Euro 2020 : Group A (Italy, Switzerland, Turkey, Wales)

BOF

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Reminds me of when Ireland plsy James Collins, out of his depth and not above top half Championship quality 

Surely Vokes a better option than Moore

Wales actually got better results in qualifying once they started Moore so I can see the logic.

They were playing Harry Wilson as false 9 in the warm ups but looked even less threatening going forward.

Just a transitional tournament for them I'm afraid.

Just now, gwi1890 said:

Embolo looks like he has everything at club level things haven’t happened  for him since he’s big money moves, wonder why?

Didn't he do his ACL just after he moved to 'Gladbach, that set him back a bit.

Always amazes me how slow british coaches are to tweak things, game is just passing Wales by yet no subs or any tweak or formation. I know Page is just a stand in due to the Giggs issue but come on do something, Dan James as false 9 striker or three centrally or at the back which you could do with just bringing Ampadu on.

Page seems to be a bit like DS just talking to coaching staff endlessly and might throw on a sub around 70th minute mark.

All so easy for the Swiss.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Embolo looks like he has everything at club level things haven’t happened  for him since he’s big money moves, wonder why?

He's had some horrific injuries, most of them before he moved to Borussia thou. He's still only 24.

Quite possible that he's never really 100% fit anymore but he's put up OK numbers considering the minutes he's played. 

Someone's going to take the gamble on him but it could go either way.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Always amazes me how slow british coaches are to tweak things, game is just passing Wales by yet no subs or any tweak or formation. I know Page is just a stand in due to the Giggs issue but come on do something, Dan James as false 9 striker or three centrally or at the back which you could do with just bringing Ampadu on.

Page seems to be a bit like DS just talking to coaching staff endlessly and might throw on a sub around 70th minute mark.

All so easy for the Swiss.

I was just going to write something similar. Why just let time tick away? What's so special about the sixty minute mark, that coaches wait until it passes (or in Smith's case, even later?) If they were on top or even competitive in the game, it might make more sense to see if the players on the pitch can turn it round. As it is, they were getting battered anyway.

We all know Bale doesn't have the electric pace he used to but he is and has always been a great technical player.

Get on the ball man. Just use your experience and ability to have a greater impact in the middle third.

Just floating about. If you can't run  just get on the ball and zing it about. Should some leadership and influence.

Infuriating.

Ramsay is anonymous, Bale isn't anywhere near the player he was and can't get in the game, and Moore is your classic big bloke who had a decent streak of form.

Not good enough.

Amazing, Wales second best by miles and Swiss make the first change.

Smart move aswell, Shaqiri not needed now they're 1 up and if Zakaria's as good as you all say his mobility will help them see out the 1-0.

Nothing from Page. Poor.

Just now, Chindie said:

Ramsay is anonymous, Bale isn't anywhere near the player he was and can't get in the game, and Moore is your classic big bloke who had a decent streak of form.

Not good enough.

Can't or won't. Man just floats about hoping to receive the ball 20 yards out from goal or nothing.

It's sad man. Absolutely no reason he couldn't play 10 and really influence this game. Just not in the way he wants =  free kicks shots and goals.

Â