Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

14 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Some incredible touches and his work rate is great too.

I don't mind the temper tantrums normally, it's passionate and he cares, I'd have killed for that from a villa team 7 or 8 years ago.

But today, he kept doing it when the ball was within 3 yards of him. It was winnable still, and he was chucking his arms about. Needs somebody to pull him to one side at times. Fulham starting counter attacks within arm's reach of him but he's too busy flailing them about in anger

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing.

14 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Some incredible touches and his work rate is great too.

I don't mind the temper tantrums normally, it's passionate and he cares, I'd have killed for that from a villa team 7 or 8 years ago.

But today, he kept doing it when the ball was within 3 yards of him. It was winnable still, and he was chucking his arms about. Needs somebody to pull him to one side at times. Fulham starting counter attacks within arm's reach of him but he's too busy flailing them about in anger

Not at his best when he loses his composure and gets angry. Unai needs to have a word about the lack of cohesion.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

It’s like that time nobody was on Scott Hogans wavelength with all those clever runs he was making. 

Buendia was poor tonight and that has nothing to do with Watkins.

I don't think Watkins was at his best either to be fair. 

• Like 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

Poor game on the ball today but thought he was good off it. 

Agreed here. A few pages back talked about having composure when things weren’t going his way and careened wildly back and forth between gesticulating emptily when losing the ball and then bustling and tracking back when off it. Bad with the good. 

Little tiff between him and Ollie. Almost feels like a proper striker partnership! The pair bickering on who gets the ball. 

Loses the ball too often and unnecessarily, either through a poor first touch or not being strong enough.

Capable of plenty of good work in opposition to this but he’s still just a bit too lightweight and not savvy enough to win the free kicks others seem to win.

He gets fouled a lot and the ref doesn't call it, it's been a running theme of his time here so far. I think it's because he's constantly gesticulating that the refs let a couple of sly digs into him fly sometimes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villa87 said:

Very poor tonight and I’m a big fan. Need to get him and Watkins clicking again!

Yeah one of those Buendia games where his touch was off and he wasn't quite in the right place, it happens.

It does show though if he does have a below par match then Ollie gets very isolated in attack. We really need some of the injured players back for start of May just to give us some flexibility for final 4 games.

Pinged an absolutely beautiful volleyed pass out to Moreno in the first half, had some nice touches but then spent most of the 2nd half running into people, being in the wrong place (which is why Ollie had a go at him), taking one touch too many or throwing his toys out of the pram, to a point where he smashed the pitch in frustration having not got a foul which gave the Fulham player time to pick a pass to start an attack - cue audible frustration from the Holte. 

I suspect we may try to upgrade him moving forwards.

30 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Lolz Buendia has a bad game shocker, people can't wait to pile in, it's like some want him to play rubbish so they can jump on this thread and get really angry 

It's beyond tedious especially after win, 10th game in a row unbeaten, and 5th in the league

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 3

Â