Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

It seemed only managers like Arteta/ Pep or some Spanish /Portuguese managers would know how to use or play a system that will use Emil’s creativity.

Sadly i don’t see Villa going in this direction appointing this type of managers. Most likely he will gone after this season if Gerrard stays 

He did great under Farke so might have to add German to your list.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Technically Coutinho is the better player but Buendia offers more defensively.

I'd drop Bailey and play Buendia with Coutinho, we can accommodate both.

Ings up top.

Buendia offers more not just defensively.

He gets more involved than Coutinho and makes our play more fluid. He retains possession better than Coutinho. He has a much better vision than Coutinho. His passing is better. His pressing is better. If you remove Coutinho's first games for us, his numbers are better, even though he's played a lot less.

And he is more consistent.

Coutinho possibly gets into better scoring positions, but that doesn't amount to much, as he's only scored one goal in the last 6 months.

Coutinho gets picked over him because he is Gerrard's mate, as well as his marquee signing, which Gerrard is desperate to showcase as a success. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looked it up and Buendia hasn't started two matches in a row since February. Has 3G/3A in that time.

Coutinho has 5G/3A in that same time frame though most of his damage was done in two games (Leeds home and Southampton home).

I don't think this is case of one over the other - but pretty wild to consider that Coutinho has started so many more games than Buendia despite the lack of production.

I would say - I wonder why? - but I think I know why.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Looked it up and Buendia hasn't started two matches in a row since February. Has 3G/3A in that time.

Coutinho has 5G/3A in that same time frame though most of his damage was done in two games (Leeds home and Southampton home).

I don't think this is case of one over the other - but pretty wild to consider that Coutinho has started so many more games than Buendia despite the lack of production.

I would say - I wonder why? - but I think I know why.

they both need to play, its that simple for me.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He needs a run in the team. Hes given Bailey and Coutinho a run but we wont really know if he just picks him for the odd game then leaves him on the bench. 

Exactly this - I think Emi would welcome the trust placed in say Bailey.

I just can’t see it happening though and wouldn’t be surprised if he has already told his agent to find him a new club.

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

When he has started this season he hasn't impressed. He seems to always make an impact off the bench though.

I think Bailey is being given a run in the side as he's fast for a counter and is left footed. 

It's almost like he needs a run of consistent games and not 1 start every 4/5 games.

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's almost like he needs a run of consistent games and not 1 start every 4/5 games.

this exactly, needs to be allowed a run at starting and he will fly 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I have a friend who works at Bodymoor. It would appear all is not rosy between Gerrrard and Buendia. I would put alot of money on Buendia going as soon as is possible if Gerrard isn't fired 

And I wouldn't begrudge him in the slightest. 

Same if Luiz had gone. 

6 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I have a friend who works at Bodymoor. It would appear all is not rosy between Gerrrard and Buendia. I would put alot of money on Buendia going as soon as is possible if Gerrard isn't fired 

And I wouldn't begrudge him in the slightest. 

Same if Luiz had gone. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Sorry mate can't be true. Gerrard said he's 'all in'.

Sorry, I thought the rule on Villatalk was just to repeat the same thing over and over without actually reading other responses. 🙊

2 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

can you please confirm if you would begrudge him , even in the slightest. 

18 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Not surprised! It's a farce.

He was on the cusp of/in the Argentina squad a year ago.

He's been the best player at his club and the reward has been getting dropped.

I will start to enjoy Gerrard wherever he ends up next. He'll be on TV as a pundit within 3 years. 

Clueless. Not good enough.

6 hours ago, CVByrne said:

When he has started this season he hasn't impressed. He seems to always make an impact off the bench though.

I think Bailey is being given a run in the side as he's fast for a counter and is left footed. 

He has started 2 games this season and one was Arsenal away

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Not surprised! It's a farce.

He was on the cusp of/in the Argentina squad a year ago.

He's been the best player at his club and the reward has been getting dropped.

I will start to enjoy Gerrard wherever he ends up next. He'll be on TV as a pundit within 3 years. 

Clueless. Not good enough.

Its embarrassing, he was in the Argentina squad when at Norwich in the Championship

Gerrard is a big poison on the enjoyment of being an Aston Villa fan, even in his stupid mind that its either Buendia/Coutinho anybody that knows football knows they can play together. He might be trauamtised because he couldnt play with Lampard but thats because he had no football brain and played on vibes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

my lord, we really need to get rid of that tool....

(i mean Gerrard, in case anyone thinks im nuts....)

• Like 1

Â