Summer 2021 transfer thread

villa4europe

Think Anderson was o.k in his first season there, just got bored and demotivated going from regular top 4 at Lazio to bottom half with West Ham.

Thought Haller would be excellent in premier league but dodgy attitude from him and little workrate. Didn't Ajax still pay 30m for him which was pretty generous for West Ham.

Edited by VillaChris

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Felipe Anderson rejoined Lazio for 3 million, they signed him for 36 million.

Some people last season praising the West Ham transfer policy, think they lost nearly 60 million on selling Haller, Anderson and Snodgrass

We've done some terrible business in the last few years when you think mcormack and tshibola, but west ham are on another level

Edited by Jimzk5

German media claiming the Abramovic has made an extra £150m available to Chelsea earmarked for signing Haaland.

They are still looking to get rid of Tammy, Hudson-Odoi, Ziyech supposedly.

vanheusden has gone back to inter from liege for 15m

patricio to roma is done 11.5m

FM players - esposito has gone out on loan to basel

carlos bacca to granada from villarreal

joao mario signed for benfica

bakker to leverkusen from psg 7m

Diego Costa agreed to sign for Bologna then Mihajlovic vetoed the move as he id too much trouble. Could have been a great duet

He prefers to sign the more peaceful Arnautovic instead 😂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Diego Costa agreed to sign for Bologna then Mihajlovic vetoed the move as he id too much trouble. Could have been a great duet

To be fair he was probably right. That could have ended in murder. Arnautovic is a kitten comapred to those two.

Edited by sparrow1988

Alhassan "Hasse"  Yusuf, a favorite of mine is going to Royal Antwerp for a pathetically low fee of about £1m-£1.5m. 

He needed the move to keep developing and it will be really interesting to where he is and how much he's valued at after next season.

I've been claiming he's about to sign for Milan a bunch of times this year and been wrong every time. But this time I think it is actually happening.

Now watch him go sign for some club in Mexico...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

I've been claiming he's about to sign for Milan a bunch of times this year and been wrong every time. But this time I think it is actually happening.

Finally, he can't score against us next season :D:cheers:

• Like 2

Jose Sa to Wolves, he any good?

Also a couple of Southampton exit transfers, Ryan Bertrand has gone on a free to Leicester, and Dan N'Lundulu, the young striker they brought off the bench a few times last season and supposedly rate quite highly, has gone on loan to Lincoln. Be interesting to see if there's anything to him at that level or not.

33 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Jose Sa to Wolves, he any good?

Also a couple of Southampton exit transfers, Ryan Bertrand has gone on a free to Leicester, and Dan N'Lundulu, the young striker they brought off the bench a few times last season and supposedly rate quite highly, has gone on loan to Lincoln. Be interesting to see if there's anything to him at that level or not.

Cant say I have seen Sa play but on paper he is a huge downgrade, from Portugal No.1 goalkeeper to Portugal 5th choice goalkeeper. He didnt even get near the Euros squad

• Like 1

On 14/07/2021 at 05:02, sne said:

German media claiming the Abramovic has made an extra £150m available to Chelsea earmarked for signing Haaland.

They are still looking to get rid of Tammy, Hudson-Odoi, Ziyech supposedly.

Wouldn't mind a cheeky bid for Ziyech. What a player.

On 16/07/2021 at 06:42, Zatman said:

Was actually wondering what happened to Costa the other day. Everyone assumed he'd have something lined up when he left Atletico Madrid but gone 6 months without joining anyone. Can see him ending up in MLS.

On 16/07/2021 at 21:35, sne said:

Odd how Giroud was going to leave on a free then extended his contract straight after the end of the season....and is now joining AC Milan for about 2m.

I know there are many ways around FFP and this strikes me as another but will Chelsea getting an extra 2m really make a significant difference? Would be interested to see the logic in why he actually signed a new deal.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh, who always seemed to me like a player who might have been more interesting than he was if injuries hadn't intervened, has gone from Brighton to Feyenoord. Also Jon Toral's difficult second stint at the noses has come to an end, and he's gone to OFI Crete.

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Odd how Giroud was going to leave on a free then extended his contract straight after the end of the season....and is now joining AC Milan for about 2m.

I know there are many ways around FFP and this strikes me as another but will Chelsea getting an extra 2m really make a significant difference? Would be interested to see the logic in why he actually signed a new deal.

It was Chelsea who had an option to extend his contract. They obviously must have known at that point that Milan want him. You are right £2m is not much, but better then nothing. Nothing wrong with it.

Edited by Czarnikjak