Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

21 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

and if we had started Jack and Sancho in the first 2 games neither of them would have done enough to remain in the starting 11.

The system is crap, and the coaching is crap, the mentality is crap and the style of play is crap.

Oh I agree. But you work with what you've got and make a judgement on what has passed previously. We cannot oust Southgate now, so just hope a combination of individuals could work.

It’s time we realise and accept that Southgate will never change. He’s stuck in his ineffective ways and no amount of comment from fans, media and people in football will change that. He’s a stubborn prick who hasn’t got a clue how to create a coherent attacking side from the copious talent at his disposal. 

Disposal is a good word actually, Gareth is disposing of our hopes and will waste this opportunity to bring joy to the nation. The really sad thing is that I can’t even see the FA sacking him. 

I’ll watch the game tonight, as I’ll watch them all, but my engagement with it has dropped right down. It’s not going to change, it will be what we all predicted. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

It’s time we realise and accept that Southgate will never change. He’s stuck in his ineffective ways and no amount of comment from fans, media and people in football will change that. He’s a stubborn prick who hasn’t got a clue how to create a coherent attacking side from the copious talent at his disposal. 

Disposal is a good word actually, Gareth is disposing of our hopes and will waste this opportunity to bring joy to the nation. The really sad thing is that I can’t even see the FA sacking him. 

I’ll watch the game tonight, as I’ll watch them all, but my engagement with it has dropped right down. It’s not going to change, it will be what we all predicted. 

Pretty much and I am fast becoming one of those "I hope we get battered" guys, limp through another tournament and waste another generation at a world cup..

2 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

Do you think he might walk after this tournament? 

Not a chance, £3m a year until the end of next year 

No one in club management is touching him let alone for that kind of money 

He'll end up upstairs at the FA, really wouldn't be surprised to see him be the next Trevor Brooking 

You can just imagine the interview after the game...

"Gareth, a draw with Czech Republic has seen England finish second, how do you rate the performance tonight?"

"We played well...  we looked solid at the back with Maguire returning.

I think the team as a whole will learn from this experience."

"No Grealish again Gareth, why was this?"

"I spoke to Jack before the tournament began and he understands what he has to do. It's unfortunate we have lost Mason Mount to Covid as I think he would have gave us that edge in what we were lacking today."

"Finally Gareth, will we see Jack Grealish start a game for England in this tournament?"

"I think collectively as a group we must all stick together, the players I have picked have shown that they can grind out a result and that's what gives us the edge in these fixtures. I think that now we have Jordon back and Harry in defence, it gives us a more solid look and we hope that Mason Mount can make a speedy recovery to join us for the knockout stages."

"Thanks Gareth."

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

"Gareth, a draw with Czech Republic has seen England finish second, how do you rate the performance tonight?"

"I spoke to Jack before the tournament began and he understands what he has to do. It's unfortunate we have lost Mason Mount to Covid as I think he would have gave us that edge in what we were lacking today."

"Finally Gareth, will we see Jack Grealish start a game for England in this tournament?"

"I think collectively as a group we must all stick together, the players I have picked have shown that they can grind out a result and that's what gives us the edge in these fixtures. I think that now we have Jordon back and Harry in defence, it gives us a more solid look and we hope that Mason Mount can make a speedy recovery to join us for the knockout stages."

"Thanks Gareth."

He's a clown, he has used Jack sparingly as he would hate it if Jack was allowed to be Jack and he was the reason we did well, imagine his face if Jack made the team of the tournament. 

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not a chance, £3m a year until the end of next year 

No one in club management is touching him let alone for that kind of money 

He'll end up upstairs at the FA, really wouldn't be surprised to see him be the next Trevor Brooking 

I think mid-table premier league sides would take a chance on him if he left England. 

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

"Thanks Gareth."

Depressing but entirely accurate!

Just now, Genie said:

I think mid-table premier league sides would take a chance on him if he left England. 

I think they would, they’d point to things like his experience, his win percentage as England manager and his ability to handle big games and big players. 

Whereas any club that’s run by intelligent people would drill down into those points and see them for what they really are. 

I could see him at Crystal Palace in the next couple of years.

9 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I think they would, they’d point to things like his experience, his win percentage as England manager and his ability to handle big games and big players. 

Whereas any club that’s run by intelligent people would drill down into those points and see them for what they really are. 

I could see him at Crystal Palace in the next couple of years.

He would destroy that club, Parish too canny to appoint that idiot.

So hes replacing Mount with Bellingham and sticking to the same front three that failed miserably against the Scots. I was looking forward to this tournament. Southgate has destroyed that hope! We will probably win but we learn nothing and will just loose the last 16 game. 

12 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

He would destroy that club, Parish too canny to appoint that idiot.

I’d rather him destroy Palace than keep destroying the national team. But yeah Parish alright, he doesn’t deserve Southgate. Maybe he’ll end up at the Albion, they’d appreciate his unique take on football. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’d rather him destroy Palace than keep destroying the national team. But yeah Parish alright, he doesn’t deserve Southgate. Maybe he’ll end up at the Albion, they’d appreciate his unique take on football. 

Wolves 🤞🤞🤞🤞

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd be very surprised to see him leading any club after the tournament. Between the last World Cup and the poor showing so far, he's shown himself to be a very negative manager, however for all his negativity we've not looked particularly solid as a defensive unit. The Scots would, and probably should, have scored 2 or 3 had they a striker who could finish his dinner. We were pinned back against Croatia for large parts of the 2nd half. He's not even that "good" at being negative.

We've also had 3 shots on target in total so far. Against a very poor Croatia and hugely unfancied Scotland. At the moment he's a poor man's McLeish. Southgate is unemployable in my eyes. He may get a DoF job somewhere, like a previous poster alluded to, unless he takes a break from football for a few years and the passage of time inevitably improves his reputation.

• Like 1

Â