Euro 2020 : Group B (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Russia)

BOF

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I think they're just shite. They were playing a 38yo who played less than a game's worth of minutes this season. Stupid.

I meant the 4 subs by the start of the 2nd half 

Also martinezs team talk... 

200.gif

Belgium look happy at 2-0, maybe snatch a 3rd if they can  on the break but I don't think they really care, jobs done 

I’ll be honest, Belgium have not done a fat lot this half. Russia have come into it by pressing, and going more direct to bypass midfield.

That Lukaku goal is **** shocking. Blatantly offside, unless you’re going to claim that the defender deliberately sliced his clearance to assist the opposition attacker. The rules are ambiguous, but we all know how they’re supposed to be interpreted, and it’s not like that. Needs to be rewritten immediately.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Russia always get to these tournaments.And bore the shit out of everyone, each time. 

How can a country so large produce such shit so regularly

Belgium have done **** all since halftime though. Disappointed me. 

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

Russia always get to these tournaments.And bore the shit out of everyone, each time. 

How can a country so large produce such shit so regularly

the players rarely leave Russia so dont develop you could make the same argument for England about 10 years or so back, Russian league seems a lot slower as well so the players are never that athletic either. Russia did get to the last quarter finals and the Euros semi final in 2008 so they arent always useless

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Vermahlen. Zhirkov.

What decade have I woke up in. **** hell. Luc Nilis be on next

Putin is president, so it could be 90’s, 00’s, 10’s or 20’s.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the players rarely leave Russia so dont develop you could make the same argument for England about 10 years or so back, Russian league seems a lot slower as well so the players are never that athletic either. Russia did get to the last quarter finals and the Euros semi final in 2008 so they arent always useless

I had forgot 2008. Still my overall memory over time is boredom 🤣

22 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Russia's population is over 10 times that of Belgium but are being comprehensively played off the pitch. Given how popular football is in Russia you could make a case of them being one of the biggest underachievers in international football.

Was just thinking the very same thing. Maybe their frozen winters account for it? Maybe their best team sport athletes choose ice hockey. Hard to say.

9 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

That Lukaku goal is **** shocking. Blatantly offside, unless you’re going to claim that the defender deliberately sliced his clearance to assist the opposition attacker. The rules are ambiguous, but we all know how they’re supposed to be interpreted, and it’s not like that. Needs to be rewritten immediately.

You can look at it in 2 ways. Technically the defender attempted to play the ball, made contact, and cocked it up. In this scenario I don’t think Lukaku is offside. However, there is an argument to suggest that Lukaku’s presence impacted the way that the defender tried to play the ball. I can’t imagine that having Lukaku near you wouldn’t panic you a bit when defending. In this case I’d say he was offside.

Â