Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

He doesn’t look as piss weak on the ball as time goes by under Emery . Physically stronger ? Hardly. He just looks so much more tactically aware, picking the ball up in space and not trying to do too much. Think the price tag weighed on him a bit and Smith and Gerrard had neither the man management or tactical acumen to take that pressure off him. He’s improved no end.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Villa87 said:

He’s such a clever player. Picks up little pockets of spaces and plays on the half turn. 

Very few players who spot passes into dangerous areas as quickly as Emi. And he's great at weighting them as well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Funny how in the first :30 of the video, Buendia plays the same pass to Watkins twice before the eventual goal and each time Leicester failed to pick it up. A shame that Barnes scored the equalizer and they decided to sit in their own half. Think Buendia was having a field day playing that system before we switched to the 3box3

Imagine if you got into a fight with Buendia (never had a fight in my life btw)...but...pretty short, fairly high pitched voice...yeah I can take this guy...Jesus he's biting my leg!

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Finds space so well.

Good performance.

My thoughts exactly. He gets into areas between our midfield and attack and, when we’re under pressure, defence and midfield. He’s at his best when he’s moving and offering an outlet to his teammates. 

Moreno def seems like he’s on the same wavelength. Plus, Moreno bombing on gives Emi additional space to wander into. 

8 hours ago, abdomlahor said:

so important to how we play. i think he's often better at spotting passes than he is at playing them, but he's undroppable for me.

Good observation - his vision is excellent and is the foundation for those amazing through balls he can play, but then he'll misplace a fairly simple pass sometimes. 

3 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Was awful against Chelsea, was good last night. I like Buendia, he's a good player, but he isn't a top player.

This is not my memory.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rolta said:

This is not my memory.

Well it is mine. He was at his lightweight, giving the ball away best / worst against Chelsea. Had a good game last night though. 

I like him, he works hard, plays with a good intensity, but he is slow, weak, and not a particularly good dribbler.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 goals and 2 assists under Emery (crossbar shot followed in by Watkins in 4-2 Leicester loss should be counted as not touched by another. Given as assist in FPL) and should have several more assists but for finishing from teammates and yet some muppets on here still slag him off. Absolute joke 

• Like 1

Â