play 3pm today so not sure where they fit the game in. They could have just called it a draw under the circumstances

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Its a bit harsh but Finland play 3pm today so not sure where they fit the game in. They could have just called it a draw under the circumstances

That would have been pretty harsh on Finland who won the match.

It’s a difficult situation but if Denmark now regret playing so soon then that is probably on the manager who should have told them to wait a day and take the later time offered. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

That would have been pretty harsh on Finland who won the match.

It’s a difficult situation but if Denmark now regret playing so soon then that is probably on the manager who should have told them to wait a day and take the later time offered. 

i think its a no win situation all around. I think at the time Finland would have taken the draw instead of playing later

16 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Dreadful game, two very poor teams. 

Yep, Finland were really poor until the Eriksen incident the other day and Russia were all over the place vs Belgium at back

Â