Euro 2020 : Group A (Italy, Switzerland, Turkey, Wales)

BOF

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You might be right, but according to wiki his brother played for Milan way before he were in Milan. He's brother also were in the Milan youth setup, which is even more confusing to me as they were apparently born down towards Sorrento, and that's definitely Napoli territory. 

I took the old train route down there in a Roma jersey on Saturday night. Not doing that again. How I got away from that I'll never know. 

His brother was signed as a youth player back in the day but never made the step up, they then signed the younger Donnarumma who was a much bigger talent when he was 14 to the youth set up. They continued to keep the older brother around (while loaning him out) so that Gianluigi would feel at home. Milan likely had the inner track to sign him since the older brother was already at the club.

41 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don’t know how Welsh people feel about it but I’m getting seriously bored of  constantly being reminded how incredible 2016 was.

How the f*** do you think the rest of the world think about1966?

• Like 2

Not quite the same atmosphere as in Rome is it. Game played in Baku, Azerbaijan. A nation that isn't even in the tournament and a stadium with running tracks going round the pitch wider than I've ever seen.

Back to that lifeless pre-season match feeling we've gotten used to in the last year and a half.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Now I remember why I don't watch American international games anymore...  ESPN commentators are horrific.  Alejandro Moreno has no business calling games.  Guess I'm going on mute for the game.

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Now I remember why I don't watch American international games anymore...  ESPN commentators are horrific.  Alejandro Moreno has no business calling games.  Guess I'm going on mute for the game.

Can you get hold of BBC 1 somehow? (It has Robbie Savage so probably not much better).

I might have misheard it but I thought they said before the game they can fill this stadium to 50% full but the locals weren’t interested in going.

Edited by Genie

Just now, Genie said:

I might have misheard it but I thought they said before the game they can fill this stadium go 50% full but the locals weren’t interested in going.

They couldn't sell out when Arsenal and Chelsea played the europa final in 2019, loads of empty seats for that one and had the air of pre season friendly.

If you'd played this in Tehran for a laugh 100 miles down the road 90k would've probably turned up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KMitch said:

He is so irritating and obviously a barca fanboy which is as annoying. Surely they could have found another commentator that speaks English 

Â