Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

On 23/10/2022 at 21:45, DRAGONZ_RULE said:

Yeah, it is funny how you see it when you have a negative opinion of the player so you are already biased towards the negative from the outset. Every time he lost the ball would have stuck in your mind as justification for your opinion, all the great work would have been glossed over.

I have been saying on this thread for 18 months now that he is going to be Villas best player, and he will be (if he is not already anyway).

So many people who will be eating so much humble pie provided he has a manager who trusts him and builds the lineup around his best attributes.

I want to like your posts but… your avatar is a Leeds Utd badge!

🤣

21 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

He's going to have a field day under the new manager.

Ever Banega won a lot of medals thanks to Emery, and they're quite similar players.

This makes me so happy. Very similar . Simple really isnt it. Get 2 strong holders and good passers to sit behind the player who will create for fun. I would have said Ash Young for player of the season but this hiring of Emery is going to bring the best out of Emi. Belief and faith in him. And not being constantly benched for the managers mate. 

• Like 1

Banega is a superb player. But I always thought he's better sitting slightly deeper than Emi, more of an 8 than a 10? Both superb passers of the ball, but Banega had a wider range of passes I'd say, however Emi is the master of the killer through ball.

Anyway, was great to see Emi actually look happy on Sunday. Also loved his 'Vamos!!!' in Ings' ear after he buried the penalty.

I was thinking actually, the likeability (is that a word?) of our squad must be pretty high right now.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I was thinking actually, the likeability (is that a word?) of our squad must be pretty high right now.

I think Emi could end up being the player that other team's fans really hate. Which does indeed make him more likeable.

8 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Him and Danks seem to have a good understanding with each other. I think Emi is one of those players that likes to feel trusted, and that was certainly the case on Sunday. 

Danks for the Emory. 

• Like 1

I think he just wants to play to be honest. He had a decent run of games when Gerrard came and our form was decent and so was his.

And then the Coutinho project started and he never started 2 games in a row again.

3 hours ago, DJBOB said:

I think he just wants to play to be honest. He had a decent run of games when Gerrard came and our form was decent and so was his.

And then the Coutinho project started and he never started 2 games in a row again.

We never needed Coutinho. The two of them can't play in the same team IMO, I'd be amazed if Unai got them both in the first XI and Buendia has been the better player while both were at Villa.

Edited by villa89

3 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Worst. Band. Ever!

6 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Remember the 1 nil loss in the cup vs Manure last season. That was the last game before Coutinho came in. Buendia was brilliant that night. Caused chaos .

the way we have mistreated and misused, or not used Buendia, is sickening, seriously sickening.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

also lost the ball a lot. 

i guess thats what happens when you are played for one game, then dropped for the next 10 regardless of what you do, cant build any rhythm with your teammates.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Â